News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The suppression of scientific debate on the true risks and benefits of vaccines is being controlled by the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Association (AHPRA) and the corporate-sponsored mainstream media. This board for medical regulation is preventing medical doctors from discussing all the medical literature on the risks of vaccines by labelling these risks as “anti-vaccination” material. The same strategy is used by the media to influence public behaviour on vaccines.
Talking to you about vaccinations is like a creationist insisting the intelligent design is a viable scientific proposition.

867 today and 140 missed on yesterday's tally - WTF?
I'm a supporter of the public health strategy, lockdowns, vaccine etc etc, but there's something systemically wrong in Victoria. I previously posted my tier 2 exposure on 4 Sept, and I only got notified on 12 Sept, so if that's the test and trace standard, the upward slope of the graph can't be any surprise. The data adjustments (failures?) that you rightly query over the last few days only confirm suspicions that all is not well

I'm a supporter of the public health strategy, lockdowns, vaccine etc etc, but there's something systemically wrong in Victoria. I previously posted my tier 2 exposure on 4 Sept, and I only got notified on 12 Sept, so if that's the test and trace standard, the upward slope of the graph can't be any surprise. The data adjustments (failures?) that you rightly query over the last few days only confirm suspicions that all is not well
You see me whinge about public/private partnerships all the time but how often are they responsible for this sort of stuff?

Didn't they employ a US IT company about a year ago after the first winter outbreak in 2020?

Contact tracing Vic is a disaster. I know of tier one and two sites that were identified over a week ago and still not listed. People who have been at sites and QR coded and never contacted. Listen to radio and people call in with stories like this every day. A Rosebud doctor reported he has 9 local patients now with covid over the last week but not one exposure site in the area listed. No wonder numbers are out of control. By the time you are warned, if you are, it's too late. Rellys of mine were exposed at a creche and self isolated because they found out from the creche. They were contacted by DHHS on day 13 to be told they need to quarantine.

And yet l got tested twice in 7 days after Mrs.H. had been to two tier sites. She was asked to test and isolate after being at these sites 36 - 48hrs.previously.

Go figure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet l got tested twice in 7 days after Mrs.H. had been to two tier sites. She was asked to test and isolate after being at these sites 36 - 48hrs.previously.

Go figure.
Look at the site list now. Nothing added since yesterday afternoon. Why? Does everyone work 9 to 5? My local fruit market was closed for deep cleaning yesterday due to an exposure by a covid positive staff member on Saturday. Imagine how many people were there then. I have two friends who were there, QR coded and have heard nothing.

My partner received a message on Sunday morning for attending a tier 1 site on 8/9. 18 days after the attendance. We've both tested negative.

My partner received a message on Sunday morning for attending a tier 1 site on 8/9. 18 days after the attendance. We've both tested negative.

As I said a few weeks back my daughter is a contact tracer and they cannot keep up, they've put the cue in the rack in the North/West of Melb.
If as she told me takes up to five hours to gather relevant information for a single positive case, what hope do they have?
On the bright side she gets paid very well. Has saved 25k lol

Personally we shouldn't worry about new daily case numbers and focus on ensuring all are vaxxed. I see in the UK they are now treating it like any other flu. For those that suffer flu you'd understand, is nasty but aint going to kill you.

Also I see Gladys is opening up even for the unwashed, will be interesting.

Leadership from Gladys again. Melbourne will follow suit. A two tiered society is unnecessary, impractical and very difficult to enforce. NSW/Vic will make 80% in a canter. Not so sure about QLD.

I don't think it is that hard to enforce. Certainly no harder than enforcing ID requirements in licensed venues or QR code check-ins. I also think the prospect of a two-tiered society was instrumental in getting a material number of people to bite the bullet and go and get the vaccine.

Leadership from Gladys again. Melbourne will follow suit. A two tiered society is unnecessary, impractical and very difficult to enforce. NSW/Vic will make 80% in a canter. Not so sure about QLD.

Yep I have actually admired Gladys efforts throughout this whole shitshow, did she make mistakes? Absolutely. I know plenty have laughed and questioned her tactics.
Some have even said we'd have matched NSW for case numbers without our sharp, punchy circuit breaker lockdowns and then proceeded to slap ourselves on the back. Well, well, well..

( oh not talking about BF here- there is a bigger world out there :) )

Yes agree a two tiered society is the worst outcome and will lead to angry confrontations, imagine working at a small family restaurant or cafe and telling someone they're not allowed in. Sheesh that could go south really quickly.

All as we /us can do is worry about our own patch and if someone makes a decision to not get vaxxed, so *en what. They have made their decision, wrong, right or indifferent.

This whole new world reminds me of ' Lord of the Flies' in part, but that's for another day. Where I will present all of my reasons for being disappointed in our leaders and the dogs breakfast they're responsible for. This is not about the people, but the clever marketing that has made them/us the villain's.

That of course won't be posted until we're free and I've been at Sooki Lounge having had too much to drink, too many cookies and am nicely munted.

I don't think it is that hard to enforce. Certainly no harder than enforcing ID requirements in licensed venues or QR code check-ins. I also think the prospect of a two-tiered society was instrumental in getting a material number of people to bite the bullet and go and get the vaccine.

Agreed. It got my family members to get vaccinated even as they were deep in thrall to the anti vax ranting truckie loonies on their Facebook feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back