News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I had a lovely day yesterday but seeing us push towards the magical 1000 per day caseload has put a dampener on things .

thank goddess for the curfew, has made a world of difference . Ironically I think the Northern suburbs will be best positioned to enjoy 2022 as it seems everyone will have had it. I’m glad deaths and hospitalisation haven’t gone through the roof . That is a great sign .

But it looks like we’ll run over the top of NsW shortly and more fool them with their not so strict rules . That will learn them all .
And let’s see if we can get a “ super spreader “ off the ground the Gov has been desperate for one of those .

All as he had to do was lockdown a couple of areas and couldn’t deliver when it mattered.

I have an awful feeling we’re along way off living a semi normal life . Hope I’m wrong

Well said TT and best wishes to your mum. It is a global pandemic and we are all impacted.

While I got to attend mum’s funeral last year, I didn’t get to Melbourne in time to say goodbye. Dad has months to live & I have no idea if I will see him again. All the family in Melbourne are not able to visit.

An overwhelmed hospital system will have devastating consequences for us all.

So as I sit here in Brisbane, acknowledging our relatively good fortune up until this point, my heart aches for the horror inflicted by this global pandemic.

That’s heartbreaking mate. So sorry to be reading that. All the very best to your dad and your family.

Step up anti vaxxers

This was a comment on that post omfg
47E20A30-3830-473C-B66D-5A55D5411188.jpeg

I get the sentiment Grogg but history has shown that shutting the one dedicated thread to the overwhelming topic of the day just leads to the chat leaking into multiple other threads.

I asked that people of both sides consider they’re talking among their fellow North flock before using ill considered language and terms.

We’re all sick of this crap and a bit of empathy can go a long way.

Hell, I’m in the most vulnerable 1a classed group myself and I’ve found out only this week that my mum has breast cancer, so I have a major stake in this game.

I generally choose to avoid posting in this thread as nothing positive can come from going postal over views I vehemently disagree with.

If people could just try to be more compassionate before posting I’m sure the discourse will be more palatable for all who are reading.

We’re all Northerners FFS.

When’s the first praccy match?
All the best with your mum. FWIW my mum has had multiple bouts of breast cancer (over a long period of time) and each one has worked out (last time was 2009) and things have improved since then as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the virus won't pass from person to person on grand final day!
They interviewed the virus on the ABC and the virus itself said “I will be temporarily stopping myself from spreading because it’s grand final day today, go dogs” the virus is such a nice being

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So are most people here going to grand final get togethers or following the rules and staying home?

Following the rules. Otherwise I wouldn’t feel comfortable criticising the government at all. I’m doing my bit and can hold my head high knowing that I’ve done everything my country needed me to do. I’ve grown to despise people that break the rules and also criticise the government. I view those people as weak. I have more respect for crooks who’ll break the law but admit they’re crooks.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Following the rules. Otherwise I wouldn’t feel comfortable criticising the government at all. I’m doing my bit and can hold my head high knowing that I’ve done everything my country needed me to do. I’ve grown to despise people that break the rules and also criticise the government. I view those people as weak. I have more respect for crooks who’ll break the law but admit they’re crooks.
Integrity, I like it.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

Definitely staying in.

I'm told that the rumour is that the exposure sites in Camperdown, Terang and Warrnambool, are as a result of an infected University student from Ballarat returning to Camperdown for the holidays and then proceeding to visit 33 different places. Splendid! :mad:

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
My sons (15 and 19) got their first shots yesterday - Pfizer - and will be back at the GP for the second in three weeks. In time for at least the younger one to be back at face to face classes. On the home stretch of this phase of the pandemic at least for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back