News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope all goes well for you and your wife. l contracted it on Saturday but l was lucky that l have had the vaccines so all l am getting are bad flu like symptoms which is being managed by medication. The worse bit for me is the fact that l dont get reimbursed for not going to work as l dont have no sick days left and have to islolate until Wed Night. l think the government should still help financally ,but only with those that have it and MUST take time off work who dont have their income coming in..
I'm lucky I have plenty of sick leave. There is no requirement by law to isolate now, which I suspect was designed to remove the Govs need to compensate people like you who do not get paid for your leave. I took three days off to look after my wife whilst she had it and now similar as I have it.

Lucky we both are fully vaxed and I suppose it is like having the flu. Wife is almost 100% after 8 days except for a lingering cough. I'm at day 4 and have the cough, light headedness, mild headache so hopefully I won't get any worse.

Good luck with yours kool kangas

I'm lucky I have plenty of sick leave. There is no requirement by law to isolate now, which I suspect was designed to remove the Govs need to compensate people like you who do not get paid for your leave. I took three days off to look after my wife whilst she had it and now similar as I have it.

Lucky we both are fully vaxed and I suppose it is like having the flu. Wife is almost 100% after 8 days except for a lingering cough. I'm at day 4 and have the cough, light headedness, mild headache so hopefully I won't get any worse.

Good luck with yours kool kangas
Good to hear things are getting better. When l sent a message to say l had Coronavirus l received a message back saying that l should isolate for 5 days and until l feel well, not just when l feel well, whereas close contacts no longer had to if they showed no signs of symptoms..

Antivirals like antibiotics are prescribed mostly because patients expect to get them, and switch Drs if they don't.

Find a Dr that only gives them if they are certain that they are both needed, and will help.

Drs prescribing antibiotics for illnesses they know are viral is a curse on modern medicine.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Neither of my kids have had to have antibiotics yet, 11 & 9 because we only take them to the drs committed to responsible use of antibiotics.

kool kangas How are you going? I'm on the up but still testing positive. Certainly feeling better.
Like yourself l'm getting there...My wife has gotten it also and she is worse but luckily we have both had our vaccines otherwise who knows how bad this could have been. l will test again tomorrow night with the hope of going back to work on Friday..

Just an update...Fatigue is the worse. l went back to work and my heart rate while working is normally around 72 but now it is around the 109 mark. The sooner my fitness comes back the better. At least the company understands and have told me not to rush and rest whenever l need to..

Just an update...Fatigue is the worse. l went back to work and my heart rate while working is normally around 72 but now it is around the 109 mark. The sooner my fitness comes back the better. At least the company understands and have told me not to rush and rest whenever l need to..
We are both near 100%. I have a bit of an occasional cough but that's about all. We both might have been lucky we didn't get it worse. Hope you both continue to improve. Good luck.

We are both near 100%. I have a bit of an occasional cough but that's about all. We both might have been lucky we didn't get it worse. Hope you both continue to improve. Good luck.
Thanks . l believe l will be ok but its going to take time...Glad to hear your both doing ok..

Hey kool kangas - how are you guys going? We are almost 100% now - just a nagging, random cough.
Feeling a lot better. Once l get over the remaining fatigue l should be 100%. Thanks for asking. Glad you are both almost there also..

Hey kool kangas - how are you guys going? We are almost 100% now - just a nagging, random cough.
pretty similar here, lingering slight dry throat and bit of phlegm, still a notacable amount of blockage in sunuses. but even at its worse it was really just throat and sinuses where it was felt.

i should think that would be just about everyone on the board thats had it now, i was the last domino to fall in both our household and workplace.

what have we got coming next? Omnicrons second cousin by marriage?

pretty similar here, lingering slight dry throat and bit of phlegm, still a notacable amount of blockage in sunuses. but even at its worse it was really just throat and sinuses where it was felt.

i should think that would be just about everyone on the board thats had it now, i was the last domino to fall in both our household and workplace.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves
Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe Mrs.H.and haven't had a dose yet. Sure it's round the corner

Still dodging it here...

mario-difficult-difficult-level.gif

Although missus is a bit sick today, maybe my time has come at last

I was talking to a mate the other day about whether he had covid three years ago.

In light of recent stuff from Italy - apparently they tested a whole lot of blood samples from a cancer study of otherwise healthy people in september 2019 and about 10% had Covid antibodies!

We were at a fire in *en wild conditions, 40+ deg C, wind gusting well over 50km/hr, all of us overheating, dehydrated and in heavily smoky atmosphere, in front of huge walls of flame so there were times ... well its the hottest i've ever been and at one point I was unsure if I'd get out.

My mate was ****ed (still did 12 hours in front of humungous walls of flame tho,) and was wiped out for a week afterward. He hasn't really had covid (ie no positive tests) and is well vaccinated as he works in aged care.

He was saying it was the worst flu he'd ever had and a bit unlike other flus too.

We (four of us in total) all spent 16 hours in and out of a truck with him too but none of us got sick. Tho that may be hardly surprising given the conditions. Like I said the heat was unlike anything i've ever experienced, especially at the peak of it. It was getting hard for us to survive let alone tiny molecules wrapped in easily burnt off fats.

Its an interesting possibility anyway.

Household of 4 here & the only one to have Covid is the 13 year old grandson
Our youngest daughter has not had it in her household either & she works in the health field

geographical isolation at work
Yeah you’re probably right in some ways but our grandson goes to school in Warrnambool & our youngest daughter lives there & works in health
Just luck of the draw probably
Must admit we’re happy to have avoided it so far as the wife has had respiratory issues for quite a number of years

If you think Covids left us then think again.
We're up to 50 patients here at the hospital, getting more by the day.
Reckon they're thinking of opening another ward too.

Yeah, which is why my GP insisted I have my 5th jab asap, which I did on Monday (2 x AZ, 2 x Pfizer and now one Moderna. Just need the J&J plus the Sputnik and that Chinese crap and I’ll have the set).

If you think Covids left us then think again.
We're up to 50 patients here at the hospital, getting more by the day.
Reckon they're thinking of opening another ward too.
Unfortunately people think they can just pretend there's no pandemic just because they're tired of it. History shows us that most pandemics oscillate, and given we're the most mobile we've ever been I suspect the break between the periods of high infection is massively shortened.

Unfortunately people think they can just pretend there's no pandemic just because they're tired of it. History shows us that most pandemics oscillate, and given we're the most mobile we've ever been I suspect the break between the periods of high infection is massively shortened.
I'm surprised with the amount of people who think its over and people no longer die from it.
Would be happy to invite them down for a weekened on the ward to see what its about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back