News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAO was definitely peacocking and bringing to our attention the compliments he had received for his longer-haired look. RZ could well have been as well.

Correct i was and the new haircut has been well received fyi. lol

So I've skimmed over the thread as I've kind of lost interest, my views are mine and each to their own. I now hope we use a common sense approach to managing these little "cluster *s".

Which is how it should have always been managed. You don't shoot your dog because your cat scratched you. I did notice that the traffic was nearly back to its old self on Thursday which is interesting.

Now this is only written word, so it's very difficult to understand the emotions behind someone's thoughts. It seems here that a fair few think this is going away. That there will be a magic bullet and that it will just disappear in the very near future.

They haven't be able to cure STD's which apparently infects two thirds of the worlds population of people under 50!! FYI I'm 52 👌.
Have an interest in that as a life long HSV-1( cold sores 🙄) sufferer. Of course I did some research and apparently babies in Orphanages were subject to 'trials'. Wouldn't put it past them.

and back on subject, the issue is the good folk who are asymptomatic/ pre-symptomatic the latter can be between 5 days - two weeks.

Unfortunately not everyone with the virus looks like this.....

( although I am not against making the carriers dress like that)

1603502588471.png

Just as not everyone can of course pull this off...…

1603502763329.png
Oh put I did manage to find an awesome 70's pair of sunglasses silver of course as gold sunglasses aint for men 👍

So, "
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When it comes for you'?

Correct i was and the new haircut has been well received fyi. lol

So I've skimmed over the thread as I've kind of lost interest, my views are mine and each to their own. I now hope we use a common sense approach to managing these little "cluster fu**s".

Which is how it should have always been managed. You don't shoot your dog because your cat scratched you. I did notice that the traffic was nearly back to its old self on Thursday which is interesting.

Now this is only written word, so it's very difficult to understand the emotions behind someone's thoughts. It seems here that a fair few think this is going away. That there will be a magic bullet and that it will just disappear in the very near future.

They haven't be able to cure STD's which apparently infects two thirds of the worlds population of people under 50!! FYI I'm 52 👌.
Have an interest in that as a life long HSV-1( cold sores 🙄) sufferer. Of course I did some research and apparently babies in Orphanages were subject to 'trials'. Wouldn't put it past them.

and back on subject, the issue is the good folk who are asymptomatic/ pre-symptomatic the latter can be between 5 days - two weeks.

Unfortunately not everyone with the virus looks like this.....

( although I am not against making the carriers dress like that)

View attachment 993459

Just as not everyone can of course pull this off...…

View attachment 993464
Oh put I did manage to find an awesome 70's pair of sunglasses silver of course as gold sunglasses aint for men 👍

So, "
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When it comes for you'?

I dithered for a few hours when booking my haircut and the lead time blew out by a week and a half. Gives me ten more days of kidding myself I am pulling off a Robert Redford circa All the President's Men look. The silver sunnies would complete the look.

I think we are all hoping for a balance of common sense and capability. Small localised clusters should be able to be managed with localised responses. We shall know more tomorrow I guess as it seems Covid policy announcements can only be made on Sundays. Is that a religious thing?

I dithered for a few hours when booking my haircut and the lead time blew out by a week and a half. Gives me ten more days of kidding myself I am pulling off a Robert Redford circa All the President's Men look. The silver sunnies would complete the look.

I think we are all hoping for a balance of common sense and capability. Small localised clusters should be able to be managed with localised responses. We shall know more tomorrow I guess as it seems Covid policy announcements can only be made on Sundays. Is that a religious thing?

Nope get the glasses and roll out the new look 👍. Good point and yes I think Sunday is the official day of the sermon. Minister Dan does love a captive audience 🙄.

I've no idea why he waits for Sunday.

Sounds like a brand for BMX accessories or fishing gear. I would be expecting a very high tech runner with a brand name like that.
They have been around forever. When I was a kid and did alot of training I always wanted a pair but they never had them in Sims. (For those of you that don't know Sims in Puckle St was once the best sporting store in Melb. Especially for cheap shoes. Must have had some good contacts on the docks.)

They are a Japanese sporting goods company.

I just looked them up and they were formed in 1906!

They make all sorts of sporting good and have sponsored athletes from a variety of sports - Carl Lewis to Tiger Woods to the All Blacks.

They even make gliders according to Wikipedia.

Nope get the glasses and roll out the new look 👍. Good point and yes I think Sunday is the official day of the sermon. Minister Dan does love a captive audience 🙄.

I've no idea why he waits for Sunday.

Maybe he waits for Sunday because everyone's at work during the week?

Yeah, probably not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are a Japanese sporting goods company.

I just looked them up and they were formed in 1906!

They make all sorts of sporting good and have sponsored athletes from a variety of sports - Carl Lewis to Tiger Woods to the All Blacks.

They even make gliders according to Wikipedia.

Very cool. I always wanted a pair of Adidas Romes when I was a kid but my Mum was never one to get you the brand you wanted if a cheap knock off could be found. I ended up with some faux leather runners with two stripes.

Very cool. I always wanted a pair of Adidas Romes when I was a kid but my Mum was never one to get you the brand you wanted if a cheap knock off could be found. I ended up with some faux leather runners with two stripes.

My mother had a similar attitude to equipment expenditure. It was the height of embarrassment rocking up to a football carnival with the plastic footy boots (ironically named Ron Barassi's).

I think it only applied to me as the oldest child. I seem to recall that my youngest sibling got a charmed run in this area.

Here we go. Not sure why a localised lockdown would not be appropriate. Put a ring around it and no one comes out.

"Daniel Andrews has tempered the expectations of Victorians — namely hospitality and retail businesses — about the extent to which he will ease coronavirus restrictions this weekend, saying his highly-anticipated Sunday announcement would hinge on the management of new outbreaks.

The Premier said the state government was closely monitoring a northern suburbs cluster, which grew by four cases on Saturday.

“I just want to caution people from, if you like, banking that tomorrow I’m making a whole series of detailed announcements about opening up,” Mr Andrews said.

“We do hope to get to that point, but with so many thousands of tests that are still being processed, we need to see the results of those tests.”

He said a localised lockdown of hotspot suburbs, an approach adopted by his government in the past, would “not be the appropriate response”.

“Ultimately, unless you have no movement out of a dedicated or specified geographic area, then that does not work,” Mr Andrews said.

More than 17,000 people were tested on Friday, and thousands more will be tested on Saturday."

My mother had a similar attitude to equipment expenditure. It was the height of embarrassment rocking up to a football carnival with the plastic footy boots (ironically named Ron Barassi's).

I think it only applied to me as the oldest child. I seem to recall that my youngest sibling got a charmed run in this area.
Probably because your mother was of the view that you don't put expensive wheels on a tractor, you save them for the Ferrari.

Probably because your mother was of the view that you don't put expensive wheels on a tractor, you save them for the Ferrari.
Do you know how much more expensive tractor tyres are than Ferrari tyres?

They can be 10x more expensive depending on the size and brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back