News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've seen anti vax nutters sharing around a world economic forum post from July that mentions b.1.1.529

They don't seem to realise that it's been edited since it was posted.

In anticipation of an attempted gotcha by smoocher, here's the original story as it appeared in July.

Shocked to be sitting here that a coronavirus has mutated and the vaccine might not work. That’s why we can’t vaccinate the cold. It’s the same type of virus. Obviously this one is more serious then the common cold but the only way this is over is once it mutates like the Spanish flu and becomes less deadly.

I’m not saying don’t get vaccinated, 100% get vaxxed and boosters, but until this thing runs it’s course, like the Spanish flu and everyone gets it, it’s going to be an issue. Evolutionary biologists like Bret Weinstein have been saying this for ages.

Shocked to be sitting here that a coronavirus has mutated and the vaccine might not work. That’s why we can’t vaccinate the cold. It’s the same type of virus. Obviously this one is more serious then the common cold but the only way this is over is once it mutates like the Spanish flu and becomes less deadly.

I’m not saying don’t get vaccinated, 100% get vaxxed and boosters, but until this thing runs it’s course, like the Spanish flu and everyone gets it, it’s going to be an issue. Evolutionary biologists like Bret Weinstein have been saying this for ages.
Yep, at some point, we will all get it and it will just have to be added to what is effectively, another variant of influenza/SARS virus type that we have to live with.

Getting the vax gives us every chance to keep ourselves at very low risk of hospitalisation and it aids those that are simply more vulnerable than most peers in their young years.

It is as simple as that. I want to see our footy club in front of 100 000 people one day.

For the muppets that say “government would never do that”.

They stopped thousands of patients from receiving cancer treatments during lockdown.

Let that sink in.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

There will always be another variant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the muppets that say “government would never do that”.

They stopped thousands of patients from receiving cancer treatments during lockdown.

Let that sink in.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

There will always be another variant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course there will but with each mutation it’ll lose potency. It’s pure evolution at work.

Yep, at some point, we will all get it and it will just have to be added to what is effectively, another variant of influenza/SARS virus type that we have to live with.

Getting the vax gives us every chance to keep ourselves at very low risk of hospitalisation and it aids those that are simply more vulnerable than most peers in their young years.

It is as simple as that. I want to see our footy club in front of 100 000 people one day.
I would be happy in front of 100 in 2022

Are these protests getting bigger, or is the media just deciding to give them a better hearing?
Some of it is media as per Murdoch media typical agenda, the other is more people basically protesting for something that emotionally influences them without considering logical factors.

People need to understand that you can go to the pub and go see mates. I'm on a holiday right now but apparently I'm being oppressed?!

Some of it is media as per Murdoch media typical agenda, the other is more people basically protesting for something that emotionally influences them without considering logical factors.

People need to understand that you can go to the pub and go see mates. I'm on a holiday right now but apparently I'm being oppressed?!
Isn't it more about opposition to the segregation of the unvaccinated?

Hard to understand the genuine message in any protest. It's not the Murdoch media though. The Age was certainly picking up on the party vibe

Caroline Wilson struck down with Covid

Footy journalist Caroline Wilson and her family have caught Covid while on holiday in Amsterdam. The footy journalist tells of “fevers, dehydration, the worst headaches and aching bones”.

Oh I’d have put the smart money on her catching swine flu . Anyways hoping she recovers. I want her fit an healthy to enjoy our climb back up the ladder .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back