News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one attending games for year then. :(

Talking of vaccine I had mine and had a young girl in their 20s in front of me. She was never asked to show proof she was a care worker or disabled or a quanteen worker or anything.

We picked the right two years to finish bottom of the ladder.

Edit: BTW given what's going on I think we should be well past the vaccination stage / eligibility status point. IMHO high risk industries etc should be getting directly handled as priority by Government and everyone else should be first in first served. The most important thing at the moment is more vaccine supplies and more supplies in arms (particularly in our most populous and urban states).

Last edited:

Dude, only one person has used the word fascist today, and that's you.
If someone believes it’s ok for blurring of corporate and state power, to silence a political opposition, they’re going to get called out on it.

It’s the textbook definition.

Mind you this is the same poster who throws around rwnj to everyone who disagrees with him..

Last edited:
Naturally emotions are high and everyone is understandably frustrated.....I get it....but for those of us coming here for GR-esque updates - can the political chat be taken to the many other threads on the board?

We picked the right two years to finish bottom of the ladder.

Edit: BTW given what's going on I think we should be well past the vaccination stage / eligibility status point. IMHO high risk industries etc should be getting directly handled as priority by Government and everyone else should be first in first served. The most important thing at the moment is more vaccine supplies and more supplies in arms (particularly in our most populous and urban states).
first in first served is the go, make it a stampede. Supply issues be damned, the vaccination rates are flying at the moment, over a million a week, and we are catching other countries.

what's really going to slow things is at the top end when the antivax/vax hesitants really bob up. Hopefully we have far fewer of them than UK/USA

Jesus Christ.

No it doesn't. They are exercising editorial control over their own website, which corporate governance and the first amendment not only allows, but insists upon, which is why it hasn't been stopped.
the first amendment now insists upon censoring ppl, righto.

Seriously, are you trying to be the stupidest person on the internet?

These are American companies.

American companies fall under the American constitution just like individuals do.
The American constitution sits above corporate law. So, it does not matter what corporate law says, if it is in violation of the constitution, its invalid.

Please note this, its important, and the key to your misunderstanding. Constitution, trumps corporate law totally, to the point that corporate law found to violate it is invalid, and will get struck down by the courts. So please, please, please, for the love of god, stop going on about corporate law, it doesn't matter at all. The government, if it tried to control what speech the companies do or do not allow, runs up against constitutional law. It can rewrite section 260, the corporate act, any ******* law it likes, it doesn't matter in the slightest. YOU CANNOT OVERIDE THE CONSITUTION WITH CORPORATE LAW.

The American government can not tell social media companies what to allow, or disallow on their websites. Period.

They can ask. Which they have done. Please Mr media corporations, will you take down covid mis information, pretty please. Even that is sailing close to the wind in terms of what the constitution allows.
i've already addressed this stuff, not going around in circles again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

first in first served is the go, make it a stampede. Supply issues be damned, the vaccination rates are flying at the moment, over a million a week, and we are catching other countries.

what's really going to slow things is at the top end when the antivax/vax hesitants really bob up. Hopefully we have far fewer of them than UK/USA

That's so far down the track it doesn't even matter. We're talking months away - the big issue is supply.

Ofcourse its 7 days. Soon to be another 7. Followed by another 14 just to "ease" the restrictions again. Same old same old.

I'm not sure why they even put a timeframe on it, just say we are locking down and we'll open when we think it's safe to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back