News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never - but that doesn't mean it can't be done. They would have to have a 'covid plan' like any other business. Limited numbers to space, cleaning regime etc. I don't give a stuff really as I am not a gym person but I am sure it would not be difficult.

And that would work fine, for staffed-gyms with diligent process.

But a huge number of gyms these days are unstaffed 24/7 jobs with literally no way to police those "covid-plans".

As Hearts to hearts mentioned above; blanket-rules aren't made for the best examples, they're made for the worst examples.

I feel a lot of sympathy for owners or gyms or any other places that have invested in making them as safe as possible and seem still to be dragged back by the lowest in their industries. But I also understand why those responsible for public health have to make blanket decisions. Meanwhile, spokespeople for hospitality - which could keep operating throughout, under strict conditions and has just had those conditions substantially relaxed - just keep whining that they should have it easier. Even in Melbourne, a cafe is not essential, and they are in the news every bloody day.

Yeah, I have more of an issue with concessions being given to hospitality (the centre of most of our outbreaks tbh) than I do with gyms not being given those concessions.

But a huge number of gyms these days are unstaffed 24/7 jobs with literally no way to police those "covid-plans".

As Hearts to hearts mentioned above; blanket-rules aren't made for the best examples, they're made for the worst examples.
No staff - no gym. Not hard. Every place that is open relies on the staff being diligent - don't see what this would be any different. Again, don't care really. Just reckon they are being hard done by.

So most of those 24/7 joints everywhere have no staff ? You join and key in ?

So most of those 24/7 joints everywhere have no staff ? You join and key in ?
They have allocated hours which are staffed and all members have a membership fob.

During the last 12 months or so, they had to have a covid marshall and most gyms are spectacularly clean, apart from one large company.

I would suspect the average brothel would be light on record keeping - reckon Patten has just earned her first pay back IMHO. In terms of gyms, the questioning today about which gym the Gov was talking about re risk and past cases did not seem conclusive. Now speculation is it was a 'home gym'.

With compulsory check in and QR code scanning the patronage at brothels might be a little lower than usual.

How many times have you gone to a gym and seen someone who doesn't properly wipe down their equipment after use?
How many times have you gone to a gym and had to get changed in a poorly ventilated change room with 12 other blokes who are having showers/getting changed?
How many times have you gone to a gym and been using equipment next to someone blowing hard because they're pushing out their last reps/last 500m/etc?

Now multiple those risks by the number of people in the gym at one time, and now multiply that by the number of people who access the gym that day.

THAT is why gyms are considered high risk.

How long since you've been to a gym ya fat campaigner?😉

A 52-year-old woman from NSW is dead after presenting with a “severe form” of blood clotting in the brain “likely linked to the AstraZeneca vaccine”.

I am sure she, and her family, will be comforted by the fact there was a low probability that she would have died by taking the vaccine. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS, how as Victoria become a State where silly campaigners hang on every word of shitmen two bit politician??????????????????????????????????????????????/

Oh you know, people fighting for a democracy.

The problem with democracy is we let *******s votes carry the same weight as others. Should be a tiered system, so those that think the Vic Gov have handled this well ony get 0.5 of a vote. Would soon sort this sh*t out.
Should flip it so it's like golf, lowest vote wins, dunno how, but surely the rank and file are becoming intolerantly weary of shiny assed suit wearing w@ankers taking all the jam from our donuts.

Should flip it so it's like golf, lowest vote wins, dunno how, but surely the rank and file are becoming intolerantly weary of shiny assed suit wearing w@ankers taking all the jam from our donuts.

Not gunna lie i am on the edge man, was at the shops and this old campaigner was in front of me, nothing better to do than talk s**t to complete its day. Banged on about how these " circuit breaker " lockdowns are normal now. I wanted to ram it's *en head through the counter top. When did we as Vics sell out?

This is the greatest fiasco I can remember and the majority on here are licking the arse of those that set us up for failure. I've lost a whack of respect for who I thought were free thinkers.

And I admit being a " free thinker ' has landed me in a world of pain lol.

Not gunna lie i am on the edge man, was at the shops and this old campaigner was in front of me, nothing better to do than talk sh*t to complete its day. Banged on about how these " circuit breaker " lockdowns are normal now. I wanted to ram it's fu**en head through the counter top. When did we as Vics sell out?

This is the greatest fiasco I can remember and the majority on here are licking the arse of those that set us up for failure. I've lost a whack of respect for who I thought were free thinkers.

And I admit being a " free thinker ' has landed me in a world of pain lol.
There's a lot of folk out of tolerance. For anything. There's a bloke at work, lets call him a colleague, grabbed the wrong end of a stick this morning, and ripped into another bloke, let's call him my boss. Ended up with something looking like Geoff Boycott trying to make it to stumps at 4:45 with the West Indian pace attack sensing blood. Ended up with my boss quite emotional, and seeking the sanctuary of his office. We are all human, we all have lives with different s**t that we deal with, and all of it is compounded by the crap that we have been served up over the last however long.
1623320835879.png

There's a lot of folk out of tolerance. For anything. There's a bloke at work, lets call him a colleague, grabbed the wrong end of a stick this morning, and ripped into another bloke, let's call him my boss. Ended up with something looking like Geoff Boycott trying to make it to stumps at 4:45 with the West Indian pace attack sensing blood. Ended up with my boss quite emotional, and seeking the sanctuary of his office. We are all human, we all have lives with different sh*t that we deal with, and all of it is compounded by the crap that we have been served up over the last however long.
View attachment 1151854

Rickety, you're the wisest dude on here by a country mile. How you don't win poster of the year is beyond me. And lol to the way your told the story, succinct man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back