News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got a mate working the gas rigs, has a mate that is half Maori, half Scottish - Likes to drink, hates to pay.

🤣
Mrs. H.tried the voice recognition with her blue-tooth in a new car few years back to find a destination. She's like " watch this, Yan Yean Park " she says with a reasonable Korean / English accent ( konglish ) lt answers back " nicht verstehen sie "

" What was that ? What's so funny ? "
My mum us Deutsch. Still makes me laugh.

What are the tips for today’s Results?

Delta is going to be interesting this weekend.

This Nsw/Regional Vic situation is potentially a huge problem if it’s spread. I read they stopped at Wallan heading North. Lots of peeps stop there and head to Albury, Shepp, High Country and Qld.

And I didn’t know West Sydney had that many GoDeez fans?

🤣
Mrs. H.tried the voice recognition with her blue-tooth in a new car few years back to find a destination. She's like " watch this, Yan Yean Park " she says with a reasonable Korean / English accent ( konglish ) lt answers back " nicht verstehen sie "

" What was that ? What's so funny ? "
My mum us Deutsch. Still makes me laugh.
A little similar, in a different lifetime I was driving along with my best little mates mum. We were talking about which of our cars she prefers. I had a zingy little Impreza hatch and she had a larger 4wd. She tells me that she prefers her car because "I like being up high". I replied, "you like being a pie?" I got a very snappy "What?!!" Same same, still makes me laugh, and now my best little mate is in on the gag too 🙃

But back to covid, had my jab, kinda lost my voice yesterday and felt reasonably average last night. My best little mate isn't dressed as an undertaker so it looks like I'll survive

Temporary heart inflammation may be a rare side effect of the Pfizer (PFE.N)/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in teenagers, according to pediatricians who reported on seven cases from across the United States.

The previously healthy adolescents - all boys - developed chest pain within four days after their second dose. MRI exams showed myocarditis, or heart muscle inflammation.

"Fortunately, none of our patients was critically ill," the authors reported on Friday in Pediatrics. The boys' symptoms resolved "rapidly" with medication.

Measures of cardiac status had returned to normal at check-ups performed after one-to-three weeks. Myocarditis is a known rare adverse event following other vaccinations, the authors noted.

There is no proof, however, that the vaccine caused these cases.

"So far, over 2.2 million teenagers (aged) 16-17 have already received 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine, and over 3 million kids 12-15 years old have received dose #1," said coauthor Dr. Judy Guzman-Cottrill of Oregon Health & Science University.

"These are huge, very reassuring denominators." COVID-19 itself can cause myocarditis, she noted. "After looking at the risks and benefits, the data support getting kids vaccinated."

Temporary heart inflammation may be a rare side effect of the Pfizer (PFE.N)/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in teenagers, according to pediatricians who reported on seven cases from across the United States.

The previously healthy adolescents - all boys - developed chest pain within four days after their second dose. MRI exams showed myocarditis, or heart muscle inflammation.

"Fortunately, none of our patients was critically ill," the authors reported on Friday in Pediatrics. The boys' symptoms resolved "rapidly" with medication.

Measures of cardiac status had returned to normal at check-ups performed after one-to-three weeks. Myocarditis is a known rare adverse event following other vaccinations, the authors noted.

There is no proof, however, that the vaccine caused these cases.

"So far, over 2.2 million teenagers (aged) 16-17 have already received 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine, and over 3 million kids 12-15 years old have received dose #1," said coauthor Dr. Judy Guzman-Cottrill of Oregon Health & Science University.

"These are huge, very reassuring denominators." COVID-19 itself can cause myocarditis, she noted. "After looking at the risks and benefits, the data support getting kids vaccinated."

The frustrating part of the article is that they left out the number of kids who experienced the non fatal temporary side effect. It gives the numbers of the kids vaccinated (2.2 million million teenagers (aged) 16-17 have already received 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine, and over 3 million kids 12-15 years old) but not the amount that had this potential side effect. Could be 2 kids or it could be 10,000....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest question is were those positives isolated during their infections period?

I doubt any would be isolated. They say “it’s just a cold I’ll be fine” or “it’s just the flu I’ll be fine”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Betting Market being framed for lockdown 5 in Victoria.

Favourite dates are both the grand final and Melbourne cup long weekends.

LMFAO.

This govt can’t even have the trains run on time let alone handle a few cases of Covid19.

Time to recruit Premier Berejiklian to run this state.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LMFAO.

This govt can’t even have the trains run on time let alone handle a few cases of Covid19.

It’s because daddy dan isn’t back

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

LMFAO.

*. That.

When I was a kid growing up in the mallee, we used to call it "going down the street."

Funnily enough, I still do.

Mind you it must be a height related thing, but my town had two pubs. The Top Pub and The Bottom Pub, haha.
The town I was shopping in this morning has a top and a bottom pub.

The frustrating part of the article is that they left out the number of kids who experienced the non fatal temporary side effect. It gives the numbers of the kids vaccinated (2.2 million million teenagers (aged) 16-17 have already received 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine, and over 3 million kids 12-15 years old) but not the amount that had this potential side effect. Could be 2 kids or it could be 10,000....
I'm not at all cool with giving kids (any kids but especially mine) that particular vaccine atm. Maybe in a few years when we are sure about the long term safety of it.

(And I did vaccinate my kids with normal vaccines.)

The town I was shopping in this morning has a top and a bottom pub.
Gotta love the country ferbs. Our main street where the 2 pubs were was also called Best Street. Probably named it that after the pubs were built.

A little similar, in a different lifetime I was driving along with my best little mates mum. We were talking about which of our cars she prefers. I had a zingy little Impreza hatch and she had a larger 4wd. She tells me that she prefers her car because "I like being up high". I replied, "you like being a pie?" I got a very snappy "What?!!" Same same, still makes me laugh, and now my best little mate is in on the gag too 🙃

But back to covid, had my jab, kinda lost my voice yesterday and felt reasonably average last night. My best little mate isn't dressed as an undertaker so it looks like I'll survive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back