Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Favourite relative No.2 just dropped dead, and suddenly no direct flights into Tulla, so have to bounce through Brizzy & Sydney, to land at bloody Avalon 8 hours later, do the same thing on return, and then 14 days of quarantine back here.

....think I might just send flowers instead.
Condolences stig ❤️

Favourite relative No.2 just dropped dead, and suddenly no direct flights into Tulla, so have to bounce through Brizzy & Sydney, to land at bloody Avalon 8 hours later, do the same thing on return, and then 14 days of quarantine back here.

....think I might just send flowers instead.
Sorry to hear that Numb3rs, s**t news at any time, worse when options are taken out of your hands.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Working at Anglesea last night and normally on the GOR going through the town between 11-11:30 you might be lucky to see 3-4 cars pass by.

Last night thee would have been 50-60 go through.

Not back to Melbourne direction though, the other way. All these Melbourne people fleeing out into regional Vic.

Working at Anglesea last night and normally on the GOR going through the town between 11-11:30 you might be lucky to see 3-4 cars pass by.

Last night thee would have been 50-60 go through.

Not back to Melbourne direction though, the other way. All these Melbourne people fleeing out into regional Vic.
Got some of em up here, supermarkets cleaned out, even with restricted buying.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
Speaking to a local retailer yesterday that they had been contacted twice and told by people in the know that the lockdown will be 2 weeks, apparently it’s already been signed off on, guess we will find out tomorrow...

Speaking to a local retailer yesterday that they had been contacted twice and told by people in the know that the lockdown will be 2 weeks, apparently it’s already been signed off on, guess we will find out tomorrow...

Doesn't surprise me if this is true. Dan Andrews will always play this safe.

Blues177

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Dan explained today that he also locked regional Victoria to remove the incentive of Melbournians who are potentially carrying the virus to escape to regional areas last Friday afternoon when the announcement was made.
Now that we are locked in he may release the shackles of regional people first and keep Metro Melb locked for a few more days.

Dan explained today that he also locked regional Victoria to remove the incentive of Melbournians who are potentially carrying the virus to escape to regional areas last Friday afternoon when the announcement was made.
Now that we are locked in he may release the shackles of regional people first and keep Metro Melb locked for a few more days.

I feel like he may extend the 5km radius to maybe 25km.
Not sure he'll do much more tomorrow.
He'll want minimal movement over the weekend, and maybe from Monday he'll ease restrictions further.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I would be wary of some of this stuff, in Perth there were rumours of scores of confirmed cases the day after lockdown and guaranteed month long hard lockdowns and none prove to be true.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Well that's a joke. They were flooding down out off Melbourne highway down onto the coast last Friday.

FitzroyBlueBagger

FitzroyBlueBagger
Sep 30, 2018
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Carlton
I would be wary of some of this stuff, in Perth there were rumours of scores of confirmed cases the day after lockdown and guaranteed month long hard lockdowns and none prove to be true.
Yes anything is possible, I’ve been curious from when we went into lockdown again why only the five days?
personally I’ve discussed with family and friends that timeframe just seemed a little unusual and thought it would be extended...
Anyway just passing on what was told too me, quicker the better but wouldn’t surprise me at all if it was extended...

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes anything is possible, I’ve been curious from when we went into lockdown again why only the five days?
personally I’ve discussed with family and friends that timeframe just seemed a little unusual and thought it would be extended...
Anyway just passing on what was told too me, quicker the better but wouldn’t surprise me at all if it was extended...
We went into an immediate five day hard lockdown for the purposes of stopping any further communitry transmission and getting all people who attended contamination sites tested. From there they extended the lockdown to a partial lock down (i.e small events, dining etc) for another week, but that was largely driven by our 0 subsequent cases mark.

I would expect you'll stay in harsh lockdown for 5 days and then proceed to a staged decrease from there. I wouldn't expect it to be another period of "hard" lockdown with the low numbers you have (which i understand are 1 - 2 per day) but probably an increase to the next "stage" until Monday next wek, followed by maybe another "stage" increase for a week, followed by a return tonormal i you revert back to 0 cases.

i'm not sure what "stages" they use in Melbourne, but it may be something like, 2 guest permitted at your house but no dining out, followed by 20 person events and dining at the next "stage" etc.

Last edited:
Back