Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Uploaded yesterday....
d7368659ff20c5544ba3591570e51a66
Vale Wolverhampton.

Jota will have to quarantine now because of CR7. or so I've read people say they've read. not sure where people are reading this stuff in an official capacity.

This is really shocking stuff. As much as this virus has been studied, we still don't know what the medium to long term effects will be from having contracted it regardless of how young and fit a person was when they contracted it.

The early prognosis is alarming!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Rooney gets a visit from a mate that has been contacted by Track and Trace and has had a test.

He plays for Derby, meanwhile the mate gets the test result back which is positive.

Rooney getting an emergency test. Derby and Watford players likely to do the same.

Just shows how easy it is for this to spread in a sporting environment, my only concern is that the government is telling the rest of the world that a test taken within 14 days of contact with an infected person doesn't mean you aren't infected yourself. So by rights both teams from Friday night should self isolate for 14 days regardless of any test results.

So Rooney gets a visit from a mate that has been contacted by Track and Trace and has had a test.

He plays for Derby, meanwhile the mate gets the test result back which is positive.

Rooney getting an emergency test. Derby and Watford players likely to do the same.

Just shows how easy it is for this to spread in a sporting environment, my only concern is that the government is telling the rest of the world that a test taken within 14 days of contact with an infected person doesn't mean you aren't infected yourself. So by rights both teams from Friday night should self isolate for 14 days regardless of any test results.

No both team dont have to isolate, not sure why you keep repeating this.

Close contact is defined as spending 15 minutes face to face indoors or 2 hours in the same room. .

An opponent on the football field has never been defined as a close contact.

You wonder why families are banned from meeting in outdoor settings if that's the case.

They're not banned here meeting in outdoor settings (2 households) but are banned meeting indoors, that pretty much says it all.

One of my wife's friends is a DHHS coronavirus investigation officer. in Melbourne Still hasn't heard of a case of coronavirus transmitted in an outdoor setting (including from when sports were being played) in the near 21000 cases we've had in Melbourne.

I got the lowdown of the Chadstone outbreak from her. A cleaner who had a covid positive son didn't isolate from him and continued working. She then got it and then spread it to workers at a butcher shop in Chadstone. One customer who waited in line and casually spoke with staff for 10-15 minutes or so then got it and spread it elsewhere.

Outdoor transmission is not impossible but very unlikely.

Rooney is isolating

Contact tracers must have determined that his friend spent long enough inside to classify Rooney as a close contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back