Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
So who’s home?

My son is schooling online, and Mrs Noodle started working from home today.

I can’t work from home, we’re not “essential” but we’re not open to the public and work is crazy busy so we can’t really afford to close down - but I’m driving to work, not catching the train (sorry General Giant).

We’re ok for supplies (raw sugar was almost impossible to find but we lucked out yesterday and managed to get some) don’t know about next week though.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
So who’s home?

My son is schooling online, and Mrs Noodle started working from home today.

I can’t work from home, we’re not “essential” but we’re not open to the public and work is crazy busy so we can’t really afford to close down - but I’m driving to work, not catching the train (sorry General Giant).

We’re ok for supplies (raw sugar was almost impossible to find but we lucked out yesterday and managed to get some) don’t know about next week though.

I don’t blame you. If I could get out of it I would to.

Myself and the better half are classed as essential workers (Transport & Health) so we are both working our usual hours.
Little one is staying home from childcare where possible.
Lots less people out and about and the stations are fairly dead after a much quieter peak hour.

Though plenty of individuals who didn’t care before and don’t now travelling about during the day coughing and doing all kinds of things on the transport system you don’t want to know about

Shopping for us has been ok, only really fresh meat, and paper products seem to be vanishing quickly of our shelves out here but I can get there early if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Isn't anyone working "essential"? I'm sure I heard that...

Wife and I are both working from home, with companies that support it. Mine has "asked" everyone to take a week's unpaid leave in each of April and May. Our eldest has been held out of school but ironically it's because she has some viral rash action going on, not anything related to home schooling. The younger one is still heading to daycare each day.

No issues shopping after that initial spike about two weeks-ish ago, though we're a bit short on plain flour - only an issue because the girls like baking.

We were already heading up to my parents at Gloucester over Easter and that's still the plan if there's a lock down. We'll keep an eye on them and they'll keep an eye on the girls.

I've been working from home the last 2 weeks. Fortunately, my work allows me to work remotely from home.

I haven't been the supermarket as often as I was before and only going on a need-to basis atm. Just getting by but am due for a grocery shop soon as suppliers are running low.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
My workplace has transitioned to completely remote delivery (of education) over the last two weeks - today was my first day at home. Much less convenient given the slow data transfer over the internet but undoubtedly much safer not encountering anyone in person. On the homefront, we were well stocked for most things and the northern suburbs of Canberra seem to have been slightly less stupid than other places, so mostly normal shopping the last few weeks to replenish normal items. Just seems to be flour, pasta, sanitiser, paper towels & toilet paper as major shortages. Not critical on any of those yet.

In transport so considered an essential service.
We have split our workforce nationally so that as of Thursday any natural doubles in critical staff are seperated with one at home and one in the office.
Thursday was my first day working from home, frustrating as hell getting the multiple required softwares to function properly remotely whilst attempting to keep a natural communication flow.
It's the last bit that's the hardest when in a changing "by the minute" work environment

Last edited:

NEW PUBLIC GATHERING RULES
All public gatherings limited to two people (or entire households can gather together)
All people aged 70 or over must stay home. They may go outdoors for exercise or fresh air but should avoid populated public areas.
Everyone must stay home except for:
  • Shopping for essential needs, which must be kept short and not too frequent
  • Work or school that cannot be done remotely
  • Seeking medical services or compassionate grounds
  • Exercising with no more than one other person
Bootcamps restricted to just two people including trainer
Weddings remain at five people and funerals at 10, states and territories reserve right to amend this for compassionate reasons
All outdoor gyms and skate parks will be closed from Monday. Public playgrounds will also be closed, but not the entire park.

Hope everybody and all their families are safe in these tough times

We are a small group in here, don't be afraid to message each other for support, advice, even too have a rant or just need a pick me up

Don't bottle things up, don't be afraid, speak up

Use the government services they are providing but if you need to message anybody on here don't be afraid

Be interesting morning when the Premier has her morning press conference if she adds anything on top of the measures from last night
Just adding penalties to measures implemented last night

13m ago
Fines for Sydneysiders who flout two-person rule
NSW residents who meet in groups of more than two will be hit with a fine or face jail time after the government announced it will be enforcing new social distancing rules.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian says NSW Police will be enforcing new laws which limit public gatherings to two people or those within households from midnight.
People who flout the rules will be slapped with an $1,000 on-the-spot fine and even six months jail.
"NSW will be acting quickly to enforce those provisions discussed last night," she said.
The Premier has also urged people in their 70s and vulnerable groups to stay home and to not come into contact with anyone if they go outside to exercise.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
I personally think that out of this crisis we will ultimately end up playing more games in a season. I think a 34 game season would be the ultimate.
Games were too long. I liked the shorter games.
34 games means more money for everyone.
It doesn’t have to mean 34 weeks. Play more midweek games.
It’s a much fairer season.
They own Marvel stadium which helps in this regard. I’m sure they could figure out the other grounds availability.
They are going to be looking for ways to increase their revenue. In my opinion it will come about.

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
What if we mimicked the AFLW season.
That's saying this sh..t drags on and it's too hot for footy.
2 Conferences.
Knock out final series.
It's compact.

BringBackTorps

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
This post relates to the prospects of adding a Tasmanian 19th team increases greatly, as it now costs much less to operate a competitive club- because of permanent cuts to Football Department spending (not including player wages), & cuts in other areas of clubs & the AFL.

These major cuts in expenditure will also assist the long term prospects of other small clubs' financial viability, & survival eg GWS & GC.

I learn't a few days ago that GC President T. Cochrane advised, in Nov.2 in the GC Bulletin, that the 9th game is worth c. $50m to the AFL- so GC & GWS are making important financial contributions to the AFL.

See post #2354

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
I think Taranto will be at about 8-10 weeks, i think he was looking at playing in July
Yep Leon on the TV tonight said TT tracking towards early August.

Said Ward 100% good to go now. Think he said about 42 of 45 ready to resume full tilt training.

Last edited:
Back