News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

15,000+ spoiled this year at a minimum. Not good.
According to excellent source there are 80,000 plus cases in Vic. You don't have to report now so official numbers grossly under represent the real situation.

Last edited:
Sounds like a presidential candidate
Joe Biden Reaction GIF

From what I've seen in my family, this latest wave is very quick in terms of how long you stay positive. 3 days and it's gone.
For vast majority of people, nothing to worry about.

From what I've seen in my family, this latest wave is very quick in terms of how long you stay positive. 3 days and it's gone.
what are the age range of our family that's been affected?
I assume they are fit and heathy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have a proper immune response (from vax, prior infection or both) then that's what should happen.

Currently in Doha and it's been noticable in the past week more locals, shop assistants, bus drivers, waiters etc are wearing face masks. Probably unavoidable here I guess. It's packed almost everywhere you go and no one really gives a s**t. Will test when I get back home in 13 days.

I don’t have covid but I’ve got a shocking chest infection. I got a similar thing last year. Coughing till I almost pass out. Can’t breathe properly. *en sucks. Heading into a respiratory clinic today. Hopefully get it sorted before it gets as bad as last time.

It’s weird. I hadnt had a chest infection since I was a kid and now I have my second one in the space of 12 months.

I don’t have covid but I’ve got a shocking chest infection. I got a similar thing last year. Coughing till I almost pass out. Can’t breathe properly. *en sucks. Heading into a respiratory clinic today. Hopefully get it sorted before it gets as bad as last time.

It’s weird. I hadnt had a chest infection since I was a kid and now I have my second one in the space of 12 months.
I used to get them every year without fail. About 10 years ago I had my first flu vax and never had a chest infection since. Hope you are ok mate - they are awful.

I used to get them every year without fail. About 10 years ago I had my first flu vax and never had a chest infection since. Hope you are ok mate - they are awful.

I get a flu shot every year.

The kids brought it home from school, they bounced back ok but mine is getting worse. I can’t shake it.

It’s kind of my fault because after the last one I was supposed to go get some tests done on my lungs but I never got around to it.

My brother has one right now lol I’ve had to avoid him like the plague.

I used to get them all the time when I was younger, they suck. I hope you get better soon

My brother has one right now lol I’ve had to avoid him like the plague.

I used to get them all the time when I was younger, they suck. I hope you get better soon

Apparently it’s going around. Whatever this thing is on top of covid is what’s filling up the hospitals. That’s what the doctor told me yesterday anyway.

Apparently it’s going around. Whatever this thing is on top of covid is what’s filling up the hospitals. That’s what the doctor told me yesterday anyway.
When I had covid few weeks ago doc told me same. Said there is a respitory virus with similar symptoms that was affecting many people much worse than covid.

This is 10X worse then when I had covid, I barely felt that. That’s just thanks to the vax though.
Chest & throat infections are actually ****ed.

I’ve had many sleepless nights because I couldn’t stop coughing

When I had covid few weeks ago doc told me same. Said there is a respitory virus with similar symptoms that was affecting many people much worse than covid.

My better half was in RMH ED Tuesday night for what sounds like something similar. She's had a bad cough for a few weeks now, so decided to get it checked out at local GP. GP took her temp & it was 39'ish, so told her to go to hospital. Ran all the usual tests and nothing obvious popped up. Kept her in overnight as her blood pressure was low. They couldn't even say it was a "chest infection". Did/Do you have a high temperature and/or low BP, VK?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back