News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Basically, what I have seen of these RNA type vaccines is that they insert spike sequences on the cells which basically throw a spanner in the viral replication machinery once Sars-CoV-2 has entered a host and this stops it in its tracks.

What you are referring to is some type of "carrier" RNA strand which acts to insert an accompanying set of proteins which jam up the replication works. It's interesting. I'd like to see it's mode of methodology when it becomes available.

I posted some comments on the drug "remdesivir" a while back, which works by similar protocols, but without the RNA insertion.

Click on the functional groups marked 1-5 in this link for a better understanding:

*Take particular note of functional group 2 as the insertion mechanism in to the viral replication template. I suspect your vaccine works via a similiar route.

Thanks. If I can get more information on this specific trial I will share it.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Snake, you posted a video from these guys back when everything kicked off, this one from a month ago below still relevant/worth listening to?

Anything that teaches the actual dynamics of the virus & vaccines at work is a good thing. It takes a bit of effort to get the nomenclature & dynamics down, but once you jam that in your head then your level of understanding becomes a lot clearer.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Tutorial 1: The basic components of DNA and RNA.

It's important to note that Adenosine + Thymine and Cytosine + Guanine are always complimentary in DNA, and that Adenosine + Uracil and Cytosine + Guanine are always complimentary in RNA. This is what is known as complimentary base pairing.

Tutorial 2 : DNA and RNA replication (translation and transcription).

Note the antiparallel 5 prime (5') and 3 prime (3') direction complimentary replication for DNA. These complimentary amino acids that assemble on the DNA strands are free floating and taken from the cellular environment.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Now, what an RNA virus (Sars-CoV-2) does is have a capability to enter through the cellular membrane and hijack the functions outlined in tutorials 1 & 2 in order to make copies of itself.

Tutorial 3: Viral entry, replication, assembly and release

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Here is a really good basic depiction about how the HIV virus infects cells. This evil bastard actually hijacks immune cells (CD4) in the process, which is what makes it so difficult to combat.

Step 1: HIV virus & host cell membranes fuse.

Step 2: Cellular fusion leads to the virus dumping it's RNA and replication material in to the hosts cell.

Step 3: The viral RNA undergoes complimentary base pairing in the cells cytoplasm to form a DNA double stranded copy of itself it's replication proteins.

Step 4 This viral DNA strand can now enter the cells nucleus where it integrates with the replication machinery and the viruses structural replication can take place.

Step 5: The RNA proteins necessary for the virus (envelope, spike, membrane, RNA etc.) are transcribed in the nucleus.

Step 6: These RNA viral instruction proteins exit the nucleus to the surrounding cellular are known as the cytoplasm, where further complimentary base pairing takes place to assemble the viral components (envelope, spike, membrane, RNA etc.), which then assemble as new viral replications.

Step 7: These newly formed viruses then fuse with the infected host cells membrane and exit to seek out new cells to infect and replicate.

1610676368764.png

Last edited:

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now, what an RNA virus (Sars-CoV-2) does is have a capability to enter through the cellular membrane and hijack the functions outlined in tutorials 1 & 2 in order to make copies of itself.

Tutorial 3: Viral entry, replication, assembly and release

👍 Best basic lesson l've seen this whole saga Snake.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
👍 Best basic lesson l've seen this whole saga Snake.

Thanks mate.

The concepts are not that difficult, but they're also not easy to convey due to the jargon associated with this.

Basically, if you can get this down pat, then you have a platform for understanding how medications and vaccines interact.

For example, the drug Remdesivir which I have posted about gets in to the cellular nucleus and screws with the viral DNA template to monkey wrenchthe Sars-CoV-2 replication process (step 5 above). As the viral DNA splits to reveal it's RNA template, the available Remdesivir inserts itself and Sars-CoV-2 can no longer copy itself.

The Sars-CoV-2 RNA vaccines work on a similar premise.

The antibody vaccines work by coating the viral receptors (step 1), thereby neutralizing it from cellular entry and/or by facilitating chemical signals known as cytokines to recruit killer T cells that come along and wipe it out.

Of course, it's a lot more elaborate than that, but it's a good fundamental start for the layperson to begin.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thanks mate.

The concepts are not that difficult, but they're also not easy to convey due to the jargon associated with this.

Basically, if you can get this down pat, then you have a platform for understanding how medications and vaccines interact.

For example, the drug Remdesivir which I have posted about gets in to the cellular nucleus and screws with the viral DNA template to monkey wrenchthe Sars-CoV-2 replication process (step 5 above). As the viral DNA splits to reveal it's RNA template, the available Remdesivir inserts itself and Sars-CoV-2 can no longer copy itself.

The Sars-CoV-2 RNA vaccines work on a similar premise.

The antibody vaccines work by coating the viral receptors (step 1), thereby neutralizing it from cellular entry and/or by facilitating chemical signals known as cytokines to recruit killer T cells that come along and wipe it out.

Of course, it's a lot more elaborate than that, but it's a good fundamental start for the layperson to begin.

Learnt all this 40 years ago.....but.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL.

Seriously tho, stuff like that is awesome.
Yep, dumbs it down for dumbarses like me to almost understand. Still seems like Dutch to me, but I can explain the offside trap pretty well, without watching The Full Monty 🙃

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yep, dumbs it down for dumbarses like me to almost understand. Still seems like Dutch to me, but I can explain the offside trap pretty well, without watching The Full Monty 🙃

If something doesn't quite get through, then just ask a question.

It's all just elaborate chemistry mate.

In fact, that's all you & I are, membrane bound electrochemistry that has attained self awareness.

If something doesn't quite get through, then just ask a question.

It's all just elaborate chemistry mate.

In fact, that's all you & I are, membrane bound electrochemistry that has attained self awareness.
Yep for sure, just not my cup of tea. I am quite content to watch from the stands, without sounding entirely ignorant.

Well it seems the vaccine lies with those that play professional tennis.
Or if you’re stuck overseas grab a headband a couple of wristbands a racket and head for the airport 👍

Technically we all have a world ranking. I am probably ranked somewhere in the billions but if those in front of me are incapacitated then Rod Laver Arena here I come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back