News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hun reports the following stat.

Currently, 994 Victorians are in hospital, with eight in intensive and five on a ventilator.

994 in hospital?

That might be the cumulative total - roughly 5% of all infections - or it could just be wrong.

Covidlive.com.au is showing that currently 89 Victorians are hospitalised out of 834 active cases with 8 in the ICU and 5 of those on ventilators.

Sub-editing resources have been slashed at the "newspaper" companies. Lot's of these errors creep through, especially online.

Ben Cunningham likes this. :sternlook

The U.K back on the upswing:

Official figures show 4,422 people tested positive in past 24 hours, the highest daily total since 8 May.

The U.K's death toll currently stands at 41,759.

Won’t be traveling there for quite some time.

Yep, and remember that they're just coming out of summer over there... So the cold weather probably isn't all that far away!

Yep, and remember that they're just coming out of summer over there... So the cold weather probably isn't all that far away!

Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but as the weather has started to turn cold, case numbers in Europe are increasing significantly. One encouraging sign is that the death numbers are not increasing at anywhere near the same rate.

He's almost up to Sam Gibson's Consecutive Games record!

Marathon Dan: Victorian premier Daniel Andrews briefs media on coronavirus 77 days in a row

He's almost up to Sam Gibson's Consecutive Games record!

Marathon Dan: Victorian premier Daniel Andrews briefs media on coronavirus 77 days in a row
So yah telling me when he gets to 130 Covid Media Conferences in a row he’ll be delisted? :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So yah telling me when he gets to 130 Covid Media Conferences in a row he’ll be delisted? :stern look

Yep... & then Adelaide will pick him up, but he'll disappoint them.

In NSW we have had 12 cases in the last week, all from known sauces. (Mostly chipotle).

It wasn't that long ago, the last month or two, when ten to twenty cases a day were regular results. Hang in there peeps and things might be better quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back