News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the whole situation is more than about the date he thought he was positive.

There is a series of events that when linked together show to me a pattern of behaviour by Novak that tries to absolve him of any responsibility for his actions.

when you're that rich your "actions" are rarely done by you.

are we all just going to ignore the fact he returned to negative RAT tests? i guess so if it doesn't suit the narrative.
Are you going to ignore that he had a positive PCR test by then?

I guess that doesn't suit your tinfoil hat narrative.

Are you going to ignore that he had a positive PCR test by then?

I guess that doesn't suit your tinfoil hat narrative.
I think the dates on what happened are the things under scrutiny. Media reports suggest they don't add up especially around the tests.

are we all just going to ignore the fact he returned to negative RAT tests? i guess so if it doesn't suit the narrative.
In the interview recorded by border force and the evidence he gave in court his account was that he had the PCR results available on the 16th at 20:19 Serbian time.

Novak's version of events appears varied depending on the circumstances.

In the interview recorded by border force and the evidence he gave in court his account was that he had the PCR results available on the 16th at 20:19 Serbian time.

Novak's version of events appears varied depending on the circumstances.

How convenient 😉

so you would have preferred he either used RAT or PCR tests, but not both? it's interesting you're outraged by that.

the "event" being a interview with a journalist? he said he made an error. alas people cannot make errors in this era of the mob i guess.
Only after the error was publically exposed.

This messaging has been confusing. Is six months the optimal timeframe for booster shots, that they just dispensed with because of omicron's spread, or is three months better?

Is the government just betting the entire house on Omicron being the end of this?

The government is looking at the antibody levels present, whilst the booster does increase your antibody levels Omicron is exceptionally good at evading your antibodies, it has an R0 value of 8-15, that puts it now at the 2nd most contagious disease in the world behind measles at 15-18. The antibodies in your system aren't going to do s**t against Omicron. Each person infected, on average, will infect 8 to 15 other people during it's infectious period.

We are insanely lucky that Omicron remains mostly in the nasal and throat area and doesn't venture too deep into the lungs, like previous variants. Half the people in NSW in ICU are vaccinated but we are thankfully not seeing a lot of serious cases... relative to how many people are being infected.

Being vaccinated still gives you a lot of protection against a fatal outcome but I am not sure there is much method to the booster madness. If the 1.1 variant of the vaccine comes out in March/April are they going to jab people again? 4 vaccine doses in 6 months... I think there is some genuine concern about how many jabs people in some countries are going to be exposed to in a relatively short period of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being vaccinated still gives you a lot of protection against a fatal outcome but I am not sure there is much method to the booster madness. If the 1.1 variant of the vaccine comes out in March/April are they going to jab people again? 4 vaccine doses in 6 months... I think there is some genuine concern about how many jabs people in some countries are going to be exposed to in a relatively short period of time.

That's what I would love to hear the experts' take on as well, and it appears that the WHO have some concerns around the sustainability of this approach. The article suggests they have some concerns about dosing up on the original when the next, more effective firmware upgrade could be coming up soon.

If Omicron isn't the end of the pandemic, and we end up with another variant (either less severe, just as severe, or God forbid more severe), are we shooting ourselves in the foot by dosing up with the original one now?

Feels like they're betting the absolute house on the here and now end to this pandemic with Omicron when it might be worth being more conservative and trying to leave some wiggle room for if a new variant rolls around.

I dunno, I'm not an expert in this stuff - but when I see the WHO criticising an approach (and the WHO have a different set of priorities to national governments) and when the discourse and current national advice doesn't seem to engage with that criticism, it just leaves me wondering what's the best course of action for myself.

He signed a legal document that was absolutely false. NO ifs, no buts. Blame your staff all you want but he lied.
Yep. Djokovic apologists have relied on the fact that the Federal Government granted him a visa. If the document had been filled out truthfully, his visa would have been denied and he wouldn't have been allowed onto the plane in the first place. Pretty relevant I would have thought.

Because the whole situation is more than about the date he thought he was positive.

There is a series of events that when linked together show to me a pattern of behaviour by Novak that tries to absolve him of any responsibility for his actions.

Sounds just like our Prime Minister and some of our Premiers!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He signed a legal document that was absolutely false. NO ifs, no buts. Blame your staff all you want but he lied.
He answered an incoming passenger card incorrectly. There are grounds for visa cancellation. But that doesn't mean it should actually be cancelled. Does he deserve to be deported? This is administrative law, not criminal law.

It's relevant
Not in the slightest. If he has entered the country illegally given the mistakes on his Visa application that is relevant. If he has lied in an affidavit that's jailable. It seems both have happened going by media reports. I'm not a tennis fan so don't give a stuff whether he stays or goes. But anyone else who lied in those ways (if that is true) would have their visa revoked so I think he is in trouble. The fact he doesn't deny doing a media interview and photo shoot knowing he was covid positive is disgusting and says a lot about the bloke. Now there are questions over whether or not he knew he was positive when he did the public appearance the day before with kids. I think he is in trouble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back