Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

One simple stat sums up Dan.

Covid deaths Australia wide 909.

Covid deaths in Victoria 820.

The man should be hung drawn and quartered.

Bro how can you possibly defend the second wave in any possible way 😂 it should have never happened, but good on Dan for locking us down for 4 months to get on top of it, real strong leadership, brave brave man.

How is it that Dan Andrews is the only state leader that should have known the virus was going to escape on the watch private security?

And if he’s not, why wasn’t he stopped before the second wave happened? Shouldn’t the fed government have stepped in and enforced the use of fed police?

Also, why are private security still being used in HQ throughout Australia?
Almost 4000 in NSW HQ as of a couple of weeks ago.

Why do murdoch media parrots always ignore the common sense approach?

Would love some answers to these questions!!

Yes, yes I do.

You can overcomplicate, make excuses for and justify all you want if that makes you happy. 🙂
It's the real world we're talking about, it's never that simple. Those that see everything in black and white (there's a king of that on this forum) just exclude themselves from more nuanced conversations on the how and why of things. Each to their own.

It's the real world we're talking about, it's never that simple. Those that see everything in black and white (there's a king of that on this forum) just exclude themselves from more nuanced conversations on the how and why of things. Each to their own.

People are being called Murdoch parrots, very nuanced.

Is this the bushfire thread now??

How has Morrison done compared to his peers?

You are clutching at straws to the point of embarrassing yourself.
It says a lot that you won't say the same of Morrison.

Over 2000 deaths attributed to Robodebt.
Over a billion animals killed in the 2020 bushfire season in Victoria.
Over 650 people died in Aged Care homes.

All things that are the responsibility of Scott Morrison. You want Dan Andrews "hung, drawn and quartered" for the deaths of 165 people, but won't say the same of Scott Morrison. Are you going to continue pretending this has nothing to do with political affiliation? If you don't want this about bushfires, then make it about the >650 people dying in Aged Care, which is relevant in a thread about Covid. Are you going to criticise Morrison, or just Labor leaders?

You do realise that both Scomo and Andrews can both be failures at their job, right?

Just call me stupid champ. It would be easier.

Happy to be excluded from conversing with you if that suits you.

If on the other hand you are willing to drag yourself down to my level I am here for you.

How is it that Dan Andrews is the only state leader that should have known the virus was going to escape on the watch private security?

And if he’s not, why wasn’t he stopped before the second wave happened? Shouldn’t the fed government have stepped in and enforced the use of fed police?

Also, why are private security still being used in HQ throughout Australia?
Almost 4000 in NSW HQ as of a couple of weeks ago.

Why do murdoch media parrots always ignore the common sense approach?

Would love some answers to these questions!!

I get back to the one simple question of why so many died in Victoria versus other states??

Why did other states not need the feds to step in and save the day? Were they just lucky? Was Victoria just unlucky?

It says a lot that you won't say the same of Morrison.

Over 2000 deaths attributed to Robodebt.
Over a billion animals killed in the 2020 bushfire season in Victoria.
Over 650 people died in Aged Care homes.

All things that are the responsibility of Scott Morrison. You want Dan Andrews "hung, drawn and quartered" for the deaths of 165 people, but won't say the same of Scott Morrison. Are you going to continue pretending this has nothing to do with political affiliation? If you don't want this about bushfires, then make it about the >650 people dying in Aged Care, which is relevant in a thread about Covid. Are you going to criticise Morrison, or just Labor leaders?

I hope others reading this are as bemused as I am by the desperate need to deny Victoria has been mismanaged.

It’s bizarre.

I must concede at this point. I lack the passion to engage in a futile argument with a deluded participant.

I get back to the one simple question of why so many died in Victoria versus other states??

Why did other states not need the feds to step in and save the day? Were they just lucky? Was Victoria just unlucky?

Don’t cower from my questions Ma dog. They aren’t that difficult.

You do realise that both Scomo and Andrews can both be failures at their job, right?
Arguably they both are - but one at least had the cajones to hold pressers daily for ~120 days to at least provide a semblance of accountability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope others reading this are as bemused as I am by the desperate need to deny Victoria has been mismanaged.

It’s bizarre.

I must concede at this point. I lack the passion to engage in a futile argument with a deluded participant.
So you worship Morrison due to his political affiliation then. It shouldn't be hard to direct criticism at those who deserve it if you truly didn't care about whether some is Labor or Liberal

So you worship Morrison due to his political affiliation then. It shouldn't be hard to direct criticism at those who deserve it if you truly didn't care about whether some is Labor or Liberal

So if I think Dan has failed that means I love Morrison......🤷‍♂️

Clearly I am out of my depth here. I lack the crazy to engage. Might have to change my username.

Adios my passionate tangent merchant friend.

Just call me stupid champ. It would be easier.

Happy to be excluded from conversing with you if that suits you.

If on the other hand you are willing to drag yourself down to my level I am here for you.
No worries, I try to take each post on it's merit so when you add something that warrants conversing we'll be right to go.
Your foray into the thread got the one line responses it warranted.
Not sure you expected too much good faith conversation from that post though did you?

Goes to show how messed up our media environment is in Australia that the Morrison government continues to largely escape scrutiny over this. They are quite literally doing less than the bare minimum when it comes to COVID. Even fallen behind in vaccine rollout now

And yet they are apparently too busy to implement a federal ICAC...

No worries, I try to take each post on it's merit so when you add something that warrants conversing we'll be right to go.
Your foray into the thread got the one line responses it warranted.
Not sure you expected too much good faith conversation from that post though did you?

Thank you. I feel suitably belittled by your superior intellect. I must try harder to post a comment worthy of your response.

What is so confronting about admitting the inadequacy our state government?

I'm curious why you fixate on Dan supposedly failing at a task that was always the federal government's responsibility? And why are you not lambasting Scott Morrison for his utter failure in his role? Could it be that you do in fact care about his political affiliation?

Strange logic.

The reason it got into the Aged Care homes was because of the failure of hotel quarantine and Dan's name is all over that despite him sacking everyone else.

Then it fails again and still you support him.

Just seems like you are supporting Dan no matter what.

Strange logic.

The reason it got into the Aged Care homes was because of the failure of hotel quarantine and Dan's name is all over that despite him sacking everyone else.

I'm not at all. Hotel quarantine has been an abject failure in Victoria, and Dan has underperformed on a state-by-state basis. Fair to criticize for that.

What's not fair is to criticize him for things the federal government are supposed to be responsible for. Hotel quarantine is a federal responsibility. They hastily passed it on to the states with no notice when Covid was already taking over. This points to a completely inept federal government. They have grossly failed in their duty, and it seems many on here let their political alignment get in the way. You see the same people pile on about everything Dan does wrong yet so many of the criticisms relate to things that were never his responsibility in the first place, or never should have been. Add in the idiotic "Dan should be hung, drawn and quartered" comment from someone who is blatantly barracking for the other side, and that's why I have been arguing this point in the first place.

FYI, I'm not a Dan supporter. I'm not even Victorian. Dan Andrews has underperformed in his job and deserves criticism for failure relating to his actual duties. Scott Morrison has grossly failed in his job and deserves criticism for so many of the things Dan Andrews is actually copping the heat for.

Lol there is no clique

Same blokes doing the same thing over and over thread after thread if anyone dares disagree

Stay safe everyone 👍🏼

Ps ... who would have thought that Andrews is the main target in a forum that contains mostly Victorians 🤦🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Strange logic.

The reason it affected aged care so much is Morrison's government didn't supply enough PPE, didn't implement any sort of plan, and just left them to work it out themselves.

The reason it was left it the hands of an incompetent state premier is Morrison abandoned every single responsibility he had and just left it all to the states. If my boss puts me in charge and I * it up I'm a * up, but the responsibility still falls on my boss.

Hotel quarantine is a federal issue YET it works fantastically in every state except one.

So do we congratulate Scomo for that or berate him for Victoria’s failings?

And if it’s a federal issue why does Dan get up there and bang his drum day on day out about OUR gold standard quarantine and tracing?

I think anyone with half a brain knows the states are running their own shows so deflecting to Scomo is personal agenda pushing.

Scomo is a muppet but Danny is a class above imo. As I’ve said several times, there isn’t a politician world wide that I’d vote for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back