News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy to be vaxed. The stats overwhelmingly show vaxed people are far less likely to die or be hospitalised if their vax status is up to date. Its not arguable. In terms of ongoing? Sure, who knows where it will end. I don't have an issue with anyone who decides not to be vaxed - that's their choice.
Brook Jackson’s courtcase in America refutes the above using Pfizer’s own data..
And yeah you’re happy for people to be unvaccinated but they can’t participate in society because?
I hope you read the below.

Brook Jackson’s courtcase in America refutes the above using Pfizer’s own data..
And yeah you’re happy for people to be unvaccinated but they can’t participate in society because?
I hope you read the below.
Ummmm - where did I say they can't participate? Just said vaxing is your own choice. But you go ahead and twist what I said. Stats wise the percentage of people in Vic in hospital or dying that are not vaxed or not current is undeniable.

Thanks mate, spent last night from 2am onwards in severe fever town, the worst headache of my life, and pain from shingles about 10 years ago. Wasn't far off calling an ambo for the headache.

The last one is weird and is a reaction I also had to the vaccines. Took a bunch of drugs and fell asleep sometime around 5am and woke up feeling s**t, but just cold/flu kind of s**t (although the headache still lingers). Hopefully that's 'the night' most people have but it's on the third day since the sore throat appeared so who knows.

I hope things turn for the better for you soon mate.

No issues here. Just tiredness at times and being unable to fall asleep till 4am plus is the norm anyway for me.

I reckon the anti virals have been a Godsend. The four vaccinations have likely assisted also.

Good luck!

First day back out today.

Straight back into work as there is a s**t tonne to catch up on and admittedly I’m feeling pretty flat.

Palate is still gone which is ****ed considering I taste and buy wine for a living.

Certainly knocks you around a bit, and I’m triple vaxxed and apart from being a ******* pisshead, relatively healthy

Straight back into work as there is a s**t tonne to catch up on and admittedly I’m feeling pretty flat.

Palate is still gone which is *ed considering I taste and buy wine for a living.

Certainly knocks you around a bit, and I’m triple vaxxed and apart from being a ******* pisshead, relatively healthy
Weirdly I haven't lost my taste and smell. Everything else is ****ed though

Weirdly I haven't lost my taste and smell. Everything else is *ed though
Yeah, I didn't lose my taste or smell either, though had the worst sore throat and headache, then body aches and sweats. The throat lasted about a week, aches, sweats and fatigue for about 3 days, but took a good 2 weeks to get over it. Ate like a machine the whole time. My appetite was off the charts weirdly.

I think skipping the "living with Covid" part for "Covid no longer exists" hasnt done us many favours.

The past 2 years have agitated all of us but going to the opposite extreme is just as bad. We need a middle ground, right now we are Florida lol

Not short of breath thankfully but every other symptom (fever, cough, congestion, dizziness, nerve pain) is escalating. Hoping I turn the corner soon but got a telehealth with the GP to ask when you pull the trigger and go to the hospital. Why the * doesn't our country let young people access the antivirals?

Not short of breath thankfully but every other symptom (fever, cough, congestion, dizziness, nerve pain) is escalating. Hoping I turn the corner soon but got a telehealth with the GP to ask when you pull the trigger and go to the hospital. Why the * doesn't our country let young people access the antivirals?
If you’re talking about paxlovid?
It doesn’t work and covid rebound is dangerous..

I hope you get well soon.

Palate is still gone which is *ed considering I taste and buy wine for a living.

Sing out if you need a fill in for your work mate! Hope your energy comes back real soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A silver lining in getting covid this week is that being in isolation will spare me the torture of watching the team get another belting tomorrow, by Collingwood to make it worse. I had hoped that having a fourth injection would protect me from catching covid but not to be. It has probably helped though as I am four days in and symptoms are similar to a heavy cold

My partner and I are triple vaxxed and have avoided it so far, whereas almost all of our friends and family have copped it.
I'm going down to have the fourth jab ASAP as I have underlying lung conditions (pulmonary sarcoidosis). This basically limits my lung capacity to about 65-70%

I've been hospitalised four times previously with pneumonia, so if I get it I don't expect to fare very well. Fcuk Covid!!

My partner and I are triple vaxxed and have avoided it so far, whereas almost all of our friends and family have copped it.
I'm going down to have the fourth jab ASAP as I have underlying lung conditions (pulmonary sarcoidosis). This basically limits my lung capacity to about 65-70%

I've been hospitalised four times previously with pneumonia, so if I get it I don't expect to fare very well. Fcuk Covid!!

When I had what I assume is Omicron it hit everywhere except my lungs. It was noticable and I kept doing breathing exercises to monitor what was happening with my breathing but had no issues, no shortness of breath and nothing else that made me worried about them. Barely a cough. I was double vaccinated (with AZ) at the time (still am,) and while it was a s**t illness (as bad as the worst flu I've had probably) I never felt worried about my lung function.

I know its different for everyone but the bastard thing went thru my entire entire body. Every injury I've ever had, every major weakness etc etc, I felt them all. It was like it started at my head and went thru everything, even foot injuries. But I smoked durries for 20 years, weed for 30ish and have been exposed to alot of other, more toxic smoke in the last 25 years as well and didn't even notice my lungs. I still occasionally vape weed and had some while I was sick. I used it twice to ease the muscle aches and cramps and didn't even cough. I'm only mentioning that because if it was in my lungs I'd have noticed the first time I tried to use it.

I would do the deep breathing at night cos I'd heard that people would deteriorate quickly over night so I wanted to be comfortable with my lung fuinction before I tried to sleep, again it wasn't an issue but my plan was that if I noticed some change then I would prepare to go to hospital (even tho we were mostly cut off from the world at the time,) and monitor myself more carefully. It wasn't a problem. (I assumed it was Omicron because the spike protein mutations that are sposed to have occured with Omicron change the viruses ability to bind to lung tissue. This certainly seemed the case.)

Take care, stay as safe as you can.

When I had what I assume is Omicron it hit everywhere except my lungs. It was noticable and I kept doing breathing exercises to monitor what was happening with my breathing but had no issues, no shortness of breath and nothing else that made me worried about them. Barely a cough. I was double vaccinated (with AZ) at the time (still am,) and while it was a s**t illness (as bad as the worst flu I've had probably) I never felt worried about my lung function.

I know its different for everyone but the bastard thing went thru my entire entire body. Every injury I've ever had, every major weakness etc etc, I felt them all. It was like it started at my head and went thru everything, even foot injuries. But I smoked durries for 20 years, weed for 30ish and have been exposed to alot of other, more toxic smoke in the last 25 years as well and didn't even notice my lungs. I still occasionally vape weed and had some while I was sick. I used it twice to ease the muscle aches and cramps and didn't even cough. I'm only mentioning that because if it was in my lungs I'd have noticed the first time I tried to use it.

I would do the deep breathing at night cos I'd heard that people would deteriorate quickly over night so I wanted to be comfortable with my lung fuinction before I tried to sleep, again it wasn't an issue but my plan was that if I noticed some change then I would prepare to go to hospital (even tho we were mostly cut off from the world at the time,) and monitor myself more carefully. It wasn't a problem. (I assumed it was Omicron because the spike protein mutations that are sposed to have occured with Omicron change the viruses ability to bind to lung tissue. This certainly seemed the case.)

Nothing you describe here ferball sounds that appealing anyway, so I'd still like to give it a wide berth to just avoid those bloody symptoms.

Having spent a fair bit of time in hospital with respiratory issues, the nights are often the worst. In ICU, they would do checks every 30 minutes or so to make sure you weren't deteriorating overnight. Less so during the day.

Thanks mate. That seems to be my experience as well. Although I'm coughing up green s**t now so I don't think that's a good sign?

Nothing you describe here ferball sounds that appealing anyway, so I'd still like to give it a wide berth to just avoid those bloody symptoms.

Having spent a fair bit of time in hospital with respiratory issues, the nights are often the worst. In ICU, they would do checks every 30 minutes or so to make sure you weren't deteriorating overnight. Less so during the day.
It was shithouse. I'm glad I had it cos I'll have some natural immunity. But I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

ICU sucks. I've been in there with family members but never myself. Apparantly its just as noisy and chaotic at night as it is during the day. But for a person everything slows down at night, cos of biorhythms etc etc Between 3 and 4 am is the most likely time to die in hospital (and probably out of hospital). There are physiological changes to do with lowering immune performance, narrowing airways and other things.

Spoke with the doctor. At this stage it's mild pneumonia. He's seeing a lot of COVID patients with secondary bacterial infections at the moment so trying some antibiotics (which are proving near on impossible to get delivered) and if no improvement in 48 hours, or if I have any of chest pain, loss of appetite, or shortness of breath, it's straight to hospital.

Triple vaxxed, 29 year old who runs a 22 minute 5km. This is ****ed.

Spoke with the doctor. At this stage it's mild pneumonia. He's seeing a lot of COVID patients with secondary bacterial infections at the moment so trying some antibiotics (which are proving near on impossible to get delivered) and if no improvement in 48 hours, or if I have any of chest pain, loss of appetite, or shortness of breath, it's straight to hospital.

Triple vaxxed, 29 year old who runs a 22 minute 5km. This is *ed.
Keep up the good fight mate.

Talk about a thread not mirroring life itself. I don't understand how everyone in here can feel like they're semi dying?

If I didn't see this thread I wouldn't even know Covid was around. In fact, in Cairns, almost zero masks are worn, no social distancing etc and coincidentally, no over loaded hospitals but still all the bullshit rhetoric on the radio that does my head in.

Every single person I associate with has had Covid(some twice like my family) and ALL cases have been very, very mild. Not a single hospitalisation. My kids were asymptomatic, my triple vaxxed wife(39 good shape)mild fever for roughly 3 days, headaches, lethargy and the rest of the bullshit that goes with it, and myself lucky last with same symptons as wife. I'm unvaxxed, 46 in decent/good shape.

We had Delta first Nov/Dec? '21then omicron in April '22. Wife(nurse) brought the first lot home, 12 year old the second lot.

I had a flu back in '13 or '14 in Perth that knocked the absolute guts out of me. 8 days bed ridden, 7 kgs lost with a dry cough that lasted 6 agonising weeks. I would take covid over that any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Anyway, for anyone feeling bad I hope you get better soon but a bit more positivity wouldn't go astray when testing +. Not sure if Dickhead Dan, the lockdowns and the fear campaigns have affected the psyche of Victorians, but a disease with a 99ish% survival rate and an average age of death of 83 is a bother, not something to be terrified of, unless you are 70+ or have comorbidities or both.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Triple vaxxed, 29 year old who runs a 22 minute 5km. This is *ed.
I think I'm dealing with something similar atm. It's like flu like symptoms without having the flu. I envy those that had a quick, painless recovery

Talk about a thread not mirroring life itself. I don't understand how everyone in here can feel like they're semi dying?

If I didn't see this thread I wouldn't even know Covid was around. In fact, in Cairns, almost zero masks are worn, no social distancing etc and coincidentally, no over loaded hospitals but still all the bullshit rhetoric on the radio that does my head in.

Every single person I associate with has had Covid(some twice like my family) and ALL cases have been very, very mild. Not a single hospitalisation. My kids were asymptomatic, my triple vaxxed wife(39 good shape)mild fever for roughly 3 days, headaches, lethargy and the rest of the bullshit that goes with it, and myself lucky last with same symptons as wife. I'm unvaxxed, 46 in decent/good shape.

We had Delta first Nov/Dec? '21then omicron in April '22. Wife(nurse) brought the first lot home, 12 year old the second lot.

I had a flu back in '13 or '14 in Perth that knocked the absolute guts out of me. 8 days bed ridden, 7 kgs lost with a dry cough that lasted 6 agonising weeks. I would take covid over that any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Anyway, for anyone feeling bad I hope you get better soon but a bit more positivity wouldn't go astray when testing +. Not sure if Dickhead Dan, the lockdowns and the fear campaigns have affected the psyche of Victorians, but a disease with a 99ish% survival rate and an average age of death of 83 is a bother, not something to be terrified of, unless you are 70+ or have comorbidities or both.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
All of my family got it mild. Probably only about ten per cent of my co-workers got it bad. But those who get it bad are out there mate and the vast majority of them won't be reflected in the 99% survival rate.

I literally have pneumonia from this. My doctor isn't lying and this certainly isn't psychosomatic and to be frank I find the suggestion pretty insensitive. If you're looking for the rate of people getting seriously ill from this then survival rate is not going to reflect that. People can be pretty ****ed for 2-3 weeks, manage their symptoms with their doctor, and not check in to hospital, they probably knew they weren't going to die. That doesn't mean they weren't seriously ill.

However, if the expectation from society who get mild illness is that I have to go through this degree of sickness 2-3 times per year then I actually don't know what I'm going to do going forward. It's not like this is a once in a lifetime thing. More and more people getting reinfected which isn't really something I've seen with the serious influenzas.

Also the Victorian government appears to have checked out of COVID, their messaging certainly has flipped on COVID, and my experience of it doesn't line up with the government's messaging.

Anyway, thank you for questioning my psychological state, but I assure you the infection in my lungs doesn't care about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back