News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow wee boy o boy 3500 Victorian health workers caught Covid and not one has died from this HIGHLY DEADLY VIRUS.

Keep watching MSM sheep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL- man I think some folk believe peeps go to aged care and play tennis, a bit of rootin' , maybe even strip poker . Then after six or so months of said activities more back to their homes.

No it's the second last stop on the train of life, next is Deathville.

Wow wee boy o boy 3500 Victorian health workers caught Covid and not one has died from this HIGHLY DEADLY VIRUS.

Keep watching MSM sheep.

That may be the case but are they suffering from any long lasting ailments lived Covid Brain Fog? :stern look.

That may be the case but are they suffering from any long lasting ailments lived Covid Brain Fog? :stern look.

What are the symptoms of " covid brain fog" they sound similar to a stroke? And how lasting are they? When one considers Covid has been around for two minutes on the apocalypse premiership clock.

The Black Death of course during the halcyon days of plagues won flags from 1346–1353.

Keep watching MSM sheep.

I know of one of the health workers husband dying though after contracting it from her though.

May as well do away with masks IMO. The interpretation of 'exercise' is so broad, any selfish campaigner is using it as 'physically moving'.

Amount of campaigners waking out of a supermarket or maccas, walking down the street with a coffee or energy drink with their mask under their chin is amazing.

Bet if any of these campaigners were susceptible to COVID, they'd be the first to the hospital though.

So frustrating to see.
Masks are a crock. The number of people wearing a mask where I live is slowly declining. Everyone still wears them at the shops but in the parks and residential streets less and less people are wearing them and I reckon its great. Hopefully soon no one is wearing them.

it is pretty hard to drink with a face mask on, just saying.

If there is no one within 10m of you, what’s the difference? I have been abused twice for this very thing. I get the face mask around others but walking in the street alone, shuffling to the curb adjacent to the road if there is oncoming traffic seems perfectly acceptable to me.

More of a case of 'why bother' than 'everyone use face masks'. I don't get the point when you can have people legally sans mask on running on a local running track with no issue.

I think it's why the current restrictions are so draconian is that a fair chunk of people aren't going to follow the rules 24/7.

Masks are a crock. The number of people wearing a mask where I live is slowly declining. Everyone still wears them at the shops but in the parks and residential streets less and less people are wearing them and I reckon its great. Hopefully soon no one is wearing them.

Cool story mate.

Last edited:
  • Top government scientists say the UK could be recording 49,000 cases per day by October 13 if the current spread is not slowed
  • On Sunday the UK registered 3,899 new COVID cases and another 18 deaths
  • Prime Minster Boris Johnson is expected to announce new restrictions soon

😟

Think about what we could achieve if the government devoted the same amount of attention as it has to covid 19 to the likes of homelessness, climate change, healthy eating and exercise. Perfect example was this morning at the servo watching a bloke required to wear a mask buying a packet of cigarettes

Same could be said of big business.Good times make Fat.

Good numbers fom testing, and from newspoll. Makes me proud to be a Victorian, that a dominant majority see through the stupidity and the bot attacks and the blame game and just keep getting on with getting on top of this disease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good numbers fom testing, and from newspoll. Makes me proud to be a Victorian, that a dominant majority see through the stupidity and the bot attacks and the blame game and just keep getting on with getting on top of this disease.

Yep, still a lot of nuffies, but a majority accepting the circumstances and getting on with it.

EDFL = northern suburbs = hotbed of cases.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Belgian doctors come out in condemnation of lockdown.....

The pandemic itself seems to be driving a consumer demand collapse in NSW:

It's not so much the pandemic as the change in work circumstances. Parramatta has a huge population of office workers that are currently working from home. Changes may be permanent but nowhere near as extreme as the current situation.

Why did those work circumstances change?

No denying that but the article you posted was about a collapse in demand in one specific area which is Sydney's alternate CBD. That doesn't necessarily translate to a collapse in demand across NSW. Of course, the pandemic and the lockdowns and restrictions imposed are going to have some impact on aggregate demand. Parramatta is a highly exaggerated example of that effect though.

No denying that but the article you posted was about a collapse in demand in one specific area which is Sydney's alternate CBD. That doesn't necessarily translate to a collapse in demand across NSW. Of course, the pandemic and the lockdowns and restrictions imposed are going to have some impact on aggregate demand. Parramatta is a highly exaggerated example of that effect though.

I should have been more specific in my original post.

Do you honestly think that there is a correlation between people not wearing masks and hotspots?
The whole evidence behind healthy people wearing masks is incredibly weak. WHO in 2019 in their official pandemic guidelines recommended against lockdown, border closures and the wearing of masks by the general public. Even their backflip document in June 2020 that all the governments used to mandate mask wearing was a million miles away from a ringing endorsement. See excerpts here.

Masks are purely theatre, they won't make any difference to Covid transmission IMO. Governments love them because it costs goverment nothing and they can be 'seen to be doing something'. In Victoria's case they can actually make significant revenue from fines.

The whole evidence behind healthy people wearing masks is incredibly weak. WHO in 2019 in their official pandemic guidelines recommended against lockdown, border closures and the wearing of masks by the general public. Even their backflip document in June 2020 that all the governments used to mandate mask wearing was a million miles away from a ringing endorsement. See excerpts here.

Masks are purely theatre, they won't make any difference to Covid transmission IMO.

I'm interested in this "IMO" bit. In making this statement, are you confirming that you have formal tertiary training in the area? I mean, otherwise an opinion on the medical implications of a preventative technique would be worthless, surely?

I'm interested in this "IMO" bit. In making this statement, are you confirming that you have formal tertiary training in the area? I mean, otherwise an opinion on the medical implications of a preventative technique would be worthless, surely?
I do have tertiary training in that area but I don't believe that you would necessarily need that to assess the relevant scientific literature. I don't agree that an opinion is worthless just because a person doesn't have specific training in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back