Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I am not sure if Snake_Baker has seen the video linked below, I am interested to get his take on it.

Some interesting things in that video, I am not into conspiracy theories in general, but you have to wonder why there hasn't been a bigger push by the health organisation to boost immune systems with vitamin D, C and Zinc. I also find our government's annoying stance on masks despite what is now pretty much worldwide acknowledgment that they are beneficial.

65 minutes?

You're pushing it mate.

I listened to the first 5 minutes and she presents as a complete know all, which is always a danger sign.

She also runs with the space cadet element.

Why are we wondering about the health organisations? Are we questioning whether they do improve immune systems or that somehow the health organisations dont want our immune systems do be boosted? I dont mean to just go straight to questions but that is an hour long.

Has the WHO or our government pushed people to take immune system boosting supplements, or even suggest go to your doctor and check to make sure you are not deficient? How we approached this pandemic was very different to how the world handled previous pandemics. I mean, what has our stockpile of medication for pandemics actually stockpiled, what has it deployed? We know from the face mask bullshit that the government is either clueless or they are all collectively prepared to flat out lie to us if they think it is in their best interest to.

If you like at governor cuomo's press conference the other day, they are saying front line workers are less than 50% likely to get the virus than the general public because they wear masks and they now want everyone to wear a mask going outside. Prevention is the front line, mitigation is the fall back defence. Are medical staff instructed to ensure the elder or vulnerable have their immune system boosted? My parents haven't, they are both old and have a compromised health system.

Given how we run out of everything two seconds after there is a rush on anything, it is probably because we are unable to provide the medical care, as a consequence we allow people to die and that doesn't sit well with me.

I think the government and people in power are more afraid of people than they are of what any virus will do.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Has the WHO or our government pushed people to take immune system boosting supplements, or even suggest go to your doctor and check to make sure you are not deficient?

First you would need to provide significant data supporting this premise.

Is it a coincidence that Australia has fared well because we have a good nutrient rich diet?

Claims that vitamins can "boost" immunity should be viewed cautiously.

65 minutes?

You're pushing it mate.

I listened to the first 5 minutes and she presents as a complete know all, which is always a danger sign.

She also runs with the space cadet element.

lol I haven't watched all of it, about half an hour, there is too much going on for me to make any sense of it.

Has the WHO or our government pushed people to take immune system boosting supplements, or even suggest go to your doctor and check to make sure you are not deficient? How we approached this pandemic was very different to how the world handled previous pandemics. I mean, what has our stockpile of medication for pandemics actually stockpiled, what has it deployed? We know from the face mask bullshit that the government is either clueless or they are all collectively prepared to flat out lie to us if they think it is in their best interest to.

If you like at governor cuomo's press conference the other day, they are saying front line workers are less than 50% likely to get the virus than the general public because they wear masks and they now want everyone to wear a mask going outside. Prevention is the front line, mitigation is the fall back defence. Are medical staff instructed to ensure the elder or vulnerable have their immune system boosted? My parents haven't, they are both old and have a compromised health system.

Given how we run out of everything two seconds after there is a rush on anything, it is probably because we are unable to provide the medical care, as a consequence we allow people to die and that doesn't sit well with me.

I think the government and people in power are more afraid of people than they are of what any virus will do.
ah ok, that percentage specifically coming from the more advanced type of masks with ventilators in them? because my understanding of it was that anything below that type of mask is only really useful for people who are already sick not spreading their sickness to others, and even that not being a sure thing, rather than it being useful for prevention of healthy people becoming sick. I think snake mentioned the aerosol nature of the spread not being as severe as previously thought, more likely touching infected substances being the greater cause of spread.

what exactly would we be giving people to boost their immune system? This isn't my area of expertise by a long shot, but something that says it will help and then lists itself as 10,000% recomended daily intake sounds more wildly innefective than they want you to know.

Is it a coincidence that Australia has fared well because we have a good nutrient rich diet?

Stuff like this https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32252338/

Even at a cursory glance, there are a lot of journals on vitamin D. Outside of headlines, i am not sure about medical information.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Stuff like this https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32252338/

Even at a cursory glance, there are a lot of journals on vitamin D. Outside of headlines, i am not sure about medical information.

This is all good & well, but where is the metabolic mechanism?

Also, take note of the last sentence in your abstract:

1590063987824.png

Vitamin D is great, I take it daily, but to claim you should wash it down with some vitamin C & Zinc and don't bother about Sars-CoV-2, is another thing altogether.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
lol I haven't watched all of it, about half an hour, there is too much going on for me to make any sense of it.

In the first 5 minutes she makes some very large claims that cannot be taken seriously in the absence of supporting data.

ah ok, that percentage specifically coming from the more advanced type of masks with ventilators in them? because my understanding of it was that anything below that type of mask is only really useful for people who are already sick not spreading their sickness to others, and even that not being a sure thing, rather than it being useful for prevention of healthy people becoming sick. I think snake mentioned the aerosol nature of the spread not being as severe as previously thought, more likely touching infected substances being the greater cause of spread.

what exactly would we be giving people to boost their immune system? This isn't my area of expertise by a long shot, but something that says it will help and then lists itself as 10,000% recomended daily intake sounds more wildly innefective than they want you to know.

Yeah, the N95 masks offer the greatest protection, having an eye cover or glasses also helps. From what i recall it was like home made mask was about 33% effective and N95 mask was 90% or something like that.

This is all good & well, but where is the metabolic mechanism?

Also, take note of the last sentence in your abstract:

View attachment 879211

Vitamin D is great, I take it daily, but to claim you should wash it down with some vitamin C & Zinc and don't bother about Sars-CoV-2, is another thing altogether.

I wasn't implying that. If you want to save lives then people having a strong immune system will be better than having a weak one if and when you get it.

I am not sure why they wouldn't, at least, ensure the most vulnerable are protected given most of our deaths are old people with health issues. Avoiding contact is well and good, but doesn't give you any protection if someone infects you. We don't have the option of avoiding everyone for 12 months.

glenn2479

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Are you suggesting the 20 aisles of pills at chemist warehouse are merely placebos with no demonstrable benefit to humans and that Horny Goat Weed won’t make me the greatest lover in the Eastern suburbs?? I’ll be damned.

Unfortunately, NSW raises the bat:

NSW records 50th coronavirus death
Health authorities in NSW have confirmed one new coronavirus death, bringing the national total to 101.

NSW chief health officer Kerry Chant said an 80-year-old woman died from the virus last night in Sydney’s Concord Hospital.

There were three new coronavirus infections in NSW yesterday, bringing the state’s total to 3,084.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I literally haven’t read a sentence of this 5G stuff. I have no idea how they could manage to connect the 2.

It’s as if they were set a challenge to connect Covid to something for shits and gigs.

I listened to a conversation between Louise Theroux and Jon Robson recently and Ronson (who has covered Alex Jones extensively) explained the mindset perfectly. Basically conspiracy theorists like Jones always have the same theory, they just change what’s causing it. The people who really control the world are using Fluoride/chemtrails/5G etc to control people and make people sick.

The vitamin D thing is definitely worth pursuing. It’s only a hypothesis at the moment but the numbers show a strong correlation between people badly effected by Coronavirus and vitamin D deficiency.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is what’s cooking people’s brains, they’re communicating with computers, although the researchers should probably be looking closer at home..

Nearly half of the Twitter accounts spreading messages on the social media platform about the coronavirus pandemic are likely bots, researchers at Carnegie Mellon University said Wednesday.

Researchers culled through more than 200 million tweets discussing the virus since January and found that about 45% were sent by accounts that behave more like computerized robots than humans.

It is too early to say conclusively which individuals or groups are behind the bot accounts, but researchers said the tweets appeared aimed at sowing division in America.

"We do know that it looks like it's a propaganda machine, and it definitely matches the Russian and Chinese playbooks, but it would take a tremendous amount of resources to substantiate that," said Kathleen Carley, a professor of computer science at Carnegie Mellon University who is conducting a study into bot-generated coronavirus activity on Twitter that has yet to be published.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
So story goes a bat was nesting upside down on 5G Huawei tower it contracted Covid-19. Chinaman eats said bat and now the world is infected.

Pls note: I just made that up

Well your theory has just gone viral. Paul Joseph Watson has already made a whiny video about beta males not wanting the truth about bats and towers.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well your theory has just gone viral. Paul Joseph Watson has already made a whiny video about beta males not wanting the truth about bats and towers.
COVID-19 is a sonar virus and 5G obviously using higher frequency waves, spreads it far and wide.
And if you play Post Malone’s vinyl beer bongs and Bentleys backwards is the cure.

sure, any narrative that makes them feel better, i'm just saying you'd be surprised how many of those people never touched any mind bending drugs in their entire lives.
Does religion count?

I am not sure if Snake_Baker has seen the video linked below, I am interested to get his take on it.

Some interesting things in that video, I am not into conspiracy theories in general, but you have to wonder why there hasn't been a bigger push by the health organisation to boost immune systems with vitamin D, C and Zinc. I also find our government's annoying stance on masks despite what is now pretty much worldwide acknowledgment that they are beneficial.

Haven't watched the vid but here's a simple question.

Do big Pharmaceutical companies make money off those three things?

Just cos it's anti vaxxer idiots banging on about big Pharma being evil doesn't mean they are wrong about it. Broken clocks and all that.

Not even evil, just powerful capitalist organisations.

They are obligated to make money for shareholders not to make the world a better place. It's not in their interests to have a healthy population.

What's better for a person? Cognitive therapy and ongoing benefits from life changes or Zoloft?

Active Cases should be down to under 500 by the end of reporting today (insert cheer here).

If anyone is wondering, the breakup of Active cases Per State is:
  • New South Wales: 386
  • Victoria: 93
  • Queensland: 12
  • Western Australia: 3
  • South Australia: 0
  • Tasmania: 12
  • ACT: 0
  • Northern Territory: 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back