News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had no one from that outdoor restaurant said anything to him…all that happened would have been avoided. And that Avi guy would have kept walking on to wherever he was heading to.

I don’t follow or watch this guy’s content fwiw.

Something to consider next time when using prejudice to be a guidance in forming a view.

We are sposed to live in a democratic nation in the Westminster tradition following common law, a thousand year process of turning the whim of kings into something resembling a fair society as often as possible.

What will you do if we are checking in with QR codes in two years. Especially if the virus is no longer an issue but its still happening cos if "general security" or some such thing.

Will you keep doing it?
Most people don’t do it now do they?

If you chose to isolate that is completely your call. Not sure it is relevant one way or the other.

Our kids in Melbourne have missed probably a year of school over the past 18 months. You seem to be bitching about a very minor imposition that is allowing society to reopen, which includes getting our kids back into classrooms and minimising the prospect that they will be home-schooling again.

Excluding the unvaccinated from indoor unmasked public gatherings (pubs, restaurants etc) not only keeps us safer and protects our hospital system, but the prospect of it being in place has also probably been a key driver in getting that vaccination rate up to levels that seemed completely unrealistic just two months ago.

Maybe it's not normal as we knew it in January 2020 but in Melbourne I don't think any of us are taking being able to go to the pub with mates, sit in a restaurant, or even getting a haircut for granted. Three days ago we couldn't do any of those things. If showing proof that I have done something I would have done any way means I can enjoy those things I really don't give a fu**. I'm not sure there was a viable alternative.
My missus couldn't go into a shop to buy our kids shoes the other day. One day later she could. What a farce. So she isn't fully vaccinated, technically she won't be for another 10 days but because she has had her second shot she could enter a shop when she couldn't previously.

What bullshit. If it was genuinely based on vaccination status you wouldn't be able to download your certificate till two weeks after you had your second dose of vaccine.

Most of rural NSW still has between 20 and 30% of the population unvaccinated and even more in many places. I don't think its higher anywhere else. Between 10 and 20% of those people are awaiting their second dose and have just been shut out of society thru no fault of their own.

And the criteria for letting them back into society isn't even the actual status of their immune system, its not that they are vaccinated and immunised, its that they've been vaccinated even tho it hasn't had time to have an effect yet.

We are sposed to live in a democratic nation in the Westminster tradition following common law, a thousand year process of turning the whim of kings into something resembling a fair society as often as possible.

What will you do if we are checking in with QR codes in two years. Especially if the virus is no longer an issue but its still happening cos if "general security" or some such thing.

Will you keep doing it?
Mate, you're inventing a situation that hasn't even happened yet to complain about. You're too smart to do that sort of logical fallacy nonsense.

Had no one from that outdoor restaurant said anything to him…all that happened would have been avoided. And that Avi guy would have kept walking on to wherever he was heading to.

Something to consider next time when using prejudice to be a guidance in forming a view.

Those people hurling abuse were cowards, if you are going to heckle someone at least have the stones to articulate your disagreement when they come up to you, he was obviously no threat to them. If you don't want someone to challenge your abuse, don't abuse random people on the street.

Avi got what he wanted though, attention. He saw the bait and he reeled in low iq people to give him media coverage. Good or bad, it is all clicks. He is there to profit off of dumb people, those who are on his side politically and those who are against. They are all content.

My missus couldn't go into a shop to buy our kids shoes the other day. One day later she could. What a farce. So she isn't fully vaccinated, technically she won't be for another 10 days but because she has had her second shot she could enter a shop when she couldn't previously.

What bullshit. If it was genuinely based on vaccination status you wouldn't be able to download your certificate till two weeks after you had your second dose of vaccine.

Most of rural NSW still has between 20 and 30% of the population unvaccinated and even more in many places. I don't think its higher anywhere else. Between 10 and 20% of those people are awaiting their second dose and have just been shut out of society thru no fault of their own.

And the criteria for letting them back into society isn't even the actual status of their immune system, its not that they are vaccinated and immunised, its that they've been vaccinated even tho it hasn't had time to have an effect yet.

Again, no one in Melbourne has been able to step into a shoe shop for about 11 weeks and we still can't. This is also not something we've ever been through before. It won't be implemented perfectly and consistently but at the aggregate level, it will provide a strong degree of protection.

Part of it is rewarding those that have done the right thing and providing an incentive to those that haven't yet to do so. The evidence shows that a single dose actually provides a reasonable degree of protection from serious illness. By insisting on the second dose we are ensuring that the full immunity from the first dose has kicked in.

You are sweating the small stuff and hypothetical situations without providing any suggestion of an alternative. Do you want us to stay locked up? Have a free for all perhaps?

Those people hurling abuse were cowards, if you are going to heckle someone at least have the stones to articulate your disagreement when they come up to you, he was obviously no threat to them. If you don't want someone to challenge your abuse, don't abuse random people on the street.

Avi got what he wanted though, attention. He saw the bait and he reeled in low iq people to give him media coverage. Good or bad, it is all clicks. He is there to profit off of dumb people, those who are on his side politically and those who are against. They are all content.
There we go…..someone finally gets it.

Couldn't agree more.

This guy calls himself a "Jewish Nazi". He's weird

Mate, you're inventing a situation that hasn't even happened yet to complain about. You're too smart to do that sort of logical fallacy nonsense.
I just asked when this was going to end.

Someone said they wouldn't want to be doing it in two years and I asked what their response would be if they were.

I'm asking about their hypothetical response to this potential situation. That isn't "inventing a situation to complain about." Its a fair question given their response.

I want to know when people see and end to this and what the limits of their tolerence of this sort of over the top surveillence are. And I';m not inventing situations. These things are happening now. Companies that provide biometric security are drooling about this. Their plan is to have everyone's biometric details on file somewhere. And they're quite up front about it, its not some hidden conspiracy or anything. They'll openly state that they're going to piggy pack universal digital id on the back of covid vaccine certification.

For example here:

With any vaccine certificate likely to use both cloud technology and biometrics, international travel in 2021 could be one giant experiment for passport-less travel. Tech companies will be watching closely, with the potential for huge contracts when the world is allowed to travel again.

"This is pretty important," says Bud. "The evolution of vaccine certificates will actually drive the whole field of digital identity in the future. So, therefore, this is not just about Covid, this is about something even bigger."

That is the same iProov that is funded by the US DHS to provide biometric id services. So if you want to disappear you won't be able to. The right or at least the ability to disappear is pretty important imo.

You're right he didn';t start it.

He's still a scumbag tho. Its a pity the people that he triggered weren't up to dealing with him.

Its still bullshit too. If Jy Simpkin was walking past a bunch of * supporters and they said something similar I'd expect him to carry himself in a much better way that that.

He’s been doing this for years.
Slowly but surely he’s been accepted by the ignorant as some sort of “savior for the people” when in reality he is a wife bashing, war criminal and racist.
It’s for those reasons above he hires a bodyguard and takes them everywhere he goes. People in public feel uncomfortable and threatened because a convicted criminal is approaching them. Them acting out isn’t ordinary, in fact it’s expected.
The bloke was a sniper on the Gaza Strip for ffs. What morals does he have, if any at all.

Can we stop making excuses for scumbags

I just asked when this was going to end.

Someone said they wouldn't want to be doing it in two years and I asked what their response would be if they were.

I'm asking about their hypothetical response to this potential situation. That isn't "inventing a situation to complain about." Its a fair question given their response.

I want to know when people see and end to this and what the limits of their tolerence of this sort of over the top surveillence are. And I';m not inventing situations. These things are happening now. Companies that provide biometric security are drooling about this. Their plan is to have everyone's biometric details on file somewhere. And they're quite up front about it, its not some hidden conspiracy or anything. They'll openly state that they're going to piggy pack universal digital id on the back of covid vaccine certification.

For example here:

With any vaccine certificate likely to use both cloud technology and biometrics, international travel in 2021 could be one giant experiment for passport-less travel. Tech companies will be watching closely, with the potential for huge contracts when the world is allowed to travel again.

"This is pretty important," says Bud. "The evolution of vaccine certificates will actually drive the whole field of digital identity in the future. So, therefore, this is not just about Covid, this is about something even bigger."

That is the same iProov that is funded by the US DHS to provide biometric id services. So if you want to disappear you won't be able to. The right or at least the ability to disappear is pretty important imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s been doing this for years.
Slowly but surely he’s been accepted by the ignorant as some sort of “savior for the people” when in reality he is a wife bashing, war criminal and racist.
It’s for those reasons above he hires a bodyguard and takes them everywhere he goes. People in public feel uncomfortable and threatened because a convicted criminal is approaching them. Them acting out isn’t ordinary, in fact it’s expected.
The bloke was a sniper on the Gaza Strip for ffs. What morals does he have, if any at all.

Can we stop making excuses for scumbags
And that is why people should avoid him.

Don't yell out at him getting his attention.

You already know the answer to this…

The titans of global capitalism are exploiting the Covid-19 crisis to institute social credit-style digital ID systems across the West.
The death by starvation of Etwariya Devi, a 67-year-old widow from the rural Indian state of Jharkhand, might have passed without notice had it not been part of a more widespread trend.

Like 1.3 billion of her fellow Indians, Devi had been pushed to enroll in a biometric digital ID system called Aadhaar in order to access public services, including her monthly allotment of 25kg of rice. When her fingerprint failed to register with the shoddy system, Devi was denied her food ration. Throughout the course of the following three months in 2017, she was repeatedly refused food until she succumbed to hunger, alone in her home.

Premani Kumar, a 64-year-old woman also from Jharkhand, met the same demise as Devi, dying of hunger and exhaustion the same year after the Aadhaar system transferred her pension payments to another person without her permission, while cutting off her monthly food rations.

A similarly cruel fate was reserved for Santoshi Kumari, an 11-year-old girl, also from Jharkhand, who reportedly died begging for rice after her family’s ration card was canceled because it had not been linked to their Aadhaar digital ID.

These three heart-rending casualties were among a spate of deaths in rural India in 2017 which came as a direct result of the Aadhaar digital ID system.

Full article below.
So you have been out in the street protesting the use of welfare cards in indigenous communities for years?

Trials of the cards with the unemployed in certain parts of the country?

The proposed use of the cards for ALL pensioners?

This exact thing has been in Australia for years; and suddenly it is a problem?

So why the concern now?

Again, no one in Melbourne has been able to step into a shoe shop for about 11 weeks and we still can't. This is also not something we've ever been through before. It won't be implemented perfectly and consistently but at the aggregate level, it will provide a strong degree of protection.

Either had we till recently, for a week then these stupid restrictions came in.

Part of it is rewarding those that have done the right thing and providing an incentive to those that haven't yet to do so. The evidence shows that a single dose actually provides a reasonable degree of protection from serious illness. By insisting on the second dose we are ensuring that the full immunity from the first dose has kicked in.

This argument doesn't wash. In rural NSW the roll out has been a farce. people aren't allowed out of Sydney for weeks because of the slow rural roll out. You can quote all you like from websites but heaps of people have been trying to get vaccinated for ages and haven't been able to. I'm talking about people who were far more proactive about it than me too, just the luck of the draw for some of them.

You are sweating the small stuff and hypothetical situations without providing any suggestion of an alternative. Do you want us to stay locked up? Have a free for all perhaps?

In NSW .... just manage the opening up properly. So people are free to go out 2 weeks after their second dose and not before an don't rush the opening up or restrictions. Plan them so they work in concert with vaccination rates. Large parts of Sydney are 90% double vaccinated. Don't apply their rules to areas that are 70% double vaccinated. They were able to manage locking down rural areas seperately so do the same with opening up.

As far as vaccine passports go. Pick a date, either the end of next year or the end of 2023 and that is when they are no longer necessary. By then either everyone has it and is dead of recovered or we have far more serious problems on our hands that will require a complete rethinking of how we react.

At no point should they be tied to digital identities or biometric identifiers nor should they be managed by private companies.

So you have been out in the street protesting the use of welfare cards in indigenous communities for years?

Trials of the cards with the unemployed in certain parts of the country?

The proposed use of the cards for ALL pensioners?

This exact thing has been in Australia for years; and suddenly it is a problem?

So why the concern now?
What makes you think he (or me for that matter) hasn't? Except there aren't actual protests about it but you can communicate with people who make these decisions and call them out about it.

Do you know what a rort those cards are? Its one more reason we need a federal ICAC.

And that is why people should avoid him.

Don't yell out at him getting his attention.
Agreed. He should be avoided like the plague but he rigorously and consistently hijacks issues that are considered raw and personal for most. I think any members of the public who challenge him do so because they are sick and tired of the crap he preaches. He isn’t worth it.

Theres a reason a rat bag organization like Rebel News put a microphone in his hand and a platform for him to utilize.
The amount of family and friends that share his content without having any idea about where the content is coming from and it’s associations is ludicrous.
The default argument is “it doesn’t matter who he is, all that matters is what he’s saying”. Which is a cop out to save embarrassment, of which I understand and empathize with. Awareness is king.

Last edited:
Ottawa citizen sounds like a really reputable source
giphy.gif
Ppfft..It's no betoota advocate

Its actually a more reputable source than the Herald Sun. And its a newspaper nearly as old as Melbourne, its about a decade younger. Not an anti vaxxer newspaper either, completely the opposite.
Chook scratchings on a bit of used bog roll is more reputable than the hun. Your hardly setting the bar high here ferbs....

What makes you think he (or me for that matter) hasn't? Except there aren't actual protests about it but you can communicate with people who make these decisions and call them out about it.

Do you know what a rort those cards are? Its one more reason we need a federal ICAC.
Oh I agree about what they are.

‘’But I am willing to bet that he and almost no one else and certainly not on here has ever given a s**t about the cards; until they affect them.

It is ‘The Australia Card’ by stealth.

Chook scratchings on a bit of used bog roll is more reputable than the hun. Your hardly setting the bar high here ferbs....

Its just a newspaper.

Here is the world socialist web site take on the Ottawa Citizen's independent investigation. Its comprehensive, if a little heavy with the socialist propaganda.

I think this is sus as. Can't wait for people to try to explain to me why it isn't or that no one should care of whatever else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back