News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel you are in a position where you would still have a lot to learn from mere idiots. A step up the rung if you will.
A step up? You didn't even know where the thread you are posting in is located.

It seems to me your response to anything about covid is to reflexively parrot some "party" line or other orthodoxy without considering the position you are criticising.

The Covid vaccines are the most studied and scrutinized medications in history.

And this has been done in the open like no drug development ever.

So how do you rate the response of Pfizer to the accusations about the terrible science in the Ventavia trial the BJM reported on? It appears from the outside that the scrutiny you claim exists was absent from that case. Instead it looks like Pfizer rewarded Ventavia with more contracts because it was able to deliver "satisfactory" (from PFizer's pov in terms of meeting regulatory requirements) results despite the problems associated with it. Instead of slowing Pfizer's approval process while that section of the trial was re done. To me this deosn't seem like appropriate scrutiny, ie 12 months later an investigation in a prestigious medical journal has to draw attention to this failure. It seems more like marketing is more important than proper science in this case.

You could compare this to another COVID vaccine. CHAD's vaccine (ie the AstraZenaca/Oxford one) where at least we saw public acknowledgement of an issue and a complete halt to the trial until it was sorted out. Definitely scrutiny, and the process appears to have happened in the open.

However...

There are claims from people suffering mRNA vaccine injuries that its incredibly hard to get support or even acknowledgement of the injury. To the point where recently a high profile vaccine injury victim, Kyle Warner (a former mountain biker and US enduro champion) recently reported the suicide of six members of the support group he is involved with. That's six deaths, most likely as a result of vaccination that won't be attributed to vaccination.

It seems at this point there isn't enough scrutiny, certainly there doesn't seem to be enough scrutiny of the regulatory processes around the vaccination. And if people with adverse reactions are reportedly finding it hard to have medical personel take them seriously then the scrutiny you claim is there obviously isn't. (Warner was diagnosed with psychosis when he first reported his heart issues because the ER doctor thought the vaccines were "completely safe", it took better doctors and a cardiologist to take him at his word.)

Feel free to edjumacate this sub-idiot on why the stuff I've just mentioned is okay.

Just4Kicks

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
1.FC Cologne
A step up? You didn't even know where the thread you are posting in is located.

It seems to me your response to anything about covid is to reflexively parrot some "party" line or other orthodoxy without considering the position you are criticising.

So how do you rate the response of Pfizer to the accusations about the terrible science in the Ventavia trial the BJM reported on? It appears from the outside that the scrutiny you claim exists was absent from that case. Instead it looks like Pfizer rewarded Ventavia with more contracts because it was able to deliver "satisfactory" (from PFizer's pov in terms of meeting regulatory requirements) results despite the problems associated with it. Instead of slowing Pfizer's approval process while that section of the trial was re done. To me this deosn't seem like appropriate scrutiny, ie 12 months later an investigation in a prestigious medical journal has to draw attention to this failure. It seems more like marketing is more important than proper science in this case.

You could compare this to another COVID vaccine. CHAD's vaccine (ie the AstraZenaca/Oxford one) where at least we saw public acknowledgement of an issue and a complete halt to the trial until it was sorted out. Definitely scrutiny, and the process appears to have happened in the open.

However...

There are claims from people suffering mRNA vaccine injuries that its incredibly hard to get support or even acknowledgement of the injury. To the point where recently a high profile vaccine injury victim, Kyle Warner (a former mountain biker and US enduro champion) recently reported the suicide of six members of the support group he is involved with. That's six deaths, most likely as a result of vaccination that won't be attributed to vaccination.

It seems at this point there isn't enough scrutiny, certainly there doesn't seem to be enough scrutiny of the regulatory processes around the vaccination. And if people with adverse reactions are reportedly finding it hard to have medical personel take them seriously then the scrutiny you claim is there obviously isn't. (Warner was diagnosed with psychosis when he first reported his heart issues because the ER doctor thought the vaccines were "completely safe", it took better doctors and a cardiologist to take him at his word.)

Feel free to edjumacate this sub-idiot on why the stuff I've just mentioned is okay.

How exactly did the vaccine lead to the suicides? How many case of "vaccine injury" (very loaded term) are we talking? How many of those cases of myocarditis actually lead to long term health problems? A lot of fear mongering, not a lot of facts.

Weird take. This isn’t a club thing, and maybe other boards don’t have a thread to share news and opinions about the pandemic. Like the * sympathy thread, I’d have thought all welcome to discuss a universal topic of concern.

I generally prefer to leave the moderating to the moderators. If they think someone is out of line or not welcome, I am sure they will intervene.

As far as I am aware, unless someone is being disrespectful any thread is open for anyone unless specifically stated no outsiders welcome... unless there has been a policy change I am unaware of.

How exactly did the vaccine lead to the suicides? How many case of "vaccine injury" (very loaded term) are we talking? How many of those cases of myocarditis actually lead to long term health problems? A lot of fear mongering, not a lot of facts.
I dunno. There is a group called REACT-19 that does support for people vaccine injury in the US. Keep in mind with myo/periparditis even if the Pfizer claims of 2-5 extra cases per 100,000 are accurate that means in the US that is 6 - 15 thousand people who are potentially gonna get that issue from 300 million people getting vaccinated.

That is a low number, unless you are one of those people.

Anyway following one person (the guy I mentioned above, Kyle Walker) with this situation and seeing the stress they are under and taking what they say on face value then its no surprise to me that people might become suicidal. If you want to know the pathway of vaccine leading to suicide then its pretty simple.

Get vaccinated.

Have a serious adverse reaction.

Have trouble getting medical support.

Everyone else the person talk to reacts like you just did and aggressively assumes its all bullshit.

So it appears the NT government is loading a bunch of COVID positive blackfellas and close contacts onto army trucks to ship them from the remote communities they live in to quarantine camps around Alice Springs.

I really hope they are responding to a request from the communities or at least asked first.

So it appears the NT government is loading a bunch of COVID positive blackfellas and close contacts onto army trucks to ship them from the remote communities they live in to quarantine camps around Alice Springs.

I really hope they are responding to a request from the communities or at least asked first.

I’ve been arguing with right wing Americans about this. They don’t have a ******* clue.

And the quarantine camp is in Howard Springs, just outside of Darwin.

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
Surely the parents that will be giving 5-12 year old children a jab will be prosecuted for child abuse.

The least affected age group being led by the people that supposedly love them to get a jab.

What next? Jab newborns as they are delivered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surely the parents that will be giving 5-12 year old children a jab will be prosecuted for child abuse.

The least affected age group being led by the people that supposedly love them to get a jab.

What next? Jab newborns as they are delivered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's hilarious, good one! Imagine a world where newborn babies are vaccinated just after birth!

So what is the story?

There has been a Covid outbreak in one of the communities near Katherine. A 78 yo lady is in RDH and 38 close contacts have been moved to quarantine.

Australia is becoming Nazi Germany because we are housing people in air conditioned dongers and giving them 3 meals a day.

And because it was the Army that transported them, it was actually 20 ADF personnel, idiots are freaking out over it.

It’s cruel to take them 300 kms from their homes and should have built a facility down there, which is ridiculous for many reasons, one of which is that it would take a few weeks to build, also if they were in quarantine down there, they would still be locked down and the facility would still have to be manned by ADF and AFP personnel.

DA04A7A1-5E22-419B-82C9-FF0EB707AB7A.png

OMG! Are you saying that babies are already getting vaccinations?! Do their parents know?!!!!
Can I sue my parents because I didn’t consent to myself being born? Should they go to jail for child abuse for birthing me in this bad world?

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can I sue my parents because I didn’t consent to myself being born? Should they go to jail for child abuse for birthing me in this bad world?
Pfft you shoulda been like me mate and come out of the womb wearing wraparound sunnies and reading facebook. My first word was 'freedom'.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All you guys keep getting sucked in by him.

If you haven't figured it out, his m.o is to come in, make 1 ridiculous statement then piss off while everyone points out what a douche he is.

I think it's he's only interaction with the world.

And now I'm a dickhead too for commenting on it.

If you haven't figured it out, his m.o is to come in, make 1 ridiculous statement then piss off while everyone points out what a douche he is.

They aren't a legit source of medical info?! Well FM :tearsofjoy:

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I think he is secretly a female left-wing feminist that views posting stuff that is a caricature of a reactionary right-winger as performance art.

There has been a Covid outbreak in one of the communities near Katherine. A 78 yo lady is in RDH and 38 close contacts have been moved to quarantine.

Australia is becoming Nazi Germany because we are housing people in air conditioned dongers and giving them 3 meals a day.

And because it was the Army that transported them, it was actually 20 ADF personnel, idiots are freaking out over it.

It’s cruel to take them 300 kms from their homes and should have built a facility down there, which is ridiculous for many reasons, one of which is that it would take a few weeks to build, also if they were in quarantine down there, they would still be locked down and the facility would still have to be manned by ADF and AFP personnel.
Its interesting that these two communities are being described as having "the hardest lockdowns in Australia". That certainly hasn't happened in white communities yet. But politicians in the NT have a hard on for showing the blackfellas up there who's boss.

As far as the quarantine thing goes my only judgement on that is whether the community asked for it or had no option.

Gunner is a campaigner afaic. His crack down on bail for kids is pretty ****ed. I wouldn't put it past him to act in a paternalistic, authoritarian manner while ignoring the feedback of the local blackfellas. Its the sort of thing he has done regularly when dealing with covid so far or kids in detention.

So if the people from those communities are cool with being moved to Howard Springs and requested it then fine.

It'll be interesting to hear what comes out of this.

Well it’s obvious to me that the campaigners bitching about it don’t actually give a * about indigenous Australians, they are just using this to suit their narrative. In 6 months time they won’t give a flying *!

Some of our Olympic team had to spend two weeks there. Did anyone say anything?

The campaigners who are usually anti-BLM are suddenly ILM.

They aren’t being moved there because they are black and the NT/Australian government is trying to exterminate them.

They are moved there because everyone regardless of race, gender etc is moved there if you are a close contact with a positive Covid case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back