News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

And to think, one non-decision about who was guarding hotels is made correctly, and we aren't much more than that.
Not who was guarding - how. Private security was used in other states with no issues, and any kind of security with the lack of training and oversight Victoria employed could have delivered the same results.

Not who was guarding - how. Private security was used in other states with no issues, and any kind of security with the lack of training and oversight Victoria employed could have delivered the same results.

Even then NSW has seen plenty of reported stuff ups from their security guards (including a bunch of them sacked), they've mostly just dodged the bullet through lack of infections (luck) and/or catching them early (strong test and trace), and/or disciplining them after seeing what happened in Vic.

I know the police have better things to do but the security guards at hotels issue seems to be a ticking time bomb.

Really? Far canal!! Soooo many Caring Understanding Nice Types down here you'd reckon we've been let off the leash. I grow weary of this whole affair.

Really? Far canal!! Soooo many Caring Understanding Nice Types down here you'd reckon we've been let off the leash. I grow weary of this whole affair.

Country Vic has had a few restrictions eased. The 5.2M of the rest of us remain locked down until the Northern suburban crap is sorted, despite the fact we achieved the seemingly impossible target of under 5 by the deadline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can thank a certain part of our community for that. They literally don’t care. The media will call it a language barrier but it’s not. They just don’t care.
Saying “they” are all the same is just flat out racism.

I know it's hard for the parents, and the kids to a degree, but we need to dispense with the nonsense of kids not spreading the virus.

Packing a whole bunch of children who have little appreciation for how big a role hygiene plays in this, into a class room, is basically connecting 20+ households together.

Homeschooling and bored kids annoying you all day sucks, but not being able to see family sucks harder.

How weak is the prick, he won't deal with the problem areas prefers to make us all suffer. I suppose these uneducated buffoons are his winning ticket at election time.

*As no sane campaigner would vote for him.

* That's a factual statement, so cannot be questioned. You can argue all you like, but I'll just draw your attention back to my statement.

I haven't been a fan of the 5km/25km restrictions but I find it odd that people so heavily spruiking local hotspot shutdowns (tried and failed, unfortunately) are so against them. If the 5km radius was adhered to I reckon that'd make hotspot closing much easier.

Having said that, I don't like the radial limits, but I also fear very localised shutdowns won't do the job.

Where were hotspot shutdown tried and failed? I haven't heard of any localised shutdowns other than Dan locking in poor people into housing commission flats.

5km means nothing, i can go through about 3 post codes in 5km where I live. I could be within 5km and travel to an infected suburb, I could go 50km in a different direction and there haven't been any infections in these postcodes since April. At the end of the day, people are within a general area who are/had shed the virus in public places generally use the public resources within their area. Ie, I could go to the Coles north of me (within 5km) and I would at significantly greater risk of getting the virus there because in that post code there were infected people there. There are Coles and Woolworths east and west of me and there haven't been infected people there for a long time. It makes more sense to keep people who live in uninfected areas from going to places which have infections and vice versa.

You can use whatever system you like, but 5km doesn't mean anything. You can do it street by street but it will be much harder to organise resources for people that way.

It would be better to stop the spread of the virus to additional areas if you stopped people from going into/out of the suburbs that do have infections rather than pull a number out of your arse and hope you get lucky. There is public information as to where were infections but it is not something that the public is constantly informed of. We need a system that isn't going to fail is in the future if there is a far more lethal pandemic. What we have in place is totally inadequate.

It is why states like Tasmania and Western Australia didn't want to open the borders, the only real safeguard we have is not letting it in, we are poorly equipped to deal with it within our borders.

How weak is the prick, he won't deal with the problem areas prefers to make us all suffer. I suppose these uneducated buffoons are his winning ticket at election time.

*As no sane campaigner would vote for him.

* That's a factual statement, so cannot be questioned. You can argue all you like, but I'll just draw your attention back to my statement.

We can put a "ring of steel" up around a whole city but now a few suburbs in the North? FFS! Just pick 4 main roads that enclose the hotspot and drop barriers at all entrances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back