Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Who? I stopped watching football after the 3rd UCL title in a row. Took the team as far as I could as a fan. These pleb-tier jabs are useless.
So you are just forgetting Ronaldo exists now?

Why is Liverpool the worst club for COVID? And don't do the whole "bitter blue" thing, the stats back it up.

The stats do back it up.

Salah, Mane, Thiago, Kostas all had it. Origi was rumoured to have it and was kept under wraps. Keita and Shaqiri had false postives, Alisson and Firmino up in the air.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
The stats do back it up.

Salah, Mane, Thiago, Kostas all had it. Origi was rumoured to have it and was kept under wraps. Keita and Shaqiri had false postives, Alisson and Firmino up in the air.
Whoops I accidentally hit delete on my post XD

Tis a bit strange. Must be following the Liverpool people.

Whoops I accidentally hit delete on my post XD

Tis a bit strange. Must be following the Liverpool people.

Kostas, Alisson, Firmino, Shaqiri, Keita happened during int break.

Salah got it from attending his brothers wedding.

Mane under our clubs watch.

Origi during pre-season in Austria.

Thiago I reckon got it in the airport on the way to signing for Liverpool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
The players are not exactly socially distancing when hugging each other at corners.

No they are not but virus particles disperse far more easily outdoors then indoors. Youd need to be spending 15-30 minutes of a game like that to have a good chance of catching the virus, youd be lucky to spend more than a minute like that in an entire game. The risk isnt from on the pitch, it is inside before and after the game.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
No they are not but virus particles disperse far more easily outdoors then indoors. Youd need to be spending 15-30 minutes of a game like that to have a good chance of catching the virus, youd be lucky to spend more than a minute like that in an entire game. The risk isnt from on the pitch, it is inside before and after the game.

There's an average 11 corners per game. They can take up to a minute with all the argy bargy. If you are in repeated very close proximity with someone who is breathing heavily - that is high risk, even outdoors.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There's an average 11 corners per game. They can take up to a minute with all the argy bargy. If you are in repeated very close proximity with someone who is breathing heavily - that is high risk, even outdoors.

There hasnt been a single confitmed case of transmission in the UK from either a training session or competitive match during contact sport.

Id say thats pretty conclusive considering just how much covid there is in the UK.

As for your corner scneario were talking seconds each time of close contact.

A close contact in covid terms is somrone you spend 15 minutes or more face to face with. Thats never going to happen in a football match.

The risks are indoors before and after the game.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

There hasnt been a single confitmed case of transmission in the UK from either a training session or competitive match during contact sport.

Id say thats pretty conclusive considering just how much covid there is in the UK.

As for your corner scneario were talking seconds each time of close contact.

A close contact in covid terms is somrone you spend 15 minutes or more face to face with. Thats never going to happen in a football match.

The risks are indoors before and after the game.

So you are ok with infected players continuing to train and play games if they get changed away from the other players?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
So you are ok with infected players continuing to train and play games if they get changed away from the other players?

Nope, never said that. Said that self isolation was not required after playing against a confirmed case. Which is what the current rules are anyway in regards to the matter.

The current rules seem to be that if you play football, don't worry about the rules that the rest of the country follows.

And it seems to be working, I'm still waiting for that explosion in footballing cases that you were worried was coming back in May/June..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back