News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If this is true then I'm getting concerned that the more vocal lobby groups (parents who don't want to WFH and have their child home too and hospo) are getting all the bones thrown to them.

The idea that hundreds of kids from different families can all sit in a classroom together, but friends of mine who booked a little stay in a cabin in the dandenongs are too high risk, is pretty on the nose. If they're that concerned that they need to restrict movement, I think they need to treat it as such across the board rather than making some pretty high risk exceptions.

Doesn't affect my life too much either way.

At a guess I would say 3 to 4 million people live with a 25km radius of my home. That restriction makes no sense whatsoever.

How you feeling today? We all got the 1st AZ jab about 8 weeks ago at work. Most people were ok, I was a bit tired the next day but that was it. It paled in comparison to the effect contracting Covid19 had on one of my mates! My follow-up jab is in 3 weeks, few people here who have had it said there was no effect.
Still zero effects 3 days on.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
At a guess I would say 3 to 4 million people live with a 25km radius of my home. That restriction makes no sense whatsoever.
It’s to keep metro people out of regional Victoria unless they have a good reason to travel.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s to keep metro people out of regional Victoria unless they have a good reason to travel.

I know what it's for but it still doesn't make any sense. Even the objective only barely passes the sniff test. It's alright for 5 million people in Melbourne metro to circulate among each other but a few hundred thousand going out of town for the long weekend would a disaster? It's bollocks.

"Sex on premises, brothels and sexually explicit venues: Open to a maximum of 100 people per venue, no more than 50 people indoors. Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies" How does that work, just asking :)

Intothewind

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2 people could be on the edge of their 4m2 and make it work....but mathematically it makes a threesome difficult .
"Sex on premises, brothels and sexually explicit venues: Open to a maximum of 100 people per venue, no more than 50 people indoors. Density quotient of 1 person per 4sqm applies" How does that work, just asking :)

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne

As Paul Newman once said;
" why go out and buy hamburgers when you can have steak at home " ?

As Paul Newman once said;
" why go out and buy hamburgers when you can have steak at home " ?

Or "why go out and get hot & spicy when you can have that plus the whole shebang at home"?

1623221228414.png

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Idiots testing positive after going on a road trip through NSW and QLD for a week and a half, with symptoms since Wednesday, aren't going to help the inter state borders to open again.

Confirmed to be the result of another breach from Victorian hotel quarantine. That's one breach for roughly every 40 positive cases in Vic Hotel quarantine. One in 120 for NSW.

Idiots testing positive after going on a road trip through NSW and QLD for a week and a half, with symptoms since Wednesday, aren't going to help the inter state borders to open again.
They sound like a couple of Bright Sparks. :stern look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back