News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as required by law, I wore my mask to the supermarket this morning. When I asked if they had any fava beans and a nice Chianti, the campaigners called security. No idea why.
Hannibal_Lecter_in_Silence_of_the_Lambs.jpg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Very interesting idea! We may be a selfish and stupid lot, but we're also greedy. Imagine getting a $1,000 reward for dobbing in a neighbour flouting their self-isolation requirements. Not a bad idea actually...
My name is 7577969919 and I am running for President of these United States of Victoria.

Bottle shop near me has home made sanitiser that smells like a combo of this and Brut 33. Tell ya what, it stopped me from touching my face.
But strangely irresistible to women at the same time. Brut33 renders them helpless!
Quality product backed by some quality advertising.

I wore about half a bottle of it to my Year 9 dance and was gobsmacked when I didn't pull a pash as a result.

Last edited:
So, as required by law, I wore my mask to the supermarket this morning. When I asked if they had any fava beans and a nice Chianti, the campaigners called security. No idea why.
View attachment 923706

They are probably mortified that you would eat a heavy protein broad bean side dish with your main course of meat, and given human flesh is more common to pigs than any other animal then a white wine is probably more fitting than a dry red Chianti.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They are probably mortified that you would eat a heavy protein broad bean side dish with your main course of meat, and given human flesh is more common to pigs than any other animal then a white wine is probably more fitting than a dry red Chianti.

Good point Tas. If indeed human flesh is similar to pork an aromatic white with good acidity would do the trick to cut through the richness. A bone dry great Southern Riesling would be just the ticket.

Good point Tas. If indeed human flesh is similar to pork an aromatic white with good acidity would do the trick to cut through the richness. A bone dry great Southern Riesling would be just the ticket.
As it's liver on the menu, I'll stick with Chianti (or a Rioja at a pinch)🍷

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know this particular item is not the Australian way but I would set up a hotline to encourage people to dob in quarantine cheats and reward them for doing so, If we knew that someone was driving dangerously drunk we would let the police know.

I agree with tip offs, but rewarding dob-ins generally doesn't correlate strongly with accurate information..

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has it been discussed as to where the 723 cases are coming from... are the majority from workplaces, or kids getting it or old age care homes. We really need to have a breakdown of those figures to make a call about whether we should be shutting down certain areas of the economy or not
Whats the point in shutting anything down where 25 pecent of people in self isolation are going out anyway?

White wine is never the answer.

Wouldn't be a bigger crook in the country Krak's. Stand ' yer ground.

He would be hoping to win seats, instead of following the directions and maybe putting in a steady alternative, he may have difficulty with his chances in an upcoming state election

Quality product backed by some quality advertising.

I wore about half a bottle of it to my Year 9 dance and was gobsmacked when I didn't pull a pash as a result.

Maybe you should have had some clothes on as well.

It was a different time back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back