News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday we found out there were Covid traces found in our sh*t around home

All day there have been rumours of Tier 1 exposure sites, now South West Healthcare have put this notice out. No word on the exposure sites yet though. Looks like it's back into lockdown for us.
View attachment 1244887

From a very trusted source I have heard its only a matter of time and the Warrnambool Base Hospital is going to be under the pump dealing with an outbreak of covid.

From a very trusted source I have heard its only a matter of time and the Warrnambool Base Hospital is going to be under the pump dealing with an outbreak of covid.

Lots of small town rumours everywhere. My son came home from work today saying someone had it and went to Bunnings.

They've put up 33 exposure sites from Camperdown, Terang and Warrnambool. No Bunnings though. Seems like someone caught a bus from Camperdown and went shopping in the main drag last Saturday.

Unfortunately we have very little in the way of detail, apart from the listings. Suppose that it will come out in the next couple of days.

Luckily for us though, we have one of the highest vaccination take up in the state.

Think we're up to 85% of eligible people who've had their 1st jab, and judging by the amount of people at the vacc centre this morning when my son got his 2nd jab it's still climbing.

ferball more of your favourite people. Although I've seen Adam Goodes do worse and get off

adam-goodes.gif
??

Let me just knee you in the spine sir.
Who are my favorite people?

I dunno what is going on there but it doesn't look good.

I feel like we’re moving into a new phase with the whole covid thing. Those that can and want to will get vaccinated those that can’t or don’t won’t and we’ll see what happens from there. I think we will all quietly become resigned to the likelihood we will catch covid or someone close to us will and we will ride it out and hope the vaccine protects us and our loved ones enough to avoid tragedy. Society will open up and mask wearing and social distancing is going to be a thing for a long time but life as normal as it can get will go on. Soon we’ll be travelling to see our friends and relatives interstate and overseas, staycations will be our least favourite holiday and we will attend every game north plays that we possibly can. Birthday parties and Christmas will feel more special and when we are together with friends and family life will have a poignancy that will make everything feel fresh. To the future comrades may you fare well 😘

Really sad thread this and some extraordinarily lack of humanity at times.

Lock it up for a while mods. This discussion has become a toxic interaction that promotes nothing more than discord and division at the minute. Nobody benefits.

This isn't a call to end discussion, it's a call for a breather on a shitfight.

Twinkletoes King Corey The Filth Wizard Flawed Genius

I get the sentiment Grogg but history has shown that shutting the one dedicated thread to the overwhelming topic of the day just leads to the chat leaking into multiple other threads.

I asked that people of both sides consider they’re talking among their fellow North flock before using ill considered language and terms.

We’re all sick of this crap and a bit of empathy can go a long way.

Hell, I’m in the most vulnerable 1a classed group myself and I’ve found out only this week that my mum has breast cancer, so I have a major stake in this game.

I generally choose to avoid posting in this thread as nothing positive can come from going postal over views I vehemently disagree with.

If people could just try to be more compassionate before posting I’m sure the discourse will be more palatable for all who are reading.

We’re all Northerners FFS.

When’s the first praccy match?

I feel like we’re moving into a new phase with the whole covid thing. Those that can and want to will get vaccinated those that can’t or don’t won’t and we’ll see what happens from there. I think we will all quietly become resigned to the likelihood we will catch covid or someone close to us will and we will ride it out and hope the vaccine protects us and our loved ones enough to avoid tragedy. Society will open up and mask wearing and social distancing is going to be a thing for a long time but life as normal as it can get will go on. Soon we’ll be travelling to see our friends and relatives interstate and overseas, staycations will be our least favourite holiday and we will attend every game north plays that we possibly can. Birthday parties and Christmas will feel more special and when we are together with friends and family life will have a poignancy that will make everything feel fresh. To the future comrades may you fare well 😘

Yes there was a look of horror the other night when I announced that we were all likely to get it at some stage.

But it was a different look of horror to the one I saw when we were watching Italy in April 2020 on the news.

I get the sentiment Grogg but history has shown that shutting the one dedicated thread to the overwhelming topic of the day just leads to the chat leaking into multiple other threads.

I asked that people of both sides consider they’re talking among their fellow North flock before using ill considered language and terms.

We’re all sick of this crap and a bit of empathy can go a long way.

Hell, I’m in the most vulnerable 1a classed group myself and I’ve found out only this week that my mum has breast cancer, so I have a major stake in this game.

I generally choose to avoid posting in this thread as nothing positive can come from going postal over views I vehemently disagree with.

If people could just try to be more compassionate before posting I’m sure the discourse will be more palatable for all who are reading.

We’re all Northerners FFS.

When’s the first praccy match?
Sorry about your mum, TT. Hope she is able to get treatment ASAP and be on the road to recovery. Upside is how far detection and treatment and care has come - although having said that, my mum got it more than 20 years ago and also recovered really well. In fact she got through it so well she regularly forgets it happened, even before she started getting generally forgetful, and despite having had a full mastectomy! (I guess that goes with Horace‘s point about the stoicism of previous generations too.)

Also agree on the thread. Mostly I find it a helpful place to gather and share news (both mass circulation and personal), see data unpacked, and hear a range of mostly pretty well-considered views. Some people go over the edge (in my eyes) sometimes, but that happens in pretty much every thread on here, and I can take a break or ignore posters any time I want to. My usual intersections with people I don’t love with having been restricted for sooooo long, I probably rely on this place for general chat rather than mostly footy chat more than ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And so it begins.

WA upgrading Victoria to extreme risk.

I’m telling you know that season 2022 is a pipe dream.

It won’t happen unless every club and the Players association agrees to a hub starting round 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And so it begins.

WA upgrading Victoria to extreme risk.

I’m telling you know that season 2022 is a pipe dream.

It won’t happen unless every club and the Players association agrees to a hub starting round 1.

No way. That’s more then enough time to get enough people vaxxed.

True, but ol mate in WA will do what he wants.

There no doubt that when we open up there will be cases everywhere and we'll be able to do what we want within reason in Vic but McGowan isn't going to let everyone into WA, despite the so called "National Plan"

He's succeeded in keeping WA covid free and if that changes due to interstate travellers the s**t will hit the fan for him

Australia will definitely be at 85-90% fully vat Ed by then.

Sadly I don’t think that will make a difference as the other states are adamant they don’t want any virus let in regardless.

Qld yesterday also put a dampener on Xmas hopes on anyone from NSW or Victoria.

Modelling shows Vic will be at several thousand daily cases around the beginning of season 2022.

I said it yesterday. Regional will be closed come Xmas time. No need to plan any holidays.

There no doubt that when we open up there will be cases everywhere and we'll be able to do what we want within reason in Vic but McGowan isn't going to let everyone into WA, despite the so called "National Plan"

He's succeeded in keeping WA covid free and if that changes due to interstate travellers the sh*t will hit the fan for him

And this is what happens when people follow govt draconian rules without question.

He's succeeded in keeping WA covid free and if that changes due to interstate travellers the sh*t will hit the fan for him

It’s a depressing thought that this could effect the 2022 season.

Australia will definitely be at 85-90% fully vat Ed by then.

Sadly I don’t think that will make a difference as the other states are adamant they don’t want any virus let in regardless.

Qld yesterday also put a dampener on Xmas hopes on anyone from NSW or Victoria.

Modelling shows Vic will be at several thousand daily cases around the beginning of season 2022.

I said it yesterday. Regional will be closed come Xmas time. No need to plan any holidays.

If we get the vax number up case numbers don’t matter. Only need to look at hospitalisation percentage. Otherwise what’s the point?

It’s a depressing thought that this could effect the 2022 season.

If we get the vax number up case numbers don’t matter. Only need to look at hospitalisation percentage. Otherwise what’s the point?

Yeah, by virtue of the roadmap, we've conceded the genie is out of the bottle, case numbers are just going to be more depressing.

As for WA (and really all the premier shitfighting) I think it shows how fractured the country is at state level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back