News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be coping well at day -1.

yeah no im not . I wasn’t mentally prepared for this again . I spent Dec-Feb in a type of isolation . Then we all got hit.
I work remotely but miss my team , I’m at my best around people.
Had just started a new relationship with an absolute stunning raven haired beauty from all places ... Albury 🤦‍♂️.
i had next week off and we were going to continue where we left off - day drunk and stoned !! What a woman.

Had just got back into the gym , four days a week . That’s a bloody hard thing to get motivated for . Now that stops again.
Oh I’m pissed alright and we’re all suffering because of a spineless twerp .
Somof course suffered more cause they now dead!! And their families have to deal with that and yes I feel very sorry for them .
Hey Dan may rival Pol Pot when this is all finished .
I’ve been so calm for ages now and yeah yesterday I felt fit to kill and I hate getting worked up like that . Me and stress don’t get along at all . I had chest pains yesterday.

But you have inspired me and I’ll post a daily diary of life from my isolation cell starting tomorrow.

Who knows what high jinx I can get up to .

yeah no im not . I wasn’t mentally prepared for this again . I spent Dec-Feb in a type of isolation . Then we all got hit.
I work remotely but miss my team , I’m at my best around people.
Had just started a new relationship with an absolute stunning raven haired beauty from all places ... Albury 🤦‍♂️.
i had next week off and we were going to continue where we left off - day drunk and stoned !! What a woman.

Had just got back into the gym , four days a week . That’s a bloody hard thing to get motivated for . Now that stops again.
Oh I’m pissed alright and we’re all suffering because of a spineless twerp .
Somof course suffered more cause they now dead!! And their families have to deal with that and yes I feel very sorry for them .
Hey Dan may rival Pol Pot when this is all finished .
I’ve been so calm for ages now and yeah yesterday I felt fit to kill and I hate getting worked up like that . Me and stress don’t get along at all . I had chest pains yesterday.

But you have inspired me and I’ll post a daily diary of life from my isolation cell starting tomorrow.

Who knows what high jinx I can get up to .

Stay safe TAO. Hopefully we can all come back to BF for the lulz for the next 6 weeks.

so what are you saying here? the restrictions were as tough as any other jurastriction, i think the inconsistant messaging was from the rallies but people were told not to go, they just didnt choose to fine anyone. and even if they did it would have been after the event so really wouldnt have stopped people going.

the way the security of the quarintine motels was contracted out imo plain sucks but these days everything is contracted out. kudos for NSW for having the Professionals carry it out.
No, I'm saying Vic's restrictions were tougher then other states.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I really cant think of anything really that any other government would have done different. happy to hear peoples theories on what they think could have been different in hindsight. fact is if the public dont follow the advice theres really not a great deal more you can do, the stick and carrot only work with some people. and lets be honest here, nobody could say they dont know anybody that hasnt flouted the recommendations.
The 'blame the Victorian people' argument just doesn't hold up.

What you are saying is that Victorians floated the law far more significantly than other states - in particular NSW - such as to lead to a second wave here?

Get real - on what basis do you and Andrews have for making that accusation? None.

We have a monumental covid problem leading to mass damage to families, the economy and health of older people. The rest of Australia does not have this problem.

The 'blame the Victorian people argument' is rubbish, it's spin and it's Andrews deflecting the blame from his own mismanagement onto those who can't defend themselves.

For people to buy this Andrews line - even on an online footy site - shows gullibility of the highest level.

Think for yourself mate - think about the lack of facts to the argument, the personal interest Andrews has in pursuing this line.

Andrews got arrogant, wanted to do this without Federal help and has stuffed it up as bad as it could be.

A lot of people are about to be hurt badly because of Andrews decision making.

But they weren't trained in "security" they were Indian ******* hotel employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought the borders were closed.

Here is the thing. Everything in Victoria is privatised. Its a cultural thing and goes all the way back to Kennett getting elected, over 25 years ago. So it's normal for things to be done that way down there. And every decade or so there is a major disaster as a result. But it's ingrained in how things are done. It's what keeps the Victorian economy moving so everyone is attuned to it.

If you say you are gonna provide security for something there is a process in place to tender for something that isn't there that just requires boxes being ticked doesn't it?

Then it's on you to provide it.

This s**t is set up to enable cronyism and corruption. So someone involved in the process was probably doing something a bit dodgy, the need to suffer for it, especially if they are in government to the public service, but the reality is someone was engaged to provide a commercial service.

Unless there was a massive failure of dillgence beforehand then their inability to provide the service were engaged to provide is what caused this.

I hate all politicians, they’re sh*t, I don’t trust any of them because they’re in it for themselves.
but to leave our bio security, our only real defence up to dudes paid minimum wage is a mare of a decision. Then to back it up with going with airport staff, what’s the saying fool me once, blame on you.. fool me twice??

The lot of ‘em should be put in the gallows..
This is just Neo liberalism doing its thing. I'm surprised people are surprised it happened.

Government hasn't worked for the benefit of citizens since before the wages accord in the 80s. The idea it does is a sham to maintain legitimacy.

I really cant think of anything really that any other government would have done different. happy to hear peoples theories on what they think could have been different in hindsight. fact is if the public dont follow the advice theres really not a great deal more you can do, the stick and carrot only work with some people. and lets be honest here, nobody could say they dont know anybody that hasnt flouted the recommendations.
Yep.

Still, when you are in government you are responsible for what happens.

Here is the thing. Everything in Victoria is privatised. Its a cultural thing and goes all the way back to Kennett getting elected, over 25 years ago. So it's normal for things to be done that way down there. And every decade or so there is a major disaster as a result. But it's ingrained in how things are done. It's what keeps the Victorian economy moving so everyone is attuned to it.

If you say you are gonna provide security for something there is a process in place to tender for something that isn't there that just requires boxes being ticked doesn't it?

This sh*t is set up to enable cronyism and corruption. So someone involved in the process was probably doing something a bit dodgy, the need to suffer for it, especially if they are in government to the public service, but the reality is someone was engaged to provide a commercial service.

Unless there was a massive failure of dillgence beforehand then their inability to provide the service were engaged to provide is what caused this.
There's going to be a lot of control points where things broke down in the wash up of this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Victoria knocked back that advice, shat the bed and left it people on minimum wage.. MSS security who was guarding the hotels, same company was looking after some of the flats.

This is the most damning part of the whole plan re the government, once it got into the community the community the blame is on them (us).

Going with the private contractors will be Dans Ruby Princess moment.

I don’t know, keep quarantine protocols... it was our only defence, the nation when into lockdown and kept it from spreading because we could quarantine and test who was coming in to Australia, every other state followed national guidelines and left the single most important job to the adf..

Victoria knocked back that advice, shat the bed and left it people on minimum wage.. MSS security who was guarding the hotels, same company was looking after some of the flats.

You can work out the rest.
MSS Security do defence contracting don't they?

Don't they provide security to defence sites, document delivery and storage and that sort of thing. They are owned by SIS, which is Indian and owns any security company with SIS in the name, MSS and Prosguer (the bright yellow bank security vans) among others. Just have a look at the "government services" they provide us.

You can put s**t on this government all you like (and go for it) but this is how things are done in Neo liberal societies.

No doubt everyone will jump on Kang for this and there will be a massive media push to elect Kodos as punishment but nothing will change.

Former government services will still be provided by private organisations whose primary responsibility is to make their share holders cash not do the *en job right.

Stay safe TAO. Hopefully we can all come back to BF for the lulz for the next 6 weeks.

Cheers man, just feelin sorry for myself, Ms Lisa told me to harden the * up. After I explained I only had another 32kg to catch her ex aka the Lord of War.

Yes we'll survive this. Just not sure how sane we'll all be.
1594163155383.png

This sh*t is set up to enable cronyism and corruption. So someone involved in the process was probably doing something a bit dodgy, the need to suffer for it, especially if they are in government to the public service, but the reality is someone was engaged to provide a commercial service.

yes the borders are closed and us Vics are isolated from the rest of the country. Victoria the garden leper state. Now remember you're a much deeper thinker than I and are far more intelligent. I've gotten by on my boyish charm and charisma!

I run 30 odd commercial contracts and always ask for a capability statement, that stops those above me hunting out the cheapest price. So if I set up a contract that those I've awarded it to cannot deliver on, it's on my head.

I think that's what ya alluding to or is that too? 🤷‍♂️

Let's Form the BigFooty Party. How Good would that be? I'll be Minister for Upside Down Crucifixions. :stern look

Minister for Procreation?
Minister for (Sex) Education
Minister for Health?

Any other portfolios? Whom will be the cabinet? (Minsters and Roles, not THAT kind of cabinet)

Cheers man, just feelin sorry for myself, Ms Lisa told me to harden the fu** up. After I explained I only had another 32kg to catch her ex aka the Lord of War.

Yes we'll survive this. Just not sure how sane we'll all be.
View attachment 908107

yes the borders are closed and us Vics are isolated from the rest of the country. Victoria the garden leper state. Now remember you're a much deeper thinker than I and are far more intelligent. I've gotten by on my boyish charm and charisma!

I run 30 odd commercial contracts and always ask for a capability statement, that stops those above me hunting out the cheapest price. So if I set up a contract that those I've awarded it to cannot deliver on, it's on my head.

I think that's what ya alluding to or is that too? 🤷‍♂️

Always here if need need us TAO :thumbsu:

This is Kennett’s fault? Lol give yourself a spell!

MSS Security do defence contracting don't they?

Don't they provide security to defence sites, document delivery and storage and that sort of thing. They are owned by SIS, which is Indian and owns any security company with SIS in the name, MSS and Prosguer (the bright yellow bank security vans) among others. Just have a look at the "government services" they provide us.

You can put sh*t on this government all you like (and go for it) but this is how things are done in Neo liberal societies.

No doubt everyone will jump on Kang for this and there will be a massive media push to elect Kodos as punishment but nothing will change.

Former government services will still be provided by private organisations whose primary responsibility is to make their share holders cash not do the fu**en job right.
I know what I’ll do, vote the other lot in, that’ll fix it..
the lot of ‘em should be put in the gallows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back