News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Val Keating yes they did.

At the Richmond protest there was a woman on the ground struggling and as they walked past her one of the cops casually sprayed her in the face with some pepper spray. It was kind of funny but also very wrong.
I didn't find it funny at all.

I don't know how old she is (i know some have said she was 74 or something - which i doubt). But that shove and then spray was completely unnecessary (as was the sling tackle we saw earlier in the thread). The officer has seen her hit the ground badly and then proceeded to still get her with the spray. She has hit her head on the road which could/may have caused serious damage.

Again, i get that these officers are probably frustrated and angry (and in a lot of instances probably rightfully so) but that just adds fuel to the fire.

It's also not a good look that they sprayed a journalist in the face (in the white, a reporter from the age). That's the sort of s**t you don't want hitting international news.

pepperspray.gif

Last edited:

I don't know how many times people here have told you that you need to be more discerning with your sources, but it seems you haven't learnt.

"The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes medical disinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy."

And then:

AAPS: The Doctors' Group That Hates the Government - The Atlantic

With such gems as:

"One of the AAPS articles that was allegedly suppressed states, “Measles is a vexing problem, and more complete, forced vaccination will likely not solve it.”

and

"Though AAPS often takes positions that are associated with conservative groups, it sometimes goes even further, pushing fringe views that most mainstream conservatives do not endorse, such as the belief that mandatory vaccination is “equivalent to human experimentation” and that Medicare is “evil.” Over the years, the group seems to have coalesced around an ethos of radical self-determination and a belief that mainstream science isn’t always trustworthy. It’s the most curious of medical organizations: a doctors’ interest group that seems more invested in the interests of doctors, rather than public health."

Wonder how many un -vaccinated people went into hospitals today, perhaps they think the doctors and nurses want the extra work? Fair dinkum, time to wake up!

I don't know how old she is (i know some have said she was 74 or something - which i doubt). But that shove and then spray was completely unnecessary (as was the sling tackle we saw earlier in the thread). The officer has seen her hit the ground badly and then proceeded to still get her with the spray. She has hit her head on the road which could/may have caused serious damage.

Again, i get that these officers are probably frustrated and angry (and in a lot of instances probably rightfully so) but that just adds fuel to the fire.

It's also not a good look that they sprayed a journalist in the face (in the white, a reporter from the age). That's the sort of sh*t you don't want hitting international news.

pepperspray.gif

I don't like to see Police use unnecessary force. I think if people are attacking them or resisting then sure, use reasonable force, but people were generally moving away from the Police.

I don't know why the Police kept herding them, they took them for a scenic tour and at some points two different points pushed them between two moving police lines.

If it was an illegal gathering, give them a warning to disperse and then start arresting all of them in as peaceful a manner as you can.

I don't think they should be using pepper spray in general, it is a non-lethal use of force, but it should be reserved for dealing with violent people. Like you wouldn't go around tasing people at random either. You don't want to see that from the Police.

They let a bad problem escalate by allowing the large mob to form. If they started to arrest people, a lot of the dags that were hanging around would have cleared out.

Last edited:
I don't know how many times people here have told you that you need to be more discerning with your sources, but it seems you haven't learnt.

"The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes medical disinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy."

And then:

AAPS: The Doctors' Group That Hates the Government - The Atlantic

With such gems as:

"One of the AAPS articles that was allegedly suppressed states, “Measles is a vexing problem, and more complete, forced vaccination will likely not solve it.”

and

"Though AAPS often takes positions that are associated with conservative groups, it sometimes goes even further, pushing fringe views that most mainstream conservatives do not endorse, such as the belief that mandatory vaccination is “equivalent to human experimentation” and that Medicare is “evil.” Over the years, the group seems to have coalesced around an ethos of radical self-determination and a belief that mainstream science isn’t always trustworthy. It’s the most curious of medical organizations: a doctors’ interest group that seems more invested in the interests of doctors, rather than public health."
It was a simple diagram, taken a whole two seconds to look up, the data is there.. it’s undeniable.
Note that the total number of deaths associated with the COVID-19 vaccines is greater than the number of deaths associated with all other vaccines combined since the year 1990.

Last edited:
I don't like to see Police use unnecessary force. I think if people are attacking them or resisting then sure, use reasonable force, but people were generally moving away from the Police.

I don't know why the Police kept herding them, they took them for a scenic tour and at some points two different points pushed them between two moving police lines.

If it was an illegal gathering, given them a warning to disperse and then start arresting all of them in as peaceful as manner as you can.

I don't think they should be using pepper spray in general, it is a non-lethal use of force, but it should be reserved for dealing with violent people. Like you wouldn't go around tasing people at random either. You don't want to see that from the Police.

They let a bad problem escalate by allowing the large mob to form. If they started to arrest people, a lot of the dags that were hanging around would have cleared out.
You would think the police have a very hard job dealing with these dumb campaigners, I wouldn't think too many people would like to swap jobs with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think the police have a very hard job dealing with these dumb campaigners, I wouldn't think too many people would like to swap jobs with them.

Yeah, I don't envy them... but they signed up for it. I would hope they treat everyone as if they are dealing with a family member, even if they are in the wrong.

Glad to see this young generation playing their part in getting us out of lockdown. They are a smart bunch, smarter than a few here. I’d love to see an antivaxxer go up against a year 12 VCE student who is doing Biology & Chemistry.

Yeah, I don't envy them... but they signed up for it. I would hope they treat everyone as if they are dealing with a family member, even if they are in the wrong.
You wouldn't think in reality that they would treat everyone like a family member, surely just fairly would do? There are a lot of dumb campaigners behaving very badly.

Glad to see this young generation playing their part in getting us out of lockdown. They are a smart bunch, smarter than a few here. I’d love to see an antivaxxer go up against a year 12 VCE student who is doing Biology & Chemistry.

Yeah, I reckon my son doing year 12 Biology might struggle.😁

Yeah, I reckon my son doing year 12 Biology might struggle.😁
No way spider!! To do 1&2 biology in the first place is amazing but to do it in year 12 is even better!

Val Keating yes they did.

It's also not a good look that they sprayed a journalist in the face (in the white, a reporter from the age). That's the sort of sh*t you don't want hitting international news.

pepperspray.gif
I hadn't seen that footage. Not nice.

All good, he doesn't need it anyway. He's decided to become a tradie.

A good tradie, as he's having his 2nd jab tomorrow.
King! He will be making some $$$!! That’s so good, what a legend. People should take notes off of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back