Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

This is scandalous, should be reported in the dailymail. High flying bigfooty poster SNUBBED fellow bigfooty poster's invitation to share a couple of BEERS.

Saddest part is that the contents of the PM are pretty sincere and heartfelt and it didn't even warrant a like react. :(

Haven't you just spent the last few days suggesting that if I'd PMed you you would have accepted and it's my fault for not PMing you? :tearsofjoy:
No I've made two posts suggesting that I'd never received an offer. To which I've accepted was wrong.

If I'd seen the offer I wouldnt have taken you up on it, not because I'm shirking anything. Just that it doesnt appeal to me.

Sorry for not replying.

I genuinely have no recollection of ever seeing the dm.
Saddest part is that the contents of the PM are pretty sincere and heartfelt and it didn't even warrant a like react. :(

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Well no because the rest of the country isn't an elite football code with hygiene practices, restrictions, and limited physical interaction.

This sounds about right.

I'm curious about what happens when a player tests positive while on international duty. Salah tested positive while in the Egyptian squad. Was he allowed to fly back to Liverpool ot did he have to quarantine in Comoros, which is where the Egyptian game was?

This sounds about right.

I'm curious about what happens when a player tests positive while on international duty. Salah tested positive while in the Egyptian squad. Was he allowed to fly back to Liverpool ot did he have to quarantine in Comoros, which is where the Egyptian game was?

Think he's still there until he tests negative.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
This sounds about right.

They were training in Egypt when he returned a positive. He is self isolating there, due to return on Saturday if he returns a negative test. Didn't travel to Comoros after they played Togo in Cairo.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thanks.

So he has to isolate in Egypt for 7 days. Then he can travel back to the UK. But under normal UK rules he would need to isolate for 14 days because Egypt is not on the exception list.

It seems like these rules are being shortcutted.

Egyptian law says 7 days self isolation from when the test was taken then a negative test required to leave self isolation. Results for that will take 24-48 hours meaning he won't be travelling back to the UK until late Sat or Sunday at the earliest

As for the exception list you are incorrect again. Exemption list below for UK arrivals:

Elite sportspeople are not required to quarantine for 14 days under UK law. Note it isn't just elite sportspeople, it is many industries.

No rules are being "shortcutted" at all, to paint it as such is incorrect.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Heard on the radio yesterday that Telles has tested positive again but United are hopeful he'll be in the squad for the weekend.

Not sure how that works.

False positives are common in those who have recovered from the virus. Theres a protocol for false positives, I guess they hope its a false positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sure where you both live but couldn’t you get together for a drink now? For old times sake? It’ll be emotional

Nah Moomba's in England, I passed through Manchester while I was over for a few months and was happy to catch up for a drink to bury the hatchet but sounds like that's not his sort of thing.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Disappointed there was no Simpsons gif/pic with this comment

“Here you are Moomba”

T-3ZQdlEq_ix9yhaAMLUPmIfjYg=.gif

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Egyptian law says 7 days self isolation from when the test was taken then a negative test required to leave self isolation. Results for that will take 24-48 hours meaning he won't be travelling back to the UK until late Sat or Sunday at the earliest

As for the exception list you are incorrect again. Exemption list below for UK arrivals:

Elite sportspeople are not required to quarantine for 14 days under UK law. Note it isn't just elite sportspeople, it is many industries.

No rules are being "shortcutted" at all, to paint it as such is incorrect.

I never suggested it was illegal. It's an official exemption to the usual procedure. It's normally applied to essential workers who have to regularly cross international borders. Clearly, footballers are not essential, but they have been given abstention from the usual rules.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I never suggested it was illegal. It's an official exemption to the usual procedure. It's normally applied to essential workers who have to regularly cross international borders. Clearly, footballers are not essential, but they have been given abstention from the usual rules.

You're making out that it is an exception just for footballers. It isn't, high end film production, photography / art, national lottery workers, it workers and bus drivers are also exempt.

All of those are not essential workers that have received an official exemption.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back