News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dickhead ratio in supermarkets is very high. Have lost count of the people in my vicinity I've wanted to give a sharp uppercut to.

Very tough to resist the urge to call these campaigners out as you undoubtedly put yourself at potential risk.

Getting groceries shouldn't be a clandestine operation.

Amazed we haven't heard of outbreaks linked to supermarkets, although I doubt we ever would.

It is pretty sad how in the face of hardship some people choose to show the worst part of their character.

When i went to the supermarket the other day there was a homeless guy out in front, was talking to the lady from the supermarket saying how tough it was during the last lockdown and people were just looking down at him, trying to avoid him, as if this human being didn't exist and it was an inconvenience for their lives to have to go around him. He apologised to me for being in the way and I said to him you are not in the way and you have nothing to apologise for, took out my wallet and gave him whatever notes I had (I don't usually carry a lot, always use the card nowadays).

Go inside the supermarket and want to start laying out people for being morons, one lady coughing without covering her mouth, others just handling all the stuff on the shelves, for * sake just take what you need and don't touch s**t you do not need to touch. I am at the checkout and another lady comes up almost point blank to me as i am unloading groceries, see the ******* dots on the ground you hag!

It seems the more entitled and spoilt people are, the bigger the morons they are. Give me the poor, the weak and the destitute over these middle class w***ers any day.

It seems the more entitled and spoilt people are, the bigger the morons they are.
Exhibit A: The Karen who stands right in the middle of the aisle so she can survey which brand of coffee beans she's going to buy and takes a good five minutes doing so. God help anyone who has the temerity to ask her to move. That's usually met with eye rolling and louder than necessary passive-aggressive sighing.

If/when we are told that they’ve developed a vaccine, how inclined are people to go and get the jab ?

I’d reckon it will be a little more than the usual flu vaccine uptake. I think there were 12.5 million (& counting) taken up this year in Australia. Given the general extra fear around Covid-19, you’d have to reckon, at least, 15 million people would avail of it. Would that be good enough?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There was a story on the news this morning about the Facestalk page which has people reporting the sites of the current road blocks and ID checks around the outskirts of Melbourne.

In said story they showed a thread dedicated to people’s conspiracy theories with the OP stating “Do not allow the door knockers to test you for Covid-19. They are using this as a coverup to collect the entire population’s DNA!”

There was a story on the news this morning about the Facestalk page which has people reporting the sites of the current road blocks and ID checks around the outskirts of Melbourne.

In said story they showed a thread dedicated to people’s conspiracy theories with the OP stating “Do not allow the door knockers to test you for Covid-19. They are using this as a coverup to collect the entire population’s DNA!”
emoji848.png

Who are we going to believe

Credentialed, University educated medical experts with significant experience in their fields or your mates Davo and Chuckle* on Facebook who didn't finish year 11 because they dropped out to smoke bongs and finger chicks at Lilydale Station? And who genuinely believe the gubberment is trying to covertly collect the populations DNA under the auspices of a "fake virus" which has infected over 13m people worldwide?

Who are we going to believe

Credentialed, University educated medical experts with significant experience in their fields or your mates Davo and Chucklefu** on Facebook who didn't finish year 11 because they dropped out to smoke bongs and finger chicks at Lilydale Station? And who genuinely believe the gubberment is trying to covertly collect the populations DNA under the auspices of a "fake virus" which has infected over 13m people worldwide?

Always with the thorny questions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Covert-convid update....

1594343440258.png

So my concern is if the Lord of War gets her a hold of her phone- Oh my !! They are separated. He just wants her back.

Oh also thinking of running some online courses for single guys?

9:00am- Introduction

9:15am- What is an appropriate time to send an inappropriate text msg? ( I haven't as yet mastered that)

9:45am- Throwing caution to the wind

10:30am-maintaining your gentlemanly status while being completely debauched.

11:30am: Late morning tea - homemade cookies

After the cookies the wheels will no doubt fall off real quick- oh well

Covert-convid update....

View attachment 909446

So my concern is if the Lord of War gets her a hold of her phone- Oh my !! They are separated. He just wants her back.

Oh also thinking of running some online courses for single guys?

9:00am- Introduction

9:15am- What is an appropriate time to send an inappropriate text msg? ( I haven't as yet mastered that)

9:45am- Throwing caution to the wind

10:30am-maintaining your gentlemanly status while being completely debauched.

11:30am: Late morning tea - homemade cookies

After the cookies the wheels will no doubt fall off real quick- oh well

Feel like spending 45 min teaching blokes how to throw caution to the wind is a contradiction

Ill start with a disclaimer : Im well aware that a lot of people are in significantly worse positions than myself given the current circumstances and for that I am well aware.

In saying that, I've just received a phone call from the DHHS informing me that I am not entitled to the government assistance package for (forced isolation based on what they deemed to be close contact with a confirmed covid case). As I have 4 days sick leave accrued that will be required to be taken. I advised them that I wasn't sick , had no symptoms and tested negative twice and was still not allowed to leave my home.
I then asked them what am I supposed to do when I actually do get sick and have no allowance for sick leave remaining?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill start with a disclaimer : Im well aware that a lot of people are in significantly worse positions than myself given the current circumstances and for that I am well aware.

In saying that, I've just received a phone call from the DHHS informing me that I am not entitled to the government assistance package for (forced isolation based on what they deemed to be close contact with a confirmed covid case). As I have 4 days sick leave accrued that will be required to be taken. I advised them that I wasn't sick , had no symptoms and tested negative twice and was still not allowed to leave my home.
I then asked them what am I supposed to do when I actually do get sick and have no allowance for sick leave remaining?

Nah mate tough luck, scotty from marketing needs a few more hundred million dollar drones.

iRZgQjVjjXa0v1SobALoBOkp9cU=.gif

Prime Minister @ScottMorrisonMP says there will be a reduction in the number of Australians returning to the country from overseas.

National cabinet has agreed to:
- a reduction in the number of inbound international flights
- a nationwide review of hotel quarantine

Just heard of a friend in the States. Went to the hospital as she couldn't breathe showing COVID like symptoms. Assessed, wasn't tested, and told to go home and self isolate for 14 days. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Victorians advised, but not required, to wear masks

Premier Daniel Andrews said he is advising Victorians to wear masks if they are in public and believe they cannot socially distance in locations such as taxis, public transport and shopping centres. But this will be not be mandatory.

“It’s a small thing but our request, not an obligation our request is if you’re out in metropolitan Melbourne or the Mitchell Shire for a lawful purpose and can’t maintain the 1.5 metre … then we would ask that you wear a mask and it can be a home-made mask.”

Victoria's chief health officer Brett Sutton said the number of coronavirus cases was an “ugly” and they were expected to worsen. The impact of the lockdown would only be seen within one to two weeks time, he said.

Its a sad situation but the lack of social distancing in shopping centres has existed since the start of the pandemic. Many appear to have the "it won't happen to me" thinking.
I manage one of these retail shops and we have every single protocol in place. There was a high police presence initially ( 4 weeks ago) but it’s non-existent now. 2nd time around the punishments for not social distancing should be harsh. I feel uncomfortable still working in what is really a ‘non-essential’ business but there is plenty of people out here doing ‘non-essential’ shopping too. We’ll probably get shut down again anyway. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt from this Nth Board It’s that 6 weeks is much better than 2 weeks.

Victoria Police increase enforcement after lockdown breaches

Chief Commissioner of Victoria Police Shane Pattern said Victoria Police was cracking down on “blatant, obvious and deliberate disregard” of the coronavirus restrictions and was increasing enforcement.

Sixteen people were fined in the early hours of Friday morning after police were called to a Dandenong residence where the group of 16 people were gathered.
Victoria Police was tipped off about the gathering by a paramedic, who spotted two people ordering 20 meals at KFC.

Four sex workers were fined for breaching coronavirus restrictions in Glen Waverley after complaints were made to Crime Stoppers about a large number of men going in and out of property.

A couple was also fined in the Docklands for trying to leave the city to go to a holiday house in Phillip Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back