Status
Not open for further replies.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So forcing someone to take a vaccine, against their will, that they may very produce antibodies for anyway..

how is this ok?
No one should be forced to be vaccinated.

‘’But you have no right of complaint if you can not work in a field that requires vaccination.

The choice is free, but there are consequences for whichever choice you make.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No one should be forced to be vaccinated.

‘’But you have no right of complaint if you can not work in a field that requires vaccination.

The choice is free, but there are consequences for whichever choice you make.
Gangsta negotiator!!
That’s not a free choice now is it?
And who gets to choose whether you require vaccination epidemiologist or employer?

Last edited:

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gangsta negotiator!!
And who gets to choose whether you require vaccination epidemiologist or employer?
In reality though when is a choice ever free? virtually every choice comes with a price. eat meat accept that an animal will be processed, eat vegetables accept land was cleared for the venture, don't eat you die. There is no such thing as choice without consequence.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In reality though when is a choice ever free? virtually every choice comes with a price. eat meat accept that an animal will be processed, eat vegetables accept land was cleared for the venture, don't eat you die. There is no such thing as choice without consequence.
Hahaha philosophical answer which leads to existential crisis..
but who gets the choice over you?
Do you leave it up to the employer..

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gangsta negotiator!!

The US Supreme Court has actually ruled that compulsory vaccination is okay under some circumstances.

It's still a choice in the example of the waitress.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gangsta negotiator!!
Welcome to the real world.

I have been having mandatory vaccines for 40 years dues to my work. It is simple, if I don’t want the vaccine, I am free to gain employment elsewhere.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hahaha philosophical answer which leads to existential crisis..
but who gets the choice over you?
Do you leave it up to the employer..
Comes down to if you want to keep working there i suspect, i work in an essential service, i would hazard a guess this is a decision i are likely going to be presented with in the near future.

Melbourne City Council has just announced all Moomba activities cancelled. Parade, carnival, water skiing, birdman rally etc etc.
Good, scab festival, may it rot in hell.

‘Moomba 2.0’ to go ahead after cancellation
There is new hope a decision to cancel the iconic festival for the first time in its history will be overturned.

‘Moomba 2.0’ to go ahead after cancellation
There is new hope a decision to cancel the iconic festival for the first time in its history will be overturned.

Yeah, won't be much though

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Basically, what I told you folks a week ago.

Andrews, Sutton, Tabloids etc., are full of s**t.

1613732985985.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

I told people 5 ****ing weeks ago that the U.K. strain was a manufactured piece of bullshit, not because someone else claimed it, but because I understand the actual science myself. It has now been supported by an outright elite member in this field, who happens to also know the actual science at play here..

Brett Sutton is not fit to prescribe aspirin, much less act as an authority on epidemiology. He's literally clueless.

Basically, I am smarter than the entire political bureaucracy that YOU support.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I told people 5 ****ing weeks that the U.K. strain was a manufactured piece of bullshit, not because someone else claimed it, but because I understand the actual science myself. It has now been supported by an outright elite member in this field, who happens to also know the actual science at play here..

Brett Sutton is not fit to prescribe aspirin, much less act as an authority on epidemiology. He's literally clueless.

I don't really care for sutton either way, and you need to stop trying to tell others what they do or don't believe. On topic, Gupta has been a herd immunity proponent since day dot, so I'm not really surprised she came to this conclusion. Perhaps she is also looking for science to match her views rather than the other way around?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Perhaps she is also looking for science to match her views rather than the other way around?

If you had a real clue about science you would know that this claim is counterintuitive to how an actual scientist conducts themselves.

We are not talking about postmodernist auto-ethnographic arts degree level woo woo bullshit here.

Properly trained scientists go through years of rigorous training in a thing called "The Scientific Method", which is the greatest filter of human bias ever invented by the human race.

A scientist is actually trained to first identify phenomena via experimentation under rigorous methodological protocols, and then undertake a prolonged process to prove their initial findings wrong, until they reach a conclusion that the research is either flawed and dismissed, or will stand up under peer review and is fit to be published. Ego is the enemy of the scientist.

Your little exercise in C grade intellectual monkey wrenching only serves to highlight your own ignorance.

Last edited:
I told people 5 ****ing weeks ago that the U.K. strain was a manufactured piece of bullshit, not because someone else claimed it, but because I understand the actual science myself. It has now been supported by an outright elite member in this field, who happens to also know the actual science at play here..

You also said COVID was being hyped up by the media to cover for the failing climate change hoax.

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you had a real clue about science you would know that this claim is counterintuitive to how an actual scientist conducts themselves.

We are not talking about postmodernist auto-ethnographic arts degree level woo woo bullshit here.

Properly trained scientists go through years of rigorous training in a thing called "The Scientific Method", which is the greatest filter of human bias ever invented by the human race.

A scientist is actually trained to first identify phenomena via experimentation under rigorous methodological protocols, and then undertake a prolonged process to prove their initial findings wrong, until they reach a conclusion that the research is either flawed and dismissed, or will stand up under peer review and is fit to be published. Ego is the enemy of the scientist.

Your little exercise in C grade intellectual monkey wrenching only serves to highlight your own ignorance.

And yet, all the science that ever goes against your personal view is dismissed out of hand.
Anyway, you finished editing yet?

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

This is true. Although in my experience, some scientists do wade outside their area of expertise and I have seen Gupta do this.

Her modelling on infection rates etc. is to be respected, but I recall in mid-late 2020 she threw her hat in the economics ring with some pretty serious statements that had very, very little scientific analysis put into them.

A good thing for all scientists to remember is that they need to know their limitations. I experienced this first hand at a conference where an expert on nutrient timing in muscle protein synthesis got absolutely shredded because he stepped outside of his domain and into the domain of another panellist, being lean muscle mass preservation during caloric deficits. It was hard to watch an ego certainly for involved then and there.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

This is true. Although in my experience, some scientists do wade outside their area of expertise and I have seen Gupta do this.

Her modelling on infection rates etc. is to be respected, but I recall in mid-late 2020 she threw her hat in the economics ring with some pretty serious statements that had very, very little scientific analysis put into them.

Don't confuse science & scientists with the parasites of politics & the bureaucracy who pollute the discipline with their deviousness.

A good thing for all scientists to remember is that they need to know their limitations. I experienced this first hand at a conference where an expert on nutrient timing in muscle protein synthesis got absolutely shredded because he stepped outside of his domain and into the domain of another panellist, being lean muscle mass preservation during caloric deficits. It was hard to watch an ego certainly for involved then and there.

This person paid the price of being a bad scientist, if indeed they were one in the first place. There's plenty of quasi-humanities types attempting to invade the field (e.g. climate computer modellers)

No other discipline regulates itself so scrupulously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back