News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked.

That moron Bogut ran with it yesterday too.
I think all parties in Vic will start to focus on the election now. The word is polling is not good for Dan which is surprising considering how he has polled so strongly right through the pandemic. Guy is being very restrained and quiet at the moment. Not sure he has the cut through to really land a blow on Dan.

Interesting to see what damage (if any) the IBAC hearing will have on Dan. I suspect about as much as the enquiry into the early deaths had when Dan pulled the Sergeant Schultz defence.

Of course it is complicated. However, we have a federal minister whose sole responsibility is to ensure that the indigenous population is not left behind or excluded. Something that he and the government have singularly failed to do.
But if the opportunities to vaccinate are being repeatedly made, when does it stop being the Fed responsibility and start being individual responsibility? When do the stats indicate no vaccine supply, to vaccine hesitant to anti vax?

It's not just the First Nations crowd up here who are showing reluctance. I doubt we will get much over 70%. It'll be a problem when the international airport opens up.

But if the opportunities to vaccinate are being repeatedly made, when does it stop being the Fed responsibility and start being individual responsibility? When do the stats indicate no vaccine supply, to vaccine hesitant to anti vax?

It's not just the First Nations crowd up here who are showing reluctance. I doubt we will get much over 70%. It'll be a problem when the international airport opens up.
Opportunity is only part of the solution. A comprehensive education program that is at least partially aimed at overcoming the reluctance to trust the government.

There is years of social injustice that is embedded within indigenous communities, that has to be overcome and if it isn't; 'All the opportunity in the world' won't make a shred of difference.

I think all parties in Vic will start to focus on the election now. The word is polling is not good for Dan which is surprising considering how he has polled so strongly right through the pandemic. Guy is being very restrained and quiet at the moment. Not sure he has the cut through to really land a blow on Dan.

Interesting to see what damage (if any) the IBAC hearing will have on Dan. I suspect about as much as the enquiry into the early deaths had when Dan pulled the Sergeant Schultz defence.
His numbers will bounce back strongly. The opposition is hopeless and has provided nothing since the last two years.

All Andrews has to do is say, we kept your grandmothers as safe as we could; but those campaigners over there wanted to let them die. Oh, and they are aligned with the PM for NSW and a treasurer who screwed you when he should have helped his fellow Victorians.

Then you have all of the infrastructure that has continued to be built, even through the lockdowns. People will see that in many instances, there communities have been materially improved.

His numbers will bounce back strongly. The opposition is hopeless and has provided nothing since the last two years.

All Andrews has to do is say, we kept your grandmothers as safe as we could; but those campaigners over there wanted to let them die. Oh, and they are aligned with the PM for NSW and a treasurer who screwed you when he should have helped his fellow Victorians.

Then you have all of the infrastructure that has continued to be built, even through the lockdowns. People will see that in many instances, there communities have been materially improved.
Just about sums it up. Anyone think Andrews won't go to next election?

1634520698017.png

If a government senator on the floor of the Senate can not keep her dick under her mask, what hoe do state governments have of getting the population to play ball?

View attachment 1262799

If a government senator on the floor of the Senate can not keep her dick under her mask, what hoe do state governments have of getting the population to play ball?
Yes we get it. Your view is Liberals Bad. Labor Good. If truth be told they’re as bad as each other. Your buddy Andrew. SloMo. Glady, Hunts, Albos. The whole lot of them. Terrible. Couldn’t organise a root at Tender Touch. :stern look

Just about sums it up. Anyone think Andrews won't go to next election?
It'd have to be tempting for him to step out. The mud piles up after a while and he'd have to be knackered. He could retire as a hero of the age and kick back on the pension.

Yes we get it. Your view is Liberals Bad. Labor Good. If truth be told they’re as bad as each other. Your buddy Andrew. SloMo. Glady, Hunts, Albos. The whole lot of them. Terrible. Couldn’t organise a root at Tender Touch. :stern look
Happy to burn any political operator over this type of thing. Just like it was good that Andrews was called out for forgetting the protocols the other day.

Lead by example. That it happens to be a person who is happy to preach to us means she in this instance gets called out.

It is undeniable that there was a significant change to the roadmap announced yesterday. That had nothing to do with vaccination percentages and I think there was definitely an element of politics to those announcements. I suspect the catalyst was the Government's announcement was their decision to allow 10,000 people to attend the Melbourne Cup on a day which 24 hours ago I wouldn't have been allowed to have a single visitor in my home or travel to Mount Martha to visit my parents. That decision was so grotesque and caused such a significant backlash that I think the state government was left with no option but to make significant changes that opened up our society far more and earlier than planned.

The result is we now have a roadmap out that is much closer to common sense but there are still few elements that don't pass the logic test.

Disagree but I don’t care enough to argue the point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murdoch rags: Vic has had enough, time to open up! Dan's hardline stance doesn't work.

Also Murdoch rags: will Andrews ever stop pandering to the population? Moving forward the opening schedule.. Has he no shame?

One of the rare good things to come out of this shithouse period is the exposure in the bias has become so obvious.

How much attention can you pay to polls though? I know I’d never participate in one. I remember talking to someone about polls and his response was, “if I did a poll on the people that participate in polls 70% would be morons and the rest are just bored”. lol

I’ve had to unfollow him. He’s become a bit too tinfoil hatish for me. I try to keep a balance in my feed so I don’t get stuck in an echo chamber but I’ve had enough of him.
Some noodle head that I follow likes his tweets ugh infecting my feed

Some noodle head that I follow likes his tweets ugh infecting my feed

A few of the North people on Twitter like him. I get it too. They just see things differently. Though now I think Bogart is just trying to cultivate an audience. He’s in the Rita Panahi category for mine. Just found a niche and sticking to it to try and stay relevant. I only respect people that can change their opinions on things based on evidence.

This is a perfect example. The government said they’ll look at lifting restrictions once the 70% vax rate is reached, the government did that. Instead of being happy about the government doing what it said it would do they’re going with s**t like “he’s only doing it because of polling”

Or my personal favourite “Hes only doing it because NSW did”….completely disregarding that Sydney went into lockdown way before Melbourne and if Sydney did the ‘ring of steel’ Melbourne wouldn’t have gotten this case, nor would the other states.

Our government did the ring of steel the first time to protect the rest of the country from our outbreak but apparently that’s bad too.

A few of the North people on Twitter like him. I get it too. They just see things differently. Though now I think Bogart is just trying to cultivate an audience. He’s in the Rita Panahi category for mine. Just found a niche and sticking to it to try and stay relevant. I only respect people that can change their opinions on things based on evidence.

This is a perfect example. The government said they’ll look at lifting restrictions once the 70% vax rate is reached, the government did that. Instead of being happy about the government doing what it said it would do they’re going with sh*t like “he’s only doing it because of polling”

Or my person favourite “Hes only doing it because NSW did”….completely disregarding that Sydney went into lockdown way before Melbourne and if Sydney did the ‘ring of steel’ Melbourne wouldn’t have gotten this case, nor would the other states.

Our government did the ring of steel the first time to protect the rest of the country from our outbreak but apparently that’s bad too.
EXACTLY like jeezus you can never please some ppl they just always try to find the bad out of every good situation.

like I have read a few of his tweets and they made me throw up yesterday.

How much attention can you pay to polls though? I know I’d never participate in one. I remember talking to someone about polls and his response was, “if I did a poll on the people that participate in polls 70% would be morons and the rest are just bored”. lol
parties and their people live or die by them. I agree with you but the main parties spend millions on polling and their decision making is heavily influenced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back