News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no issues with people that want to continue to wear masks even though they’re no longer required according to the health department, I only take issue if people expect other people to wear masks.

FWIW I spoke to a fairly senior nurse at the Royal Melbourne recently who told me they’re losing a lot of nurses because they’re sick of the over the top safety protocols regarding covid. Still full face shields, masks, safety glasses.
To be fair masks are recommended indoors by the CHO (Sutton) but the government is ignoring him. He also recommended vaccine mandates to be scrapped and he has been ignored on that as well.

Everything has largely become political now. I had a rough 3 months after my infection in January, with ba.4 and 5 about to takeover i'd like to avoid a repeat of that with reinfections about to become more prominent. At the shops today felt like i was the only non Asian wearing a mask though.

I'm not sure that's true. Hasn't been at the unfortunate many times I've presented at hospital the past six months. Was a mask and that's it.

Personally I'd be rapt to be having less spread and sick leave among an already depleted workforce.
My wife is a hygienist in an orthodontist clinic. Pre-COVID they just wore a normal surgical mask, now they are in N95, full face shield and a scrub cap for the hair (and for certain procedures, disposable surgical gown).

My wife is a hygienist in an orthodontist clinic. Pre-COVID they just wore a normal surgical mask, now they are in N95, full face shield and a scrub cap for the hair (and for certain procedures, disposable surgical gown).
Aren't they spending all day in people's mouths though?

Aren't they spending all day in people's mouths though?
Confused Gary Coleman GIF

Three weeks and one day and I am 80% healthy

Thankyou science; I have little doubt that were I not vaccinated I would have been in a spot of bother

Animated GIF

agree Gaso. pleased to hear you're better too.
Just tested positive yesterday after 3 days or so of symptoms. So far its just been a cold, so very happy that im boostered . Had some people at work who haven't been so lucky though. One spent 23 days in bed and now has pneumonia .She's in her late 30's and was a semi professional triathlete.
So it can be a nasty beast

agree Gaso. pleased to hear you're better too.
Just tested positive yesterday after 3 days or so of symptoms. So far its just been a cold, so very happy that im boostered . Had some people at work who haven't been so lucky though. One spent 23 days in bed and now has pneumonia .She's in her late 30's and was a semi professional triathlete.
So it can be a nasty beast

Haven’t fully recovered. Fatigued by 9pm most nights. Cough that hasn’t left. Just rolling along.

I'm not sure that's true. Hasn't been at the unfortunate many times I've presented at hospital the past six months. Was a mask and that's it.

Personally I'd be rapt to be having less spread and sick leave among an already depleted workforce.

I spoke to her at my nieces birthday party two weeks ago and it was the case then.

I still have to wear a mask when I see my psychologist because it’s classified as medical.

Been in the women's hospital once a week for the past couple months with pregnancy stuff and all staff there just have the n95s.. no shields or any of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did not observe an increased incidence of neither pericarditis nor myocarditis in adult patients recovering from COVID-19 infection.

So my family hid from me they had COVID (unconfirmed but the symptoms lined up, they took a RAT the day after the catch up and sure enough it was positive). I'm now in close contact iso and expecting to be positive very soon. Had to cancel some pretty important medical appointments. Told them I hope they feel better but they were irresponsible, particularly after two years of this stuff, and now they're not speaking to me because apparently I 'didnt care how sick they were'. Bro if you were that sick why give it to other people?

Absolutely gobsmacked that it feels like almost everyone I know simply hasn't learned from this pandemic. We're ****ed if something pops up with a 10% plus kill rate.

So my family hid from me they had COVID (unconfirmed but the symptoms lined up, they took a RAT the day after the catch up and sure enough it was positive). I'm now in close contact iso and expecting to be positive very soon. Had to cancel some pretty important medical appointments. Told them I hope they feel better but they were irresponsible, particularly after two years of this stuff, and now they're not speaking to me because apparently I 'didnt care how sick they were'. Bro if you were that sick why give it to other people?

Absolutely gobsmacked that it feels like almost everyone I know simply hasn't learned from this pandemic. We're ducked if something pops up with a 10% plus kill rate.
That is so irresponsible. I had a friend who went to a wedding. They had covid three days later so did the right thing and called the mother of the bride. MoB said we all do too. We had it last week before the wedding but didn't want to cancel as we would lose our deposit and didn't tell everyone because they would not have come. Ended up a superspreader event. Do these people not realise people actually die of covid? Most don't, most only get flu like symptoms - but some can die.

Hope you miss the germ. Good luck.

That is so irresponsible. I had a friend who went to a wedding. They had covid three days later so did the right thing and called the mother of the bride. MoB said we all do too. We had it last week before the wedding but didn't want to cancel as we would lose our deposit and didn't tell everyone because they would not have come. Ended up a superspreader event. Do these people not realise people actually die of covid? Most don't, most only get flu like symptoms - but some can die.

Hope you miss the germ. Good luck.
Extra pisses me off that they're acutely aware of my immune system troubles. Just do not give a *, and had the audacity to call me selfish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back