All Australian
May 9, 2011
1st & Goal
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Auburn Tigers - War Eagle!
Get used to it folks..
Im sure it wont be the last announcement about what you can / can't do if you are unvaccinated

The UK are talking about banning entry into nightclubs if you are unvaccinated.. I can see that sort of thing coming to this side of the world too
Bring that on and sooner the better. We are way too lax in getting vaccinated as most of the country (until very recently) haven't been subjected to numerous lockdowns and we've successfully had irrational scare campaigns against vaccines such as AZ which statistically are much less harmful than many other common drugs.

The Foo Fighters recently did a concert in NYC where you had to be vaccinated to get into the Garden - 20,000 people attended.

If this is where we are going, where do I sign?

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bring that on and sooner the better. We are way too lax in getting vaccinated as most of the country (until very recently) haven't been subjected to numerous lockdowns and we've successfully had irrational scare campaigns against vaccines such as AZ which statistically are much less harmful than many other common drugs.

The Foo Fighters recently did a concert in NYC where you had to be vaccinated to get into the Garden - 20,000 people attended.

I'm totally with you.
You want some freedom.. get a jab. Help your community and your family

I like that idea but at this stage there is a major chunk of our community that can't get access to vaccinations

True, and that needs to fixed ASAP. If Scomo wants to spend his days being anonymous, like he has for the last year or two, he should at least delegate the task to someone who is competent enough to get the vaccination program moving efficiently

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hmmm…I’m by no means an anti vaxxer, as I’m vaccinated for everything else but I don’t agree with people being coerced into having a vaccine where there are so many unknowns about it’s long term impact. If the vaccine was using the same type of technology as other common vaccines, then no worries…but this type of vaccine (mRNA) is essentially experimental.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Forced vaccination policies like this are not the way to go about making sure that people are getting them.

Instead of banging on about why it's important to get it, we all know it is. Social coercion followed by demagoguery is just being knee-jerk as to why the efforts to get people vaccinated are not as successful as they should be.

If you push people enough like this regardless of the facts they just won't do it and if you back them into a corner like the UK is doing, it's also not going to succeed and just proves their suspicions.

What's required first and foremost is the supplies of them first off, and ease of access to get them, and more positive messaging backed by data that's proving the vaccine is safe, free of side effects and has a high rate of preventing re-infection.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hmmm…I’m by no means an anti vaxxer, as I’m vaccinated for everything else but I don’t agree with people being coerced into having a vaccine where there are so many unknowns about it’s long term impact. If the vaccine was using the same type of technology as other common vaccines, then no worries…but this type of vaccine (mRNA) is essentially experimental.

Get the AstraZeneca vaccine then RF, that's an old style vaccine
Personally I'd rather the new technology thanks which has a proven higher efficacy rate.. I'll take my chances on some minutely small chance that something might go wrong in the future, for the increased protection that I get

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Get used to it folks..
Im sure it wont be the last announcement about what you can / can't do if you are unvaccinated

The UK are talking about banning entry into nightclubs if you are unvaccinated.. I can see that sort of thing coming to this side of the world too
UK have offered vaccination to people likely to go to nightclubs so it’s different to here. I could go to footy for the jabbed over-50s, but I don’t think it’s fair.

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Agree this will be brought in at some point, but that point needs to be once the supply issues are sorted out and every Australian who wants one can have a vaccine. At the moment we don't have that (and won't for a while yet)

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham

Springsteen only letting the vaccinated into his Broadway show. AZ doesn’t count as vaccines have to be on the US FDA approved list. Aussies unlikely to get there anyway but bad luck for Canadians. Even what sounds like a simple step is pretty messy in practice.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone see this little clip in context? Seems a bit excessive, and the comments underneath from those abroad are interesting to me.
These 2021 lockdowns shouldn't be happening after last year's hard work. The federal government dropped the ball hard on vaccine messaging and delivery, on hotel quarantine and not providing for a different solution. It's really stupid in a global context that we have so many people with reservations over vaccination. Especially from the vulnerable.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine living in a country where a vaccinated peodophile would have more freedom of movement than those that choose not to get the covid jab.

What about those that are under the age of 18 that aren't allowed to be vaccinated?
What about those that aren't able to receive the vaccine for pre existing medical conditions? (My grandmother suffered severe adverse reaction to her first jab, which was subsequently attributed to the fact she suffers from MS and has been advised by her doctor not to have the second dose)
What about those that have genuine health concerns about taking the vaccine?

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1626829264064.png

Have we ever had a bigger campaigner as PM?

I mean seriously, how much of a sociopath must you be to behave like this ********?

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
110 NSW
43 out and about
Make that 60 out and about...

60 infectious cases spent some time in NSW community
It’s worth noting it isn’t just 43 cases that were infectious in the community. Berejiklian doesn’t read out the number that were in the community for part of their infectious period, which today is 17.
That means a total of 60 cases spent some time in the community while infectious, and 13 cases are still under investigation.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine living in a country where a vaccinated peodophile would have more freedom of movement than those that choose not to get the covid jab.

What about those that are under the age of 18 that aren't allowed to be vaccinated?
What about those that aren't able to receive the vaccine for pre existing medical conditions? (My grandmother suffered severe adverse reaction to her first jab, which was subsequently attributed to the fact she suffers from MS and has been advised by her doctor not to have the second dose)
What about those that have genuine health concerns about taking the vaccine?
The whole reason people get vaccinated is to protect the community - particularly the young, elderly, and those unable to get the shot. It's not just a self defense.

As far as 'genuine health concerns'
Hard to take it seriously when as a nation we have a very high alcohol consumption rate, and high obesity. People all of a sudden start to take an interest in what goes in their body now? Not saying you specifically but there's a large Venn diagram intersection of "ppl who don't want the jab for personal health reasons" and "ppl who have never considered personal health at other times" and it really s**ts me that these are the people holding us back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back