News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the 'we're almost out of this' part that stuck out. There's been a holstering of nerves for over 200 days.

Ofcourse its a different situation for sure.

But as Caracas said regarding the backlash it goes both ways when Andrews said "There's no going back after this". He means for the healthcare system with that statement but that's also on the government not to go back on their word.

Could be an Israel situation or a Denmark situation, who knows.

I get where you’re coming from B. However, one thing I know is that the virus doesn’t and can’t give a fig about a government’s “word” - regardless of stripes. Every government the world over has taken steps and then crossed their fingers. Luckily for us, by and large, our governments have made the more astute/lucky calls.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is happening in Victoria isn’t normal, it’s indeed scary. Every aspect of our lives and the economy is being micro managed by a CHO who has far too much say and influence. If it’s all about avoiding the hospital system from collapsing as Andrews likes to scare the life out of us with then theoretically we might find ourselves in a situation where even if 95% of the population is fully vaxxed there may still be the need for an Andrews style ‘short, sharp lockdown’.….. This state is doomed if the health bureaucrats are pulling the strings for the foreseeable future. No certainty and no hope for anyone is what the state of Victoria finds itself in. Want to organise a holiday, a wedding, open a business, have a family bbq even at 80% double vax you are still at the mercy of the bureaucracy.

I never said you did, I was listing the conspiracies that I thought were the funniest.

I really don’t want to get into the nitty gritty of it. Although I do think the American government is horrible especially with the Middle East, in my opinion I seriously don’t think it’s a NWO lol I am one to have a bit of cheeky time with theories but to me I just don’t buy it.

literally Elon musk thinks we live in a simulation because we went from pong to games in 3D….. LMFAO.

I have actually never got any political ads or if I have and didn’t notice then I’ve never clicked on one. It’s actually sad the real brainwashing of people eg. Trump supporters

wtf I didn’t mention anything about the Jewish community. I’m sure a lot want their lives back including my own family who is literally living off my dads part time wage but there are literally groups behind it that want to do harm. The way that you can say stuff about a NWO but I can’t bring up about an actual group behind this is staggering almost as if you’re tryna push your agenda on me and getting the impression that you want to be right.

I have always kept my mind open about this COVID situation but I will never give in to misinformation.
We can talk about this stuff in another thread. The point is whatever people are protesting about they should be allowed to protest.

Also...

There is a world of difference between questioning he extent of our loss of freedom in response to this pandemic and promoting anti vaxx ideas. If you don't recognise that difference and treat those two things as if they are the same then people who question the extent of lockdowns but would support vaccination are more likely to listen to anti-vaxxers because anti-vaxxers are the only people listening to them say "I don't like that we aren't free to walk around our own country."

We can talk about this stuff in another thread. The point is whatever people are protesting about they should be allowed to protest.

Also...

There is a world of difference between questioning he extent of our loss of freedom in response to this pandemic and promoting anti vaxx ideas. If you don't recognise that difference and treat those two things as if they are the same then people who question the extent of lockdowns but would support vaccination are more likely to listen to anti-vaxxers because anti-vaxxers are the only people listening to them say "I don't like that we aren't free to walk around our own country."
No s**t Sherlock lol well done for pointing out the obvious.

Yesterday’s protest achieved NOTHING regardless. Your inability to identify that these protests are literally created by neo nazi right wing nut jobs which is frankly mind boggling because you are smart. Yes there are obviously going to be people that are oblivious to that and are solely going there to protest for ‘freedom’.

this will be my final reply. You know my stance, enough said.

What extremists do best is infiltrate legitimate movements in an attempt to radicalise and recruit people and steer the movement into a direction which achieves their desired outcome. Ie, violence with police hasn't got anything to do with protesting about an infringement of rights, who benefits from this course of action, what other messages are cropping up within our movement and what does it have to do with it?

If a movement is leaderless and isn't actively self-policing, it has probably already been taken over.

Why would the dropkicks be jumping up and down in the middle of the road wanting to fight the police? High as a kite on drugs? or just plain crazy?

She's trying to get the state up and running again.

NSW has processed 3 times the amount of returning travelers as Victoria and will get out the other side of this with Sydney having been in lockdown for about a third of the amount of time as Melbourne and less than half the deaths. She has made mistakes but the mismanagement south of the border has been far more total.
And Victoria is cautiously following her lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No sh*t Sherlock lol well done for pointing out the obvious.

Yesterday’s protest achieved NOTHING regardless. Your inability to identify that these protests are literally created by neo nazi right wing nut jobs which is frankly mind boggling because you are smart. Yes there are obviously going to be people that are oblivious to that and are solely going there to protest for ‘freedom’.

Don’t most protests achieve nothing?

She's trying to get the state up and running again.

NSW has processed 3 times the amount of returning travelers as Victoria and will get out the other side of this with Sydney having been in lockdown for about a third of the amount of time as Melbourne and less than half the deaths. She has made mistakes but the mismanagement south of the border has been far more total.

I'll agree to disagree:think:

Don’t most protests achieve nothing?
A weakness of demonstrations is when they turn violent they virtually guarantee that parliament won’t consider the demand for change, year 12 legal studies taught me that. It’s when demonstrations are peaceful that they are the most effective.

Nicked it from somewhere

I asked the librarian when the book about Daniel Andrews managing the pandemic would be available,
"I haven't a clue, " he replied,
"Yeah, that's the one. " I answered.

No sh*t Sherlock lol well done for pointing out the obvious.

I know someone who goes to those protests and they aren't a right wing neo nazi. If I reacted to them the way you are here then there is * all chance of me ever engaging with them again and that means they will have one less person talking to them who questions that stuff.

What extremists do best is infiltrate legitimate movements in an attempt to radicalise and recruit people and steer the movement into a direction which achieves their desired outcome. Ie, violence with police hasn't got anything to do with protesting about an infringement of rights, who benefits from this course of action, what other messages are cropping up within our movement and what does it have to do with it?

If a movement is leaderless and isn't actively self-policing, it has probably already been taken over.
They are good questions, especially the ones after the bit I bolded.

About the bit I bolded.... how do we know how this all started.

I know someone who goes to those protests and they aren't a right wing neo nazi. If I reacted to them the way you are here then there is fu** all chance of me ever engaging with them again and that means they will have one less person talking to them who questions that stuff.
Wow one person which I’m glad they aren’t associated with them. Literally the protests are set up by them but okay hahahaha

I remember that record cover actually. But i didn't get that record. The one before was the last kiss record or tape I had.
I reckon it was the 2nd album I owned. After a Patsy Biscoe Christmas Carols one 🙃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back