News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
**MOD NOTICE**

For the most part, discussion in this thread has been pretty robust but respectful. We understand that the lockdowns affecting where you can go and who you can see are upsetting and frustrating. Please continue to treat your fellow North posters with respect both in this thread and anywhere else on the board. If you encounter content you believe is objectionable, please use the report button to alert us.

This thread has been rolled over into Part IV after reaching 10K posts in Part III. If you would like to go back and read Part III, the link is here:

Thanks and if you have any questions please PM a member of the mod team.

I literally just addressed the peninsulas. It’s not current politics, it’s historical decisions.

Given that it's usually better for councils to be reclassified as Metro...by the logic in this thread, does this mean that the decisions to retain/include some of these areas as Metro LGAs was a conspiracy to get the LNP voting areas now unfortunately classified as Metro some of that sweet sweet $$$?

Last edited by a moderator:

Won’t be long before these arrogant, entitled scumbags cry their usual ready made anti-semitism excuses…my blood is boiling with these complete arseholes. They aren’t stupid nor are desperate paycheque to paycheque workers doing the wrong thing. The authorities simply cannot let them dictate proceedings and outcomes here otherwise it’s a massive slap in the face for the millions doing the right thing.
You can see why they think that when other ethnic groups don't get the same treatment. Eg the Afghans last year that weren't even fined and Brett Sutton apologised in Pashto.......

View attachment 1208109

Monbulk known for its jam, Firitto's and spuds. 7 dogs , 3 cats and that's about it. Welcome to metropolitan Melbourne.
This is the federal government heath workforce locator, which is used to determine funding for non metro regions:

You will see that even the federal government considers it metro for their purposes.

Really? Get a grip, this isn't about the politics of the other, it's about public health.
Really? Get a grip, this isn't about the politics of the other, it's about public health.
Its just about votes. Orthodox Jews in the inner East aren't going to vote for Dan but the Afghans in Casey probably will. Hence one group gets fined and ther other gets no fines and an apology. Both groups broke Coronavirus rules.

The problem is there will be a very small amount of anti Semitic people out there that will attack them in that way and it gives it validation.
The very fact their religion is such a prominent part of much discussion about their actions gives it a great deal of validity imop.

After all, if it was an engagement party held by people with a Christian background, most people would find it possible to vent their frustration without once mentioning their religion.

Hate to say it, but a lot of dog whistling going on.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Peninsula is heavily populated hence why I'd never suggest Belgrave where I live is Regional. Those places I mentioned are like many a country town spread across our state.

Anyways I believe all of Vic should be in lockdown.
Why should country areas that have never had COVID be in any form of lockdown?

The very fact their religion is such a prominent part of much discussion about their actions gives it a great deal of validity imop.

After all, if it was an engagement party held by people with a Christian background, most people would find it possible to vent their frustration without once mentioning their religion.

Hate to say it, but a lot of dog whistling going on.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Being Jewish isn’t just a religion. They are a people. There’s even atheist Jews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe that people are blaming each other and the people in their own community.

It's happening. We gotta live our lives.
Couldn't agree more. This zero Covid policy is madness. The idea that you can stop spread via restrictions and then just blame/villify other people for breaking restrictions as the reason that we can't get to zero Covid. Government actively encouraging people to inform on their neighbours like the Stasi used to do. Now that the vulnerable and over 75's are fully vaccinated, mortality rate for this disease is akin to influenza. Hence why heaps of people died in Melbourne last year but hardly any dying in Sydney this year. Yet here we are living under a health dictatorship. Curfew 5 km travel limit, not allowed to see friends or family or even intimate partners after curfew. Can't even leave your house to work without a permit.

Couldn't agree more. This zero Covid policy is madness. The idea that you can stop spread via restrictions and then just blame/villify other people for breaking restrictions as the reason that we can't get to zero Covid. Government actively encouraging people to inform on their neighbours like the Stasi used to do. Now that the vulnerable and over 75's are fully vaccinated, mortality rate for this disease is akin to influenza. Hence why heaps of people died in Melbourne last year but hardly any dying in Sydney this year. Yet here we are living under a health dictatorship. Curfew 5 km travel limit, not allowed to see friends or family or even intimate partners after curfew. Can't even leave your house to work without a permit.

it's way more contagious than a flu. letting it infect people uncontrolled will lead to new mutations popping up all the time (that's how we got the delta variant) many of which will have evolved to make the vaccine redundant. there's also the fact that many people survive but with permanent impact to their health i.e. lung scarring and brain damage. only way to ensure that it goes away for good is to contain outbreaks with lockdowns and get everyone vaccinated.

The audacity of the groom's mother to ask the public to express forgiveness? WOW.

There's an accidental breach, and then there's a malicious breach. This was malicious and they are all deservedly accountable.

Engagement or not, family time or not. These idiots have now probably forced multiple CONTACTS into quarantine (no job income and reliant on family members to help out) and we could very well be in real trouble.

I've done quarantine personally, and it's s**t. The worst. I don't want it to happen to anyone else but yet it seems it'll happen to those that don't deserve it.

What a shame. Embarrassing.

I guess it takes a special kind of arrogance and stupidity to ignore what literally will help the state exit this mess.

Anyways I believe all of Vic should be in lockdown.

Because there have been a few Mr Hanky’s bobbing about?

Yeh I am all for it if cases appear, but atm we are doing fine as is and whilst I sympathise, as long as there isn’t an outbreak, why?

The audacity of the groom's mother to ask the public to express forgiveness? WOW.

There's an accidental breach, and then there's a malicious breach. This was malicious and they are all deservedly accountable.

Engagement or not, family time or not. These idiots have now probably forced multiple CONTACTS into quarantine (no job income and reliant on family members to help out) and we could very well be in real trouble.

I've done quarantine personally, and it's sh*t. The worst. I don't want it to happen to anyone else but yet it seems it'll happen to those that don't deserve it.

What a shame. Embarrassing.
It pisses me off.

My father in law passed away a week ago and the family has not been able to get together to consol each other. Cremation this week and the partners of his 7 kids can't be there despite knowing and loving him for 16 to 24 years. Heaps of other family and friends can't be there.

But these pricks flaunt rules then feign remorse. Get ****ed.

it's way more contagious than a flu. letting it infect people uncontrolled will lead to new mutations popping up all the time (that's how we got the delta variant) many of which will have evolved to make the vaccine redundant. there's also the fact that many people survive but with permanent impact to their health i.e. lung scarring and brain damage. only way to ensure that it goes away for good is to contain outbreaks with lockdowns and get everyone vaccinated.
Couldn't agree more. Cases transmission and deaths still occur when 70% of the population are vaccinated. Eg UK on Freedom Day were averaging 55k cases and 40 deaths a day despite 70% double vaccinated. Same thing in Israel. The only way to prevent deaths is to keep up the current approach for good.

It pisses me off.

My father in law passed away a week ago and the family has not been able to get together to consol each other. Cremation this week and the partners of his 7 kids can't be there despite knowing and loving him for 16 to 24 years. Heaps of other family and friends can't be there.

But these pricks flaunt rules then feign remorse. Get f’ed.

very sorry to hear that. i hope your family can get together soon

It pisses me off.

Sending condolences to you and your family xxx

It pisses me off.

Man thats rough... sorry to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back