News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just said on the radio that the state GOVT has done a backflip and anyone can go into shops when we open regardless of vaccination status.
Who is "they"?

Nothing I could see on ABC or The Age websites.

I was looking at the NSW rules for opening up in December and this was there:

Sex on premises venues and sex services premises open with density limits of 1 person per 4sqm.

Wristo_ , have to pay for the privelage now mate.

9News .......

From tomorrow at 6pm, both vaccinated and unvaccinated Victorians will be able to go to retail stores again following months of click-and-collect and online shopping.

Once vaccine uptake hits 90% no vaccine will be stopped from shopping in store.

9News .......

From tomorrow at 6pm, both vaccinated and unvaccinated Victorians will be able to go to retail stores again following months of click-and-collect and online shopping.

Once vaccine uptake hits 90% no vaccine will be stopped from shopping in store.

Can anyone explain the logic to this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don't get the change in policy on this

It is this sort of nonsensical stuff that makes regular people think the government have NFI what they are doing.

So on Saturday an unvaxxed person can come to a retail outlet and stand beside me, but that same person cannot do the exact same thing when the vaxed rates have gone up.

it defies simple logic.

When you ask people to consistently defy simply logic it will eat at your creditability.

If anyone can explain it to me in simple terms I am all for hearing it.

It is this sort of nonsensical stuff that makes regular people think the government have NFI what they are doing.

So on Saturday an unvaxxed person can come to a retail outlet and stand beside me, but that same person cannot do the exact same thing when the vaxed rates have gone up.

it defies simple logic.

When you ask people to consistently defy simply logic it will eat at your creditability.

If anyone can explain it to me in simple terms I am all for hearing it.
It strikes me as a policy to win over those who are vax reluctant and indicates that the policy makers are comfortable with where we are at in regards to managing the pandemic at the hospital level. Basically the premise seems to be to give everyone a taste of the new normal under the guise of providing time for those holdouts to change their minds, then limit access to the fully vaxxed. Will this lead to some people getting infected who would not otherwise? Probably, yeah. But it seems to me that the decision makers see the risks and implications of these infections as low enough to use the window to get closer to 100 than 90%.

On the flipside holdouts will say well if the risk is negligible enough that govt allow a 3 week window of vaxxed and non-vaxxed mingling then why ban us at all? And I think the response to this is that no one takes their position seriously enough to care.

Interestingly my neighbour is an anti-vaxxer/shop owner, so I wonder how this will impact them?

On the flipside holdouts will say well if the risk is negligible enough that govt allow a 3 week window of vaxxed and non-vaxxed mingling then why ban us at all?

I am fully vaxed and I am asking this exact question.

We are opening to people only to close on them when theoretically society has gotten safer.

its mental gymnastics.

And if it is a policy to show people what they could have to encourage them to get vaxed seems like grasping at straws. A government policy to show people freedoms that will be taken away from them?

@ 80% we're open and safe vaxed, unvaxed doesn't matter
@ 90% we need to impose restrictions on people who were able to be open and safe at 80%

I don't get it, I don't understand it from a logical sense, I don't understand how it is supposed to be a carrot to people who a likely want to feel the rage of exclusion. The fact we are paying politicians to come up with convoluted games (if that is what this is) concerns me. If that isn't what this is then what is it?

As to your last point about your neighbour, there is a local food business near me that has been open through the whole pandemic and has recently shut its doors because it "wants to be an inclusive business to all people, not exclusive to those who chose a particular medical pathway" (paraphrasing) I have gone there multiple times through lockdowns simply to provide them with patronage, I will vote with my feet if that is their point of view.

This ‘loophole’ is simply a mistake, a * up, a sure sign of incompetence by a moronic and out of touch health bureaucracy under the command of Andrews. It is not a ‘test’ to see how things go although that’s what we’ll be told to cover their useless arses. This government is obsessed with micro managing every single aspect of life in this state with mindless and illogical rules, thus necessitating the need for more rules and regulations to try and fix the original rule. We are going to be at 90% double vax in a few weeks. Leave us alone ffs. What more does Dan want? We don’t need this unworkable, cumbersome vaccination economy nonsense, vax mandates for run of the mill jobs, talk of vaccinating 5 year olds or else!!, 6 month booster jabs to maintain vax status shoved down our throats daily. All it is doing is causing division, confusion and stress amongst the community.

This ‘loophole’ is simply a mistake, a fu** up, a sure sign of incompetence by a moronic and out of touch health bureaucracy under the command of Andrews. It is not a ‘test’ to see how things go although that’s what we’ll be told to cover their useless arses. This government is obsessed with micro managing every single aspect of life in this state with mindless and illogical rules, thus necessitating the need for more rules and regulations to try and fix the original rule. We are going to be at 90% double vax in a few weeks. Leave us alone ffs. What more does Dan want? We don’t need this unworkable, cumbersome vaccination economy nonsense, vax mandates for run of the mill jobs, talk of vaccinating 5 year olds or else!!, 6 month booster jabs to maintain vax status shoved down our throats daily. All it is doing is causing division, confusion and stress amongst the community.
Andrew’s studied politics, he knows what he is doing…
Dividing, causing stress, confusing and bashing people into submission is the point… and when the policy fails blame the unvaccinated.

he is a campaigner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back