News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And has decided to do nursing at Victoria University next year, and has had his first Pfizer sh*t.
Amazing that at 17 he is more responsible and grown up than the anti-vaxxers, including our very own here.
I heard that VUs block model is very good!! Hope he goes well on his exams!

So far we have had posters wanting unvaxed people to be shot, beaten, denied health care. Calling them selfish. Implying that they are pedos. Wanting them to be second class citizens and pariahs in their own country.

FMD. What the hell have we become ?

If you choose not to get vaccinated then I don't want you or your ilk anywhere near those who think not just of themselves, but all people on this planet, by getting vaccinated. You will not be welcome anywhere if you don't get vaccinated. We don't want you anywhere near us. That is all.

Lol, by the way you campaigners act in this thread, the feeling is well and truly mutual Horace

Good luck with your conditional, terrified existence. Masked & vaxxed for life.

Want to go on holiday...better check the Vax rate first. Sorry, the booster rate...are the French up with their boosters love,? ...hmm, their down 8% on last quarters take up... we'll just remain onboard when she docks in Paris then...we'll have croissants by the pool instead, will give us time to google the latest inoculations...I heard covabax gives you a real pep up, hopefully no runs like that hugmevax we picked up in New York. ....God wasn't that terrifying, so many African Americans, I felt like a tornado having to cross the road so many times to avoid them.

So far we have had posters wanting unvaxed people to be shot, beaten, denied health care. Calling them selfish. Implying that they are pedos. Wanting them to be second class citizens and pariahs in their own country.

And before you start hen pecking me. I'm fully vaccinated . IMO .Its none of my business what other people do.
But we have a bunch of Mrs Jessups and Mrs Mangels in here and i just don't get it
Calm the farm Uncle Harry

Lol, by the way you campaigners act in this thread, the feeling is well and truly mutual Horace

Good luck with your conditional, terrified existence. Masked & vaxxed for life.

Want to go on holiday...better check the Vax rate first. Sorry, the booster rate...are the French up with their boosters love,? ...hmm, their down 8% on last quarters take up... we'll just remain onboard when she docks in Paris then...we'll have croissants by the pool instead, will give us time to google the latest inoculations...I heard covabax gives you a real pep up, hopefully no runs like that hugmevax we picked up in New York. ....God wasn't that terrifying, so many African Americans, I felt like a tornado having to cross the road so many times to avoid them.
Ironic coming from the campaigner too s**t scared to get a needle.

The way I see it is double vax is having your seatbelt clipped in as opposed to dangling it over my shoulder.

Sure I can still be killed or injured with it clipped in but at least I have a better chance than not.

But 1 Vax won't be enough... next it's boosters, then it will be a new Vax, oh, the one produced locally stops transmission so much more better. Oh, no stock of AZ when you need your booster, that's fine, whack in a moderna, go to chemist next time for moderna, sorry, only Pfizer on hand today bud.

The hundreds of millions of people who have acquired natural immunity already are done with covid. Right now, done. Can move on...if their governments allowed them to!

But 1 Vax won't be enough... next it's boosters, then it will be a new Vax, oh, the one produced locally stops transmission so much more better. Oh, no stock of AZ when you need your booster, that's fine, whack in a moderna, go to chemist next time for moderna, sorry, only Pfizer on hand today bud.

The hundreds of millions of people who have acquired natural immunity already are done with covid. Right now, done. Can move on...if their governments allowed them to!

The more than 4.5 million that have died of covid aren't exactly moving on. All those with long covid are struggling to move on. The family members of those that have died are struggling to move on.

We have plenty of instances of reinfection, it's not one and done. Aside from that you have an opportunity to take an injection that will lessen the likelihood of a severe infection by an order of magnitude... Natural immunity requires you to firstly become infected which is a bit of a dice roll if you ask me.

"Kentucky residents who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated (odds ratio [OR] = 2.34; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.58–3.47). These findings suggest that among persons with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, full vaccination provides additional protection against reinfection."

I don't quite get the fear of booster shots, they have existed for a long time- why is this any different?

The more than 4.5 million that have died of covid aren't exactly moving on. All those with long covid are struggling to move on. The family members of those that have died are struggling to move on.

Risk reward for most of the planet does not warrant vaccination.

If your high risk jump on board the pharma junkie circuit, if your low risk, leave us alone.

Why is this such an extreme position.

And before you start hen pecking me. I'm fully vaccinated . IMO .Its none of my business what other people do.
But we have a bunch of Mrs Jessups and Mrs Mangels in here and i just don't get it

Well said , I like your style , I normally wander in a rattle a few cages for a bit .

Funny world the internet , am not sure they’d be this “ old moll “ like in real life.
Pedo’s? Lol . How did that come about , yes I recall the being shot comments and the like . Missed Pedo’s though.

But what gets me rolling is the total lack of accountability from the Andrew’s gov. And how on here 90% have never had a bad word to say about the way this has been handled as far back as early 2020. It will be 2022 soon .
An absolute disaster where all as we’ve heard is Andrew’s blaming everyone else. And yes once we’re some level of freedom I will post about it on here . Also Sutton who is a complete buffoon .
Bur this has taught one thing , I now know why the Labor party is so popular at State level in Vic .
I understand now .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asking this sincerely and without judgement or anger, but people that are so vocal against vaccination, do they honestly think that the world without any COVID safety is possible and the world will return to normal?

You don't want to be vacced, fine, but we need to lockdown so the majority can. And for those that are struggling with lockdowns, we need people vacc'd ASAP.

I'm all for having my mind changed and opened to alternative viewpoints, but I haven't seen any credible evidence that zero covid safety will result in things going back to normal.

I get that people are hesitant about what they put in their bodies, I get that people are wary of the government, I get that people are the end of their tether and over it all, but to ignore that the pandemic isn't serious and doesn't require some sort of action has me flummoxed.

For the record, not advocating anyone be denied healthcare, no matter who you are.

Last edited:

It’s a sad world we live in when people are suggesting that unvaccinated should not get hospital care if needed because it is self inflected apparently.

We could use that logic against people that smoke, drink alcohol are overweight because they can’t control their eating etc etc.

100s of thousands of beds are taken up annually around Australia due to the above controllable diseases.

Based on the logic of some inhumane people on here, hospital care should be denied to lung cancer, liver cancer, colon cancer and diabetic patients. After all they didn’t choose a healthy lifestyle.

P.S. I FORGOT TO ADD IN DRUG ADDICTS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

How’s that any different to what I have done the past 15 years taking a Flu injection?
Or my tetanus?

It’s a sad world we live in when people are suggesting that unvaccinated should not get hospital care if needed because it is self inflected apparently.

We could use that logic against people that smoke, drink alcohol are overweight because they can’t control their eating etc etc.

100s of thousands of beds are taken up annually around Australia due to the above controllable diseases.

Based on the logic of some inhumane people on here, hospital care should be denied to lung cancer, liver cancer, colon cancer and diabetic patients. After all they didn’t choose a healthy lifestyle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There are no vaccines for those things you mention

We have plenty of instances of reinfection, it's not one and done. Aside from that you have an opportunity to take an injection that will lessen the likelihood of a severe infection by an order of magnitude... Natural immunity requires you to firstly become infected which is a bit of a dice roll if you ask me.

"Kentucky residents who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated (odds ratio [OR] = 2.34; 95% confidence interval [CI] = 1.58–3.47). These findings suggest that among persons with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, full vaccination provides additional protection against reinfection."

I don't quite get the fear of booster shots, they have existed for a long time- why is this any different?

Dr. Anthony Fauci said he does not have a "firm answer" about a study implying that naturally acquired immunity is more effective than vaccines at preventing you from reacquiring COVID-19.

CNN's Sanjay Gupta asked if people who have already recovered from COVID-19 should still be required to get the vaccine.

"I don't have a really firm answer for you on that," he said Thursday on CNN.
"I think that is something that we need to sit down and discuss seriously."

You would think this bloke WOULD have a firm answer at this stage of events.

Perhaps he hadn't been fed the spin, or a way to discredit the study yet?

Perhaps he just wants to role ahead with the jab everyone on the planet with total disregard of the risk/reward factor of the individual regardless of any new study that comes to light?

Risk reward for most of the planet does not warrant vaccination.

If your high risk jump on board the pharma junkie circuit, if your low risk, leave us alone.

Why is this such an extreme position.

You clearly have no idea how vaccination works or grammar for that matter.

Sure, if you're younger and healthy then there is a fair chance you will survive even a significant bout of covid, but if enough of you unvaccinated twats clog up our hospital system we will be forced back into lockdown. All because you are too scared to take a vaccine that would reduce your risk of hospitalisation by at least ten times. Some might call that both cowardly and selfish.

Another person I know is in ICU. His organs are failing due to not enough oxygen getting to them. And yes, he is on a ventilator. This guy was on the fence in regards to taking the vax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back