News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In NZ we had 2 sisters given compassionate leave to leave quarantine early, but weren't tested at all. They both traveled the length of the North Island (Auckland to Wellington) and then both tested positive in Wellington. This was after we'd had no cases for 28 days, so NZ is very pissed off with the authorities

ps The sisters were labelled Thelma and Disease which was a bit tough !

Thelma is such an old fashioned name

I went to have a precautionary test last night at RMH. I'm not sick but I've been having some asthma (and maybe, just maybe, I *might* be getting a sore throat) and I live in the inner north-west near the lockdown areas. The process only took about 50 minutes, but they've told me that the results can take up to 5 days.

I don't think I have it (statistically, it's very unlikely) but I have anxiety and I'm terrified that I could have somehow contracted this thing and spread it to others. And 5 days of waiting to find this out will just be horrible.

I went to have a precautionary test last night at RMH. I'm not sick but I've been having some asthma (and maybe, just maybe, I *might* be getting a sore throat) and I live in the inner north-west near the lockdown areas. The process only took about 50 minutes, but they've told me that the results can take up to 5 days.

I don't think I have it (statistically, it's very unlikely) but I have anxiety and I'm terrified that I could have somehow contracted this thing and spread it to others. And 5 days of waiting to find this out will just be horrible.
Hang in there. You'll get thru it.

Tough but have to pay that.

yep
Health Minister resigned yesterday. Been a dead man walking for a while after been caught going to the beach & a Mountain bike trail during lockdown. Then accepted no responsibility for the quarantine failures and threw the director of health under the bus saying it was his job...
well when you're in charge of the whole health system..its kinda your responsibility and the NZ public don't normally miss when you have a do as i say not as i do attitude

muppet

Of the 4 postcodes listed as having the most cases over the past week, one of them (3031 - around Flemingtom/Kensington area) is NOT one of the 10 postcodes locked down. Hmmm.

EDIT: A journo just asked my question re: above. VanDiemen couldn't/wouldnt answer it. Double hmmm.

Last edited:
Of the 4 postcodes listed as having the most cases over the past week, one of them (3031 - around Flemingtom area) is NOT one of the 10 postcodes locked down. Hmmm.

EDIT: A journo just asked my question re: above. VanDiemen couldn't/wouldnt answer it. Double hmmm.

My bet is on couldn't.

My bet is on couldn't.

She doesn't exactly fill me with confidence like most of the other speakers.

I wonder where the horse races are tomorrow!?

Last edited:
I thought the exact same thing, why would we hub in Sydney, when we have played both Sydney clubs?

Surely a hub in QLD, SA or WA would make more sense?

HS reporting that we're going to NSW with the Saints, Lions, Suns, Carlton, Hawks and, of course Sydney and GWS. Given that we've already played 4 of those, and the Qld teams haven't played any - it looks like we'll be twindling our thumbs a bit whilst everyone else is playing. Hope they have a good stock in the mini-bar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10,000 Victorians have declined COVID-19 tests says minister

More than 164,000 people have been tested across Victoria in the last week, but many residents are still refusing tests Health Minister Jenny Mikakos has revealed.

"We have had more than 10,000 people who have refused to be tested," she said.

"That might be for a range of reasons, including that they may have already been tested in a different location, we are analysing that data to see exactly why people are refusing, but it is concerning that some people believe that coronavirus is a conspiracy or that it won't impact on them."

As part of the testing blitz of the past week, Ms Mikakos said authorities have found 449 confirmed cases.

Just got the knock on our door with testing kits handed over. Didn't realise we have to self-administer! This is gonna be fun, especially with a primary school aged child.

i did my test on wednesday morning at 11am and a txt came through from the Alfred at 10.30pm thursday night saying Negative to Covid. So it was only a 36 hour turn around for me.

Of the 4 postcodes listed as having the most cases over the past week, one of them (3031 - around Flemingtom/Kensington area) is NOT one of the 10 postcodes locked down. Hmmm.

This is my area. We have quite a small population so it wouldn't take many cases for us to meet the lockdown criteria. We're next door to (and very closely connected with) Ascot Vale and Travancore that are locked down.

Annaliese van Diemen = The Land :stern look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back