Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so upset. I think I need a break. Love to all my fellow Victorians :hearts:
Hang in there Mebbe.
Hats off to you with very young ones and trying to stay sane and getting everyone what they need.
hug2.gif

EeZNsAeWsAErHsA

Guys I’m a long time reader and faithful blues supporter. My wife is due to give birth to our first child on the 12th of August and I just wanna vent and say shame on you if you think this is a conspiracy by the government to control society. Our families won’t be there to share it with us. Please be safe and take care.
Go blues!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys I’m a long time reader and faithful blues supporter. My wife is due to give birth to our first child on the 12th of August and I just wanna vent and say shame on you if you think this is a conspiracy by the government to control society. Our families won’t be there to share it with us. Please be safe and take care.
Go blues!

My heart goes out to your and your family. We have two young boys (#1 is 3 in October & #2 is 1 in November) and I can't imagine going through it without the support of our family. Good luck.

fu** me, whats the chances the suicide numbers never get talked about the whole 6 weeks?
Bingo.

Keep an eye on your loved ones people, the real danger here is severe depression leading into suicide.

Shocking decision, prisoners in our own homes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The idea is to reduce the numbers as much as possible and then isolate them in a facility near Mildura (forget the name) that can house about 2000 people.

Going to be intresting when it gets to that point.

There is a way out of this, and it not being considered by the governments. It is real time testing .

Current testing leads to outbreaks because of the delay in identifying infectious people. Cheap $1 antigen tests are being rolled out now but have been available for at least 4 months.
Due to misinformation they have been cast aside as being inferior - when in fact they would be far superior to the cluster * of a testing regime that is currently being used. Our current predicament would have been avoided.

Its all about sensitivity of the tests. The current PCR tests are much more sensitive than the cheap antigen test and are therefore considered "better". But that ignores the delays in 1. getting tested 2. Getting the results 3 Acting on the results. Given that most dont get tested until they feel unwell and then have to wait at least 24 hours (which is very good compared to the US), they are most likely infectious before being asked to isolate.
And the situation will only get worse as the numbers ramp up and the labs get overloaded- as is the case in the US at the moment

Here are the numbers

Infectious: patients Viral load at 3,000,000

Current PCR tests: about 2000

Rapid (under 15 minutes) eg Abotts ID now or Quidel sofia 4000. Requires expensive hardware

Cheap home based ($1) 50,000

So sure if we all get tested by the government using the current PCR tests every day, then we will know about 5-6 hours earlier than with the cheap home test but that "advantage" is soon lost due to delays in lab processing etc. If 25 M australians were tested with a PCR test each day, the delays in lab turn around would be weeks!

Compare this to being able to buy a box of 20 home tests and test each day- and know whether you are +ve about 2 days before you become infectious.
You would avoid giving the virus to Family, friends, work colleagues and others.

These test have been available for months but ignored until now. The US are finally embracing them, and I have heard will be rolling them out for schools very soon.

I havent heard one word about it from our governments. At $7 per week the governments could afford to give everyone a free supply of these tests. It would be far cheaper and much more effective than current testing regimes

Bingo.

Keep an eye on your loved ones people, the real danger here is severe depression leading into suicide.

Shocking decision, prisoners in our own homes.

It's a decision that had to be made thanks to the selfish and irresponsible behaviours of some. Downplaying the seriousness of the matter and being flippant about it is exactly why we're where we are at.

Had a three year old with food allergies added to the family today so had to go shopping. Supermarket full of strangers asking directions for where goods were in the store.

Had to strangle the urge to give them directions to * off back to where they should be.

Unbelievable

Had a three year old with food allergies added to the family today so had to go shopping. Supermarket full of strangers asking directions for where goods were in the store.

Had to strangle the urge to give them directions to fu** off back to where they should be.

Unbelievable
Quick question Jabba, are the supermarkets still doing home delivery down there? Point of question, they could be locals forced to do it themselves.
On another note, food allergies so complicate shopping, often forcing multiple venues. Most don't appreciate the dramas. When shopping restrictions were
up here trying to get a normal and a gluten free item was very difficult.

I hope you reported the see you next Tuesday's?
Cops took about 2 hrs to get there, by which time people had mostly left. Bins were still blocking the road but the cops kindly started their siren when they entered the street so people could run inside and get their masks. They stayed for 10 minutes, then left.

Quick question Jabba, are the supermarkets still doing home delivery down there? Point of question, they could be locals forced to do it themselves.
On another note, food allergies so complicate shopping, often forcing multiple venues. Most don't appreciate the dramas. When shopping restrictions were
up here trying to get a normal and a gluten free item was very difficult.
About 6 staff doing the online orders for collection, assume the delivery option is still available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back