sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
75 and only one is returning from overseas. That's out of control in the community now. Be interesting to see where its at this weekend.

I'm afraid that time has come and gone, IMO.
I dunno, Ballarat for instance currently is and has been free of the virus for weeks like many other LGA's, would be a bit of a s**t deal to treat them the same as Hume. But surem, most LGA's in Melbourne should get the full treatment.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
nytimes.com
Kim Victory was paralyzed on a bed and being burned alive.

Just in time, someone rescued her, but suddenly, she was turned into an ice sculpture on a fancy cruise ship buffet. Next, she was a subject of an experiment in a lab in Japan. Then she was being attacked by cats.

Nightmarish visions like these plagued Ms. Victory during her hospitalization this spring for severe respiratory failure caused by the coronavirus. They made her so agitated that one night, she pulled out her ventilator breathing tube; another time, she fell off a chair and landed on the floor of the intensive care unit.

“It was so real, and I was so scared,” said Ms. Victory, 31, now back home in Franklin, Tenn.

To a startling degree, many coronavirus patients are reporting similar experiences. Called hospital delirium, the phenomenon has previously been seen mostly in a subset of older patients, some of whom already had dementia, and in recent years, hospitals adopted measures to reduce it.

Now, the condition is bedeviling coronavirus patients of all ages with no previous cognitive impairment. Reports from hospitals and researchers suggest that about two-thirds to three-quarters of coronavirus patients in I.C.U.’s have experienced it in various ways. Some have “hyperactive delirium,” paranoid hallucinations and agitation; some have “hypoactive delirium,” internalized visions and confusion that cause patients to become withdrawn and incommunicative; and some have both.

The experiences aren’t just terrifying and disorienting. Delirium can have detrimental consequences long after it lifts, extending hospital stays, slowing recovery and increasing people’s risk of developing depression or post-traumatic stress. Previously healthy older patients with delirium can develop dementia sooner than they otherwise would have and can die earlier, researchers have found.

Roos4eva

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 7, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Western United FC
At the moment, it’s clearly a ‘Melbourne’ problem as opposed to regional Victoria.

Hopefully it doesn’t spread beyond the city.

Places like Geelong and Ballarat have definitely contained it for now (although Geelong obviously had a spike at the beginning of this pandemic).

I live in regional Victoria but personally haven’t been to Melbourne since early February (for a gig my band was playing, oh how I miss playing gigs...)

At the moment, it’s clearly a ‘Melbourne’ problem as opposed to regional Victoria.

Places like Geelong and Ballarat have definitely contained it for now (although Geelong obviously had a spike at the beginning of this pandemic).

I live in regional Victoria but personally haven’t been to Melbourne since early February (for a gig my band was playing, oh how I miss playing gigs...)

Me too :) Same same, but different 🙃

1593425660367.png

School holidays, now in full swing, may see a few affected folk among the hordes hitting the road to all parts of Vic from Melbourne mate.

WA still has a 50% capacity limit at Optus, but nightclubs with young folk shoulder to shoulder for hours is all good? Something I'm missing here?

Easily solved thanks to Mr Lionel Richie:

Looking incredibly likely that all other states will not allow Vic teams to enter, we will have our own "Danger Zone Hub" to play in.

And that Kids, was the 80’s, nothing but jets and gravity defying dancing

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Same up here in the Greater Mooroopna-Katamatite Region though there was an infection at Kyabram about a month ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back