Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
Everton Villa postponed. That's 2 make up games we have now with City. Next window for us to play a game is 13th-20th of Feb. Either game could be played in that window, maybe the City game because they've got Champions League after that, could cause issues. Players need to be smarter.

This does pose a big question now with England's quarantine laws, what happens to players who are required for international duty?

Do they get an exemption or do English based players now get left out of Internationals? Otherwise it's going to cause havoc

This does pose a big question now with England's quarantine laws, what happens to players who are required for international duty?

Do they get an exemption or do English based players now get left out of Internationals? Otherwise it's going to cause havoc
I read that there wouldnt be an exemption for footballers this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So its looking like crowds might be let in for the final game of the season. 25% of capacity up to a max of 10k.

Possible test event the week before in the FA Cup final with the intention of having full capacity for the Euros.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
So its looking like crowds might be let in for the final game of the season. 25% of capacity up to a max of 10k.

Possible test event the week before in the FA Cup final with the intention of having full capacity for the Euros.
We play away at Leicester on the final day. Spurs twitter feed seems pretty happy to not return to the stadium this season

Cynic in me notes that this is the week after the Football League season wraps up. Wonder if they're rushing back to appease the PL.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
This happened in the MLS a while back. I think FIFA said that clubs could withdraw players if there were issues like that.

If it's not allowed, I'm guessing theres going to be a lot of niggles, and minor injuries coming up.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Yes, that was ridiculous, the club had expressed concerns about going ahead with the fixture. Atletico Madrid selling tickets to their fans was also very poor form when they were told by the government that fans shouldn't be travelling at all.

Back