News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The government should he operating relief flights IMO. Get it all done within a month or two and if they don't take up the free relief flight then there's really no excuse.
I bet if there was a tangible threat like war or natural disaster this would be happening

Suppose the question really is where to place them.
Can a Federal Government stomach politically the optics of placing Australian Citizens in the Detention Centres?
100 years ago it wasn’t a problem.

They did at the start.

Morrison just doing his avoiding responsibility act now.

All dined at the same restaurant, too. The amount for restaurants I've seen packed to the rafters with zero respect for social distancing is abysmal. Not sure how you could go through everything we've been through and still be so stupid as to not mitigate risks.

All dined at the same restaurant, too. The amount for restaurants I've seen packed to the rafters with zero respect for social distancing is abysmal. Not sure how you could go through everything we've been through and still be so stupid as to not mitigate risks.

It shouldn't be an issue if people could monitor the national borders properly.

We are run by morons.

We are run by morons.

This.

It’s been practically eliminated in the country through the sacrifices of the general public of their civil liberties.

Every outbreak since has been a result of the incompetence of the international quarantine system.

I really don’t mind WA’s stance on this. Any minor breach of quarantine is basically jail time until the hearing and then sentences of up to 3 months have been common. The punishments need to be ramped up.

We are run by morons.

It shouldn't be, but there's a cascading effect of responsibility.

Absolutely we should be strictly monitoring the borders and doing quarantine in a way we've been begging for in this thread (regardless of politics we all seem to be on the same page there).

But I don't think that absolves people of the responsibility for not enforcing social distancing measures in their restaurants, shopping centres for not enforcing masks, and of course the legions of morons who outright refuse to socially distance, wear masks, not shake hands, etc.

Just cascading levels of stupidity. I feel like 99 per cent of the population, including many political leaders are just incapable of calculating risk. Quarantine offshore or remote locations may cost a bit more upfront but would certainly save us billions in economic damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It shouldn't be, but there's a cascading effect of responsibility.

Absolutely we should be strictly monitoring the borders and doing quarantine in a way we've been begging for in this thread (regardless of politics we all seem to be on the same page there).

But I don't think that absolves people of the responsibility for not enforcing social distancing measures in their restaurants, shopping centres for not enforcing masks, and of course the legions of morons who outright refuse to socially distance, wear masks, not shake hands, etc.

Just cascading levels of stupidity. I feel like 99 per cent of the population, including many political leaders are just incapable of calculating risk. Quarantine offshore or remote locations may cost a bit more upfront but would certainly save us billions in economic damage.

This, it’s not like we have a huge quantity of overseas travelers arriving and they are already paying huge amounts to get back.

It’s pretty hard to breach quarantine and walk down a major CBD if you are on Christmas Island.

Given they dined on 21 Dec as NSW return travellers I'd say both states have significant levels of undetected transmission right now.

This has always been the case.

What’s the penalty for breaching quarantine? These fu**s need to cop it

Yes, let's just officially rubber stamp our dystopian nightmare.

The people have been sufficiently hypersensitised about this issue by now, I say tattooed bar codes on our foreheads is the way to move forward.

Make it happen ScoMo/Dan/whoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back