News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear sells papers

Or rather in this day and age, drives clicks and website traffic

yeah man, I don't watch the ******* news or read papers and I've sustained brain damage and still see the light.

A slight fib as I need to be up to date with the virus due to work commitments. But it isn't for my personal consumption that's for sure.

Following the news is among the worst things a person can do to themselves. Don't worry the world will keep going on if you don't watch it. Pay more attention to the people in your real life and working on your goals so you can live well and help others.
Huge like!

We have banned all print & TV news in my house now - too depressing.

I get everything I need from Big Footy

Huge like!

We have banned all print & TV news in my house now - too depressing.

I get everything I need from Big Footy

In Big Footy news, Aliens have cooperated with the lizard people to release corona virus through 5G towers in your local community, also Damian Barrett is a well liked journalist who writes hard hitting and truthful articles

Following the news is among the worst things a person can do to themselves. Don't worry the world will keep going on if you don't watch it. Pay more attention to the people in your real life and working on your goals so you can live well and help others.
The news hasn't changed since I was born (and I'll be raising the bat next year!)
Murder, rape, theft, international turmoil, severe road accidents, politics followed by a bit of sport and weather with maybe a nice snippet at the end.
I can't be @rsed either

You’re probably right ,but occasionally you get some gems ,like yesterday when Lana Murphy dropped the “F bomb” in an out take that obviously wasn’t meant to go to air. Now that gets your attention.

The news hasn't changed since I was born (and I'll be raising the bat next year!)
Murder, rape, theft, international turmoil, severe road accidents, politics followed by a bit of sport and weather with maybe a nice snippet at the end.
I can't be @rsed either

...........and designed to keep you watching.............and buying.

Read up on a bloke named "Edward Bernays".

wise words.

In Big Footy news, Aliens have cooperated with the lizard people to release corona virus through 5G towers in your local community, also Damian Barrett is a well liked journalist who writes hard hitting and truthful articles
And in breaking news Craig Hutchinson is not quite as fat as the TV makes him look!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Natural progression of things I guess

DA says there is no Stage 5

A rabid Newscorp media runs a story that suggests what Stage 5 would look like if it was actually to exist ostensibly to feed on fear and sell more papers

A readership desperate to blame someone for a global pandemic seizes on it like its actually true and claims there will be a stage 5 lockdown where you're basically imprisoned in your own home, continues to sh*t on DA and the State Gov

A more defiant populace pushes back against "Stage 5" even though no such thing exists and there is actual verifiable video footage to confirm that it doesn't exist and can't be implemented

We have to go to an increased level of restrictions because people aren't doing the right thing, and they're spreading the virus

Newscorp claims it was right all along, its readership claims DA was a tyrant, a despot and a dictator all rolled into one

DA holds a presser conference and says there's no such thing as Stage 6

A rabid Newscorp media runs a story that suggests what Stage 6 would look like if it was actually to exist ...

And then the panic buying starts

Wow I'm pressed we can do 20,000 odd tests Tuesday and have the results back in within 24 hours. Go us!🙄
I'm crook, just got tested Monday and got my negative result back this morning. Being high risk moves you up the queue a bit, so the positive results are from between 2 to 5 days old.

Give it another week before stage 4 starts to kick in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back