Coronavirus and Football

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
It's going to play havoc with this season as well.

Absolutely, every time there is an international break you have to pray none of your players play on a national team that has an outbreak. Let alone the travel through airports around the world. Teams could be down multiple players for a few matches.

Tsimikas who tested positive while away with Greece gets sent home on Saturday, all Greek players are tested before the match against Kosovo and are all negative. Game is Monday, on Tuesday another Greek player Limnios tests positive. Now all club teams who have Greek players will have to isolate those players and test them again and even then there is no guarantee as with the above case it took a few days for the virus to be detected.

This could just as easily happen to England, Italy, any other national team. It already has happened to France and Spain (Not sure if Adama had contact with the rest of the squad?) I'm interested to see if any other French players test positive in the next few days. It's going to derail some unlucky club teams at one point or another.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Season starting in 48 hours, multiple players testing positive to COVID-19..

“Sure is quiet in here today.”
“Yes, a little too quiet, if you know what I mean.”
“I’m afraid I don’t.”
“You see, the null & void mob usually make a lot of noise about cancelling the season. No noise suggests no null & void mob.”

B49C1254-5289-4849-900C-848F68B416FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Jesus

4 players from Connah nomads still played despite previously testing positive. I know it's the early Europa qualifying rounds but still that is farcical.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
at this rate looks like we should be enjoying football while it lasts
That’s lower than the flu and nothing considering that nearly 2000 people die every day without Covid19. There’s no need to lockdown the UK when the lockdowns don’t stop the spread anyway.

That’s lower than the flu and nothing considering that nearly 2000 people die every day without Covid19. There’s no need to lockdown the UK when the lockdowns don’t stop the spread anyway.

Do you ever shut up on this s**t?

"The Premier League can today confirm that between Monday 21 September and Sunday 27 September, 1,595 players and Club staff were tested for COVID-19.

Of these, there were 10 new positive tests."

Rumoured that 1 of these 10 is Thiago Alcantara.

Wtf are you on about? In mid July whole of Victoria has about 2-300 new cases a day the same as whole of France. Now we have single digits after lockdown and France 15000 a day with no lockdown

Wtf are you on about? In mid July whole of Victoria has about 2-300 new cases a day the same as whole of France. Now we have single digits after lockdown and France 15000 a day with no lockdown

Pfft clearly just a coincidence.

Back