Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I went down to London for the cup final ten days before that game. We were aware of it, but it wasnt really something people worried too much about (we avoided seeing a newborn nephew for a couple of weeks after, just in case). A week later and I remember thinking if I knew then what I knew now I never would have gone to the game.

It's not really a case of hindsight that the champions league game shouldn't have gone ahead, people were saying it was a crazy decision before the game happened.

Last edited:
They were talking on the radio last night about the last time Arsenal played Olympiakos, seems a lifetime ago.

Their owner tested positive and everyone flipped out, then Arteta tested positive and that was the end of football for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does an outbreak like this happens if most/all of the squad are vaccinated? Shouldn't the transmission rate be significantly lower? Maybe I'm not understanding how the vaccine works.

Possible some havent had their 6 month booster. And some arent vaxxed at all. The rest are just asymptomatic cases being fully vaxxed but they still have to do 10 days iso after a positive test even when completey unaffected.

How does an outbreak like this happens if most/all of the squad are vaccinated? Shouldn't the transmission rate be significantly lower? Maybe I'm not understanding how the vaccine works.
I think omicron has a combination of both being more transmissible than delta and (actually probably thanks to) a greater ability to infect vaccinated people (but with very mild effects).

Basically more likely to get it, but not as damaging if you do compared to delta.

10 fit outfielders for the game v Rennes. Looking doubtful we play two games before Monday at this rate

it would be hard as a manager but we have to deal with the cards as they land now

get vaxxed as soon as possible and accept covid will impact people's lives

Remove this Banner Ad

Back