Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Statement from Dan Andrews ...

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Metropolitan Melbourne ...

EhMtaR8VoAI8Y59

Regional Victoria ...

EhMtaSIUYAAE68N

5km in effect until STAGE THREE. I don't know a single person within a 5km radius.
Hmmm
If you have a friend or rellie who is single, they can nominate you as their person and then distance doesn't apply
Only 9pm curfew.

I always took this thread for a central area for information and maybe a bit of support for people who may have some struggles, the efforts to discredit governments or downplay the seriousness of the virus probably belong elsewhere. I can tell you now that if you're feeling affected by the virus in one way or another if you have felt its effect the last thing you want to read is all this stuff that questions its severity or very existence.

I'd say it'd be great for most of us if you did take that sort of discussion elsewhere.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Case numbers by location are now available on DataVic ...

EhRSyzYXgAAW9gc

Is it? Do you think they're just being punitive for the sake of it?
Nope, being cautious because people are selfish by nature and will not do what is right for everyone ... if they believe it infringes on their right to do whatever they want to do. Plenty of evidence of this already with border jumpers, large gatherings etc.

Also, if they let people out and it starts up again, the people calling for the easing of restrictions will be the worst critics and the whole blame game reignites, distracting from the work of trying to fix the problem. This has already happened for political point scoring, it will simply escalate next time around

Ninja Worrier

All Australian
Jul 13, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Nope, being cautious because people are selfish by nature and will not do what is right for everyone ... if they believe it infringes on their right to do whatever they want to do. Plenty of evidence of this already with border jumpers, large gatherings etc.

Also, if they let people out and it starts up again, the people calling for the easing of restrictions will be the worst critics and the whole blame game reignites, distracting from the work of trying to fix the problem. This has already happened for political point scoring, it will simply escalate next time around
Bingo. It is also why it is disingenuous to refer to Sweden as a 'control group'

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
With respect to the PM, I think he needs to stay within the bounds of his enumerated responsibilities. Stop fuelling social division within States.

I was annoyed early in this pandemic when SM put what seemed to be considerable public pressure on nursing homes to relax visitation restrictions. The subsequent escalation in infections in that sector have been devastating. Granted the authorities have argued that those increases were primarily the result of staff related transmissions, however, I'm not convinced it's as black and white as that.

Those employers that want to re-open pronto can send their own families to work to face the present risk.

keep up the good work DA.

Abyss

Senior List
Jan 30, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, South Adelaide
Great insight. What country are you living in?

How did you end up there?

Im in central america, coy on the country because of the fact theres no free media at the moment.
I came for the weather and surf. Retired early, I had a great job but found myself going backwards finacially and decided I may as well live on the cheap but doing what i want. I got tired of all the rules and regulations regarding work, life and thought id found the answer. I have sort of. Missing my family and the opportunity to see them.
I worked emergency seevices and so to my partner. When she came home from work, and said she had to unhook a man in his house before work that had hung himself in the shower, got caught on the taps on the way down, i said, do we want this? Ice addicts, chemists and alcohol shops on every street corner? So many pedos that ARGUS didnt know where to start.
We love oz but the wrong things we felt were being enforced. Our town went from weed growers to the kids turning into meth heads and went from hippy love to car crashes and burning houses.
Surf was beautiful but crowded, couldnt afford bricks near the beach.
Over here we know a lady that runs a charity funded womens health clinic. So she gives us the heads up on what is around and what is dangerous. Zika has been a big concern for her in these parts.
We run our house on $40,000 US a year, we are not and cannot afford to be extravagent. Happy to live on beans/rice and garden fruits. This place reminds me of what it must have been like living an adult life in oz in the 70's.
Would I have done this knowing covid was going to shut the world down? Not so sure now but seems we have no chance returning for a year or two now. We probably couldnt afford to live in oz anyway these days. Big gamble, probably have to see it through.
Interestingly, lots of interest from Americans who are wanting to get away from crazy things and move here, Panama and Costa Rica. If they have kids or older parents that need support I advise against it now.
Geez rambled on there😂

Last edited:

Abyss

Senior List
Jan 30, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, South Adelaide
Ventilators are essential for many gravely ill people. But using them for covid has to be the absolute last resort due to the damage it does to the lungs and the infections that they can introduce . The Ventilator panic was quickly dispelled as a false requirement, as they were not helping in the way they thought they would early on.

Theyre using oxygen here if needed. Like what every surf lifesaving club and basic first aid responder kits have

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Im in central america, coy on the country because of the fact theres no free media at the moment.
I came for the weather and surf. Retired early, I had a great job but found myself going backwards finacially and decided I may as well live on the cheap but doing what i want. I got tired of all the rules and regulations regarding work, life and thought id found the answer. I have sort of. Missing my family and the opportunity to see them.
I worked emergency seevices and so to my partner. When she came home from work, and said she had to unhook a man in his house before work that had hung himself in the shower, got caught on the taps on the way down, i said, do we want this? Ice addicts, chemists and alcohol shops on every street corner? So many pedos that ARGUS didnt know where to start.
We love oz but the wrong things we felt were being enforced. Our town went from weed growers to the kids turning into meth heads and went from hippy love to car crashes and burning houses.
Over here we know a lady that runs a charity funded womens health clinic. So she gives us the heads up on what is around and what is dangerous. Zika has been a big concern for her in these parts.
We run our house on $40,000 US a year, we are not and cannot afford to be extravagent. Happy to live on beans/rice and garden fruits. This place reminds me of what it must have been like living an adult life in oz in the 70's.
Would I have done this knowing covid was going to shut the world down? Not so sure now but seems we have no chance returning for a year or two now. We probably couldnt afford to live in oz anyway these days. Big gamble, probably have to see it through.
Interestingly, lots of interest from Americans who are wanting to get away from crazy things and move here, Panama and Costa Rica. If they have kids or older parents that need support I advise against it now.
Geez rambled on there😂
I enjoyed reading this post. :)

Geez rambled on there😂
Thanks so much for sharing your story with us Abyss. So interesting!
Stay well.

Earls Smother

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
MrsEddieBetts said:
5km in effect until STAGE THREE. I don't know a single person within a 5km radius.

Hmmm
If you have a friend or rellie who is single, they can nominate you as their person and then distance doesn't apply
Only 9pm curfew.
Or you could have a "fight" with HBF, make him sleep on the couch for a night, and claim you are single.

Then nominate someone outside the 5km as "your" person.

Then the next day nominate someone else as your new person. Where there is a will there is a way.

How the bloody hell are they going to enforce that rubbish? Is there a statewide "nominated person" register? FFS.

Back