News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne to hit 80% first dose on Tues.

Further easing of restrictions. A blow to the dictatorists.

Further easing ? Is that like swapping out the two foot dildo Dan's got jammed in Melbourne's arse for an 18 inch one ? :p

Now I did find this somewhat interesting as I don't live within 15km's of 'boatable' water. Then the penny dropped silly as a wheel me. Now I'm no prude but heck you'd have thought " boating " would be one of the last exercises reintroduced.

View attachment 1246460

View attachment 1246461

So I expect all to participate in some good old fashioned boating and of course upload pics. Its Dan's want I'd suggest.

Nate7- please don't mate I am joking lol
A little while back the Orthodox folk in Caulfield had a wedding and joked about it being group therapy, I'd also argue attending an orgy is also, group therapy!

Now on the subject of boating, I'm glad you cleared that up as distinct from "motor boating", which I am sure you will search urban dictionary for.

All this talk of boating, I best get down to the yacht club!

He said technically.

Which means it isn't.

But it allows for such language to make its way into the narrative and thus supporting particular mindsets.

Which also leads to others believing it and repeating it.

Repeat and believe. Repeat and believe.

You're taking the piss right.
Everyone knows ferbs prefers firemen!

b8d009425a9e80e72a8ac97bf889565d.jpg

Following the rules. Otherwise I wouldn’t feel comfortable criticising the government at all. I’m doing my bit and can hold my head high knowing that I’ve done everything my country needed me to do. I’ve grown to despise people that break the rules and also criticise the government. I view those people as weak. I have more respect for crooks who’ll break the law but admit they’re crooks.
Why would you have more respect for stupid crooks?

I’m saying that in this regard, anyone who doesn’t participate in flattering the curve but complains about lockdowns are hypocrites. At least gangsters are honest about what they are.
It doesn’t seem hypocritical to me. If u don’t like the rules you don’t follow them. Seems to be what a lot of people are doing. You might not agree with people ignoring the rules but can’t see how it is hypocritical?

I’m saying that in this regard, anyone who doesn’t participate in flattering the curve but complains about lockdowns are hypocrites. At least gangsters are honest about what they are.
Yeah that is a fair point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn’t seem hypocritical to me. If u don’t like the rules you don’t follow them. Seems to be what a lot of people are doing. You might not agree with people ignoring the rules but can’t see how it is hypocritical?

yeah love to know the judgy people on here's current living arrangements. Would be very interested. According to Dan I can see one person and one person only.

My children? No, I of course need to be home before 9:00 o'clock otherwise I assume I turn into a pumpkin. Now there are rules and then there's draconian measures. I had decided a few weeks back to say * you and * your rules. My mental state has thanked me for my decision.

i have a lovely lady coming to cook me dinner tonight, I cannot wait has been awhile since that happened. Also the amount of lonely women crying themselves to sleep most nights may shock a few on here. A *en harsh bunch the BF posters I'll give them that.

And FYI Dan is an absolute heartless campaigner !

Following the rules. Otherwise I wouldn’t feel comfortable criticising the government at all. I’m doing my bit and can hold my head high knowing that I’ve done everything my country needed me to do. I’ve grown to despise people that break the rules and also criticise the government. I view those people as weak. I have more respect for crooks who’ll break the law but admit they’re crooks.
It’s like people that advocate to open up but won’t get the jab and contribute to helping us get out, like make it make sense 🙄

yeah love to know the judgy people on here's current living arrangements. Would be very interested. According to Dan I can see one person and one person only.

My children? No, I of course need to be home before 9:00 o'clock otherwise I assume I turn into a pumpkin. Now there are rules and then there's draconian measures. I had decided a few weeks back to say fu** you and fu** your rules. My mental state has thanked me for my decision.

i have a lovely lady coming to cook me dinner tonight, I cannot wait has been awhile since that happened. Also the amount of lonely women crying themselves to sleep most nights may shock a few on here. A fu**en harsh bunch the BF posters I'll give them that.

And FYI Dan is an absolute heartless campaigner !
I feel for you but can't agree with you at all. You're not the only one doing it tough.

Try living with two kids aged 3 and 1, both of us working full time at home and no other support.

It's ******* groundhog day and relentless from before 6am until around 9pm every single ******* day.

Try explaining to the three year old why her third birthday party had to be cancelled and why she can't see her grandmothers.

My Dad died last year but we haven't been able to lay him to rest because we'll be burying him with my sister in NSW. His ashes are in an urn at my mum's place.

My mum lives alone in regional Vic so it's been so hard to see her since the loss of Dad.

I miss my mates, I miss footy, I miss live gigs, I miss lunches, brunches and dinners, I miss just being able to go to Bunnings to grab that one thing to complete a job... The list goes on and on.

Everyone is doing it tough.

And I'm sick to death and ******* angry at the selfish pricks who don't abide by the restrictions, who protest, who spread misinformation about vaccination and who hide behind "freedom" and "rights" but ignore responsibilities to the rest of the community because every single one of these campaigners is making it harder for the rest of us to get out of this infernal lock down.

Last edited:
I feel for you but can't agree with you at all. You're not the only one doing it tough.

Try living with two kids aged 3 and 1, both of us working full time at home and no other support.

It's ******* groundhog day and relentless from before 6am until around 9pm every single ******* day.

Try explaining to the three year old why her third birthday party had to be cancelled and why she can't see her grandmothers.

My Dad died last year but we haven't been able to lay him to rest because we'll be burying him with my sister in NSW. His ashes are in an urn at my mum's place.

My mum lives alone in regional Vic so it's been so hard to see her since the loss of Dad.

I miss my mates, I miss footy, I miss live gigs, I miss lunches, brunches and dinners, I miss just being able to go to Bunnings to grab that one thing to complete a job... The list goes on and on.

And I'm sick to death and ******* angry at the selfish picks who don't abide by the restrictions, who protest, who spread misinformation about vaccination and who hide behind "freedom" and "rights" but ignore responsibilities to the rest of the community because every single one of these campaigners is making it harder for the rest of us to get out of this infernal lock down.
Well said BS, hope you are okay and we will get out of this soon 🤞🏻

And I'm sick to death and ******* angry at the selfish picks who don't abide by the restrictions, who protest, who spread misinformation about vaccination and who hide behind "freedom" and "rights" but ignore responsibilities to the rest of the community because every single one of these campaigners is making it harder for the rest of us to get out of this infernal lock down.
Knocked it out of the park mate.

1632659999367.png

I'm in the Yarra Ranges- you??, then we can chat about "selfish pricks".

It's not a contest about one type of hardship versus another. People are doing it tough in different ways. There is a fair chasm between people doing it tough and feeling their mental health ebb away and the idiots you are talking about. What I see in the people that I talk to is that people that are genuinely responsible and have abided by almost all of the lockdown regulations for 270 plus days in the last 18 months are saying enough is enough and that they just can't do it anymore.

Many of the regulations seem arbitrary and even punitive, and because none of the medical advice is ever actually released the Premier can hide behind that as a blanket statement without ever having to justify what they are doing. I don't know how anyone could have watched/listen to Andrews claim he didn't have to justify putting a 9.00 pm curfew on Melburnians and not be furious. He is taking away a basic human right, to be able to leave our homes at the times of our choosing, and has never been able to point to exactly who in the administration requested it and on what medical or scientific advice it is based on. The playground ban and other actions seemed like ridiculous state overreach with no real evidence to support their imposition.

What I see is that people who genuinely believe that Covid is serious, that minimising cases was the right thing to do, that have rolled up their sleeves for a vaccine at the earliest possible opportunity, and have largely cut themselves off from society for a year and a half, are saying enough is enough and that they have done their share. They feel especially aggrieved at selfish pricks that refuse to get vaccinated and are holding us back from getting back to some kind of normal, at those that roam around refusing to wear masks and attending big family gatherings and religious ceremonies. I see people looking at the disparities in case numbers between Hume (2,962 active cases and very low vaxx rates) and where they live (27 active cases in my LGA and close to double the fully vaxxed rate) and think * you Hume.

I see people who have done the right thing looking at a long list of arbitrary restrictions on our freedoms, that are not really enforced and deciding which ones matter and which ones they feel don't really do anything. In some sense, they are creating a double vaxxed club, if you will, and creating a set of privileges that get shared only among those that have had both shots. We also have a sense that the anit-vaxxers and residents of Hume have been ignoring the guidelines from day 1. They will now have people visit their homes, share a glass of wine with a friend at a picnic, travel beyond the 10km limit, shop multiple times a day, and sometimes with a second member of their household. These are all very normal human things to do.

If you haven't been in a situation where you have found your own resilience and mental health slipping away in the last few months, I would ask please be patient with those of us that have. One person's "selfish action" can be another's act of self-preservation.

So... can someone who is more knowledgeable than I am help me out here... We have a family friend who is, and I quote "Not anti-vax, but will only take the/a subunit COVID vaccine".

I googled it and I'm just as confused as I was before I googled.

Is this "subunit" thingamajig realistic (within a decent period of time), or a pipe-dream/excuse to not get vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back