Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Dictator Dan is running South Australia’s hotel quarantine system too?

3 Mystery Cases.... how stupid does Murdoch think we all are? 1 of the cases is a hotel quarantine worker, that hasn’t been tested recently (did no one read the interim quarantine report from Victoria?!?!?).... the headline is about travellers needing to quarantine in WA but not focusing on the hotel outbreak. Why not focus on the source of the outbreak.... like their headlines about BLM March spreading cases (which never happened).

What a sh!t lot of media we have in Australia.

17 in SA now - just shows how fast this thing spreads. Mark my words, SA will end up like VIC for a while now.
There were 4 overnight. They'd tracked down another 13 within hours and have 90 more from the hospital being traced. The Coates' Whitewash Enquiry identified Melbourne's tracing as a primary cause of the second wave. I doubt Adelaide will ever get anywhere near Melbourne's second wave.

There were 4 overnight. They'd tracked down another 13 within hours and have 90 more from the hospital being traced. The Coates' Whitewash Enquiry identified Melbourne's tracing as a primary cause of the second wave. I doubt Adelaide will ever get anywhere near Melbourne's second wave.

Hope you're right. I just hope they've got it right here this time - I'm worried people from interstate can come in here freely.

Hope you're right. I just hope they've got it right here this time - I'm worried people from interstate can come in here freely.

It's returnees that appear to be the real problem. In Melbourne, it's what, 15 days in a row, now ? I think Victoria's back in line with the rest of the Country, that second wave we are still in Stage 3 over should never have happened. We have the government we deserve.

I’d hope that’s the case. They’d be remiss if it replicated Victoria’s second wave.

Every state should have been taking notes and putting preventive measures in place if they were paying any attention at all to what happened in Victoria.

What's the bet the Murdocracy goes easier on Adelaide than Melbourne seeing as they have a Liberal in charge

Nothing surer Ant ,the hypocrisy of that organisation has reached ridiculous levels worldwide.
They think everyone in the world has a Trump like attention span.

It's returnees that appear to be the real problem. In Melbourne, it's what, 15 days in a row, now ? I think Victoria's back in line with the rest of the Country, that second wave we are still in Stage 3 over should never have happened. We have the government we deserve.

Just be thankful you have Dictator Dan and not Dictator Don !
Some of us on BF may not be here otherwise .

I’d hope that’s the case. They’d be remiss if it replicated Victoria’s second wave.

Every state should have been taking notes and putting preventive measures in place if they were paying any attention at all to what happened in Victoria.
You are too kind. From what I can work out, every state was able to put in place tracing protocols that worked except Victoria. NSW got off to a bad start with Ruby Princess in March but were able to trace before it got out of hand. You'd have thought that the other states would have looked at that and made sure their tracing was up to scratch, obviously, again, except Victoria. Just what happened in Victoria, is uncertain because nobody knows or can remember.

Last edited:
Just be thankful you have Dictator Dan and not Dictator Don !
Some of us on BF may not be here otherwise .
You practically guaranteed that you'd still be able to post by living in Australia. You'd have improved your chances by having Glayds, Annastacia or any of the other Premiers.

You are too kind. From what I can work out, every state was able to put in place tracing protocols that worked except Victoria. NSW got off to a bad start with Ruby Princess in March but were able to trace before it got out of hand. You'd have thought that the other states would have looked at that and made sure their tracing was up to scratch, obviously, again, except Victoria. Just what happened in Victoria, is uncertain because nobody knows or can remember.

Only way to successfully trace is if you are dealing with honest brokers.
Clearly that never happened in the hotel saga and then made worse by some uncooperative families.
Its a tough gig for the various leaders staying on top of this virus , it doesn’t care what colour your Politics are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth are we letting people into the country at all and why hasn’t Dan stopped travel from SA immediately like some other states?

I thought he would have been the first to push the button on that

Last edited:
Only way to successfully trace is if you are dealing with honest brokers.
Clearly that never happened in the hotel saga and then made worse by some uncooperative families.
Its a tough gig for the various leaders staying on top of this virus , it doesn’t care what colour your Politics are.

It's more than that. You have to have collected detail from potential infectees, restaurants are good at that, now. Then there's data storage, access and clear lines of authority, as I understand it, this is where Victoria got it wrong. No excuses, the other states didn't. It's better if you use computers rather than hand written records and faxed copies of notes. It's also better if you have tracers who are trained and persistent, again, as I understand it, tracing was outsourced to businesses who's qualification was availability of staff. It was no tougher in Victoria than anywhere else.

Why on earth are we letting people into the country at all
What do you suppose we do with Australian citizens who may be continuing to live overseas through all this, if at the very least just want to return to Australia (which is their right given they're Australian citizens), but baring that, might be forced to come home through expiration of overseas visas, overseas universities not allowing international students, losing jobs, etc. etc.?

Victoria needs to come down hard on this immediately. Never mind ‘symptom checking’ people coming in on flights. What a pointless exercise that is. If you arrive from SA it needs to be 2 week quarantine. We have all sacrificed too much to take any risks this time. I’d shut the border if I was in charge. Let’s nip this in the bud.

What do you suppose we do with Australian citizens who may be continuing to live overseas through all this, if at the very least just want to return to Australia (which is their right given they're Australian citizens), but baring that, might be forced to come home through expiration of overseas visas, overseas universities not allowing international students, losing jobs, etc. etc.?

Stiff sh!t

Have had more than long enough

Get them to self isolate for two weeks before returning? Are all the people coming in citizens?

Get them to self isolate for two weeks before returning? Are all the people coming in citizens?

Nope most are residents not citizens.

Running from countries that a rife with it and bringing it here.

I’m not prepared to go onto lockdown again because they have decided NOW it’s better to be here than somewhere else.

I’m not prepared to go onto lockdown again because they have decided NOW it’s better to be here than somewhere else.

A family I know have been trying to come home for over 4 months. Been to the airport 7 times and keep being bumped off the flight when some big knob like Abbott wants a seat on the flight.

I think returning citizens are the only people allowed to enter. Apart from the Indian cricket team! There are 30k plus wanting to return and limited quarantine accommodation. I don’t think we’d trust that people self isolated in another country.

A friend of mine went back to his job in Japan recently. He had to have permission to leave, permission to land in Tokyo, no stopovers on the flight, tests before and after the flight.

Relax MD, it won't happen. As in SA today, there'll be the occasional breakout, more likely in Victoria because it takes more than a few months for competence and sense of duty to be restored and the the ideologues who rank rewarding 'disadvantaged' businesses, particularly if they have a connection to the ALP, above running a State, are still in the driver's seat. As for the Returnees, well if they are citizens and/or PR's, particularly if they are citizens, now, you've probably detected by now that I'm no bleeding heart but.. We could make it a condition that they quarantine in the electoral offices of cabinet members.

A family I know have been trying to come home for over 4 months. Been to the airport 7 times and keep being bumped off the flight when some big knob like Abbott wants a seat on the flight.

Shh, don't tell anyone but St Tony is our spy in CANZUK.

You have been brainwashed m8 - completely cooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back