Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

What does that mean 81?

It means I have long term ongoing health complications as a result of COVID.

This thing has had a profound impact on my life and the worry is I'll never be the same again. It's great Australia has escaped relatively unscathed compared to many other countries but the downside to that is most people here don't realise how debilitating this disease can be if you're unlucky enough to have got it.

This thing has had a profound impact on my life and the worry is I'll never be the same again. It's great Australia has escaped relatively unscathed compared to many other countries but the downside to that is most people here don't realise how debilitating this disease can be if you're unlucky enough to have got it.
Good luck with your recovery, thanks for sharing.

Too often we believe the problem is out there somewhere and it isn’t until it effects someone we know that it hits home.

Hope people don’t become complacent and this should be a timely warning to take it seriously

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take care 81. Wishing you the best for a full recovery in the fullness of time. Keep safe everyone.

:rage:

Exposure sites ...

EtTJ5rFVoAI5Uuk

Victoria has reintroduced mandatory mask rules, reduced the number of people allowed in homes and paused an increase on the number of people allowed in offices after a hotel quarantine worker contracted COVID-19.
From 11:59pm on Wednesday, private gatherings will be limited to 15 people and masks will become mandatory in indoor settings.

It follows the diagnosis of a 26-year-old hotel quarantine worker, who had been serving as a resident support officer as part of the Australian Open quarantine program.

Although this could have happened at any HQ, I think the Australian open was an unnecessary risk to the community

Love the tennis but I tend to agree.

Having said that, I think we've now got the structures in place to control things, and the reality is this probably could have happened with any incoming traveller.

And i'm back to wearing my mask in the office.

And I'm back to not thinking about going into the office.

Haven't been to the office since late March.

Although this could have happened at any HQ, I think the Australian open was an unnecessary risk to the community
If they'd asked us..
Do you want A.O or greater chance of attending AFL what would Victorians have voted for I wonder.

I do not wish to be that guy (harbinger of bad news) but sadly I feel like we in Victoria are going to be locked out of the footy again (certainly for the early rounds of the season at least) due to the latest worrying outbreak that resulted from the Aus Open Quarantine Shemozzle, which according to latest reports, is a carrier of the more new and deadlier UK strain.

And even if fans are allowed into the season opener, the crowd capacity will be capped at something like 10 K (for both clubs)

It sucks, but I am really worried about the new strain that has broken out here (which has yet to spread but it will) and I think we could potentially be back to at least stage 3 lockdown by the end of the month.

Obviously I am taking worst case scenario here, but i am very very worried friends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back